Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

George Santos expelled from Congress

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Frankly I'm a bit surprised given how even several Democrats had voiced concern about ousting someone who hasn't been convicted of anything. This sets a president I'm sure that many who voted for his expulsion will later come to regret.
    If anyone ever needed to go, it was him. And I don't think there is any real doubt he's guilty. Waiting around for the trial in this case is unnecessary and sends the wrong message.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

    If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

    This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

      Oh yes, it was all public and that is why all the accusations, the impeachment circuses, the Mueller investigation, the J6 hearings were seen to be the political get OMB at any cost sham that they were.
      Oh no no no. They weren't seen to be the political get OMB at any cost kind of investigations, well, ya know, it was seen that way by his supporters of course, but that's simply because his supporters are a very naive people, a simple minded, easily led people who are very susceptible to the demagoguery of a good con man. There are of course many of Trumps supporters who know better, who see Trump for the lying dirt bag that he really is, who are smart enough to recognize his guilt, but you know, they go along with his lies for selfish reasons. But if you can't see by now what a lying, demagogue and wannabe dictator that Trump actually is then you're one of those naive, simple minded, easily led people who think that everyone is just out to get OMB at any cost.

      Comment


      • #33
        So, George Santos is now threatening to file ethics complaints in retaliation. Every person he threatened has basically said the same thing. He's a serial liar, not wasting my time. And, let's face it, they have a point. However, if Santos lobs accusations against the right GOP target, whos to doubt that Ox and Jim will come in and suddenly declare that THIS ONE TIME he's telling the truth.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

          Off the top of my head there's kiddie diddler Gaetz and inside trader Pelosi.
          There's a wikipedia page just filled with convictions of elected federal officials, dating back to the early 19th century. Both House and Senate. Most are for accepting bribes and/or making them.

          All of these people need to be kept on short leashes.

          ETA: Here it is. And the preamble curbs the list, which could be much broader.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes
          Last edited by Ronson; 12-03-2023, 08:33 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

            If anyone ever needed to go, it was him. And I don't think there is any real doubt he's guilty. Waiting around for the trial in this case is unnecessary and sends the wrong message.
            He almost rivals the current occupant of the White House for constantly concocting fake stories and being involved in shady activities.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              He almost rivals the current occupant of the White House for constantly concocting fake stories and being involved in shady activities.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                So, George Santos is now threatening to file ethics complaints in retaliation. Every person he threatened has basically said the same thing. He's a serial liar, not wasting my time. And, let's face it, they have a point. However, if Santos lobs accusations against the right GOP target, whos to doubt that Ox and Jim will come in and suddenly declare that THIS ONE TIME he's telling the truth.
                Just a cheep shot CD. It wouldn't happen, but the truth isnt the point, now is it? You got your little pats on the back you were looking for that go with denigrating me or jiml. So you can be happy now I guess.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

                If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

                This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                  Just a cheep shot CD. It wouldn't happen, but the truth isnt the point, now is it? You got your little pats on the back you were looking for that go with denigrating me or jiml. So you can be happy now I guess.
                  Oh, you poor little martyr, you. You'd really defend Trump if Santos lied about him? Really? Go on, pull the other leg.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                    So, George Santos is now threatening to file ethics complaints in retaliation. Every person he threatened has basically said the same thing. He's a serial liar, not wasting my time. And, let's face it, they have a point. However, if Santos lobs accusations against the right GOP target, whos to doubt that Ox and Jim will come in and suddenly declare that THIS ONE TIME he's telling the truth.
                    Because the truth isn't determined by who states it, it's determined by the evidence. I'm not sure, but I'd be willing to bet that even Trump has uttered a truth or two in his lifetime.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by JimL View Post

                      Because the truth isn't determined by who states it, it's determined by the evidence. I'm not sure, but I'd be willing to bet that even Trump has uttered a truth or two in his lifetime.
                      The problem Jim, is we aren't talking about the truth, we are talking about trustworthiness and willful gullibility.

                      To use the phrase uttered by the Fire and Fury Author, "If it rings true, it is true" the liberal version of "truthiness". Or to put it bluntly,you'll believe it because he tells you what you want to hear.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                        The problem Jim, is we aren't talking about the truth, we are talking about trustworthiness and willful gullibility.

                        To use the phrase uttered by the Fire and Fury Author, "If it rings true, it is true" the liberal version of "truthiness". Or to put it bluntly,you'll believe it because he tells you what you want to hear.
                        I don't know, maybe that's how the right wingers think i.e. if it rings true, particularly because it's what they are told is true, and what they want to be true. That's why they get everything wrong, its why they're always in denial of data and facts, its why they are so susceptible to whacky conspiracy theories. Pizza gate!, QAnon nonsense, election fraud (because they lost) they believe the nutcase liars like Giuliani, not to mention the biggest of liars, Donald (the liar)Trump, they believe the FBI incited the insurrection, that the insurrectionists were Antifa members, the Biden crime family. I mean the crazy goes on and on with them.They don't rely on actual facts or evidence, they rely on what they want to believe, and in the lies that their corrupt leaders are willing to tell them

                        If you think that I would just accept what a vengful and lying Trumpian dirt bag like Santos has to say without evidence then you got me all wrong. Not that whatever accusations he makes shouldn't be looked into, his vengeful accusations could be true, one may even believe it to be true, but when the evidence comes out, that's what ultimately determines truth or not.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          He almost rivals the current occupant of the White House for constantly concocting fake stories and being involved in shady activities.
                          Indeed, and the former one....

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            He almost rivals the current occupant of the White House for constantly concocting fake stories and being involved in shady activities.
                            I think you meant to say almost rivals" the former" occupant of the White House.
                            You Trumpsters make youselves look so brain dead when saying such stupid stuff.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by JimL View Post

                              I think you meant to say almost rivals" the former" occupant of the White House.
                              You Trumpsters make youselves look so brain dead when saying such stupid stuff.
                              Old Joe is the most blatantly corrupt president this country has ever been forced to endure, but folks like you will ignore and deny his unscrupulous dishonesty as he sells out this country for his 10% cut just because he doesn't tweet mean things.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                                Indeed, and the former one....
                                Nobody who has ever occupied the White House prior to this guy even comes remotely close. And yes I'm aware of the Grant Administration and the Teapot Dome scandal but this is worse in that the corruption unquestionably originates from the very top.

                                I'm always still in trouble again

                                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Juvenal, Today, 06:40 AM
                                2 responses
                                19 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by seer, Yesterday, 05:22 PM
                                10 responses
                                58 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by seer, 02-26-2024, 02:20 PM
                                28 responses
                                229 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Hypatia_Alexandria  
                                Started by seer, 02-26-2024, 12:29 PM
                                29 responses
                                153 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Hypatia_Alexandria  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 02-24-2024, 11:39 AM
                                61 responses
                                327 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Juvenal
                                by Juvenal
                                 
                                Working...
                                X