Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This is what fascism looks like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You wrote:

I gave you some information.
    And after you did so, I informed you that it's not the topic of this thread. That's the end of it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Whew I am safe! I don't even have a twitter or X account.

But yeah, this is a complete fishing expedition, looking for anything to hang on Trump on anyone else they want to. Normally you can only get such a subpoena for someone's social media in response to an actual law suit and you have to narrowly define what you are looking for. Not "send me everything Trump ever did or said and everything everyone ever responded to him, including their private information and metadata" -- that is overreach.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

How is Musks freedom of speech being compromised? As for the rest, they are investigating Trump not anyone else in particular, if others are found to have participated in Trumps criminal activity due to the investigation into him, that's on them.
        Liking a post on X isn't a criminal activity, allegedly. That you support a massive fishing expedition designed to chill speech is unsurprising.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Liking a post on X isn't a criminal activity, allegedly. That you support a massive fishing expedition designed to chill speech is unsurprising.
          You have to destroy democracy in order to save it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's the collection of evidence in the matter of an ongoing criminal investigation. Or are you against investigations and the collecting of evidence in an ongoing investigation into suspected criminal activity?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              You have to destroy democracy in order to save it.
              The only one trying to, and now openly admitting to their intent to destroy democracy, in order to install Autocracy is Trump, and a good portion of his new Republican party. Not to mention the Plutocrats, and the right wing think tanks that are organizing and funding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Special Counsel Jack Smith, in a search warrant sent to X, formerly Twitter, requested a vast swathe of information about the account of former President Donald J. Trump, as well as information on the millions of accounts that interacted with it — even those that liked a tweet by Trump in the timeframe of October 2020 to January 2021.

The heavily redacted search warrant requests a list of all users who liked or retweeted posts from Trump between October 2020 and January 2021, including “all associated logs and metadata,” which could cover location data. This extraordinarily expansive request would result in data on millions of American users being turned over to the DOJ.

[...]

The warrant also requests all IP addresses associated with Trump’s account, and a list of all devices used to log in to it. This means that any staffer or aide who logged into the account would have the information divulged to the special prosecutor.

All information on Trump’s “connect” and “notification” tabs was requested, as well as all search history, blocks, mutes, and even drafted tweets.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/...-donald-trump/

I'll tell you what, Joe and his cronies make the Trump administration look like Boy Scouts.
                X/Twitter initially delayed complying with the request, per the New York Post, resulting in a $350,000 fine levied against the company.

The warrant also requests all IP addresses associated with Trump’s account, and a list of all devices used to log in to it. This means that any staffer or aide who logged into the account would have the information divulged to the special prosecutor.

All information on Trump’s “connect” and “notification” tabs was requested, as well as all search history, blocks, mutes, and even drafted tweets.

The warrant instructed X/Twitter not to notify Trump of the search order. The company attempted to overcome this in court, but failed.
                I read the heavily redacted warrant. Can you point me to the part that says my liking a Trump tweet means I'll be subpoenaed?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

I read the heavily redacted warrant. Can you point me to the part that says my liking a Trump tweet means I'll be subpoenaed?
                  Since you have difficulty reading regular text:

3. All other content, recorded, and other information relating to all other interaction between the SUBJECT ACCOUNT and other Twitter users from October 2020 to January 2021, including [RAINBOW[ but not limited to [/RAINBOW]:

a. All users the SUBJECT ACCOUNT has followed, unfollowed, muted, blocked, or unblocked, and all users who have followed, unfollowed, muted, unmuted, blocked, or unblocked the SUBJECT ACCOUNT .

b. All information from the "Connect" or "Notifications" tab for the account, including all lists of Twitter users for have favorited or retweeted tweets posted by the account, as well as all tweets that include the username associated with the account (i.e., "mentions", or "replies").

Mentioning, retweeting, liking, or replying to the account would generate a notification.

In other words, tell the class you haven't read the warrant without actually saying you haven't read the warrant.
                  Last edited by Diogenes; 12-01-2023, 08:40 PM.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

It's the collection of evidence in the matter of an ongoing criminal investigation. Or are you against investigations and the collecting of evidence in an ongoing investigation into suspected criminal activity?
                    So you consider following, unfollowing, muting, unmuting, blocking, or unblocking Trump's X account criminal activity? What about liking, favoriting, or retweeting his tweets, is such activity criminal?
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

So you consider following, unfollowing, muting, unmuting, blocking, or unblocking Trump's X account criminal activity? What about liking, favoriting, or retweeting his tweets, is such activity criminal?
                      Who said any of that was criminal.

Comment

Who said any of that was criminal.
                        To wit:

It's the collection of evidence in the matter of an ongoing criminal investigation.
                        Collecting the names and metadata of people who even blocked or followed Trump would only b be "collection of evidence in the matter of an ongoing criminal investigation" would only be legitimate if blocking or following Trump was a criminal activity. Either such activity is criminal or the Smith attempting to violate the rights of millions.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                          I'm not sure what you're talking about since the lines you highlighted with rainbows don't say anything about individual users being subpoenaed. What it does say is that the Department of Injustice has requested enough information to specifically identify every single person who interacted with messages President Trump posted on Twitter.

In other words, if you even so much as liked one of Trump's Twitter posts, the Department of Injustice knows who you are and where you live, and they're going to be keeping a close eye on you!

Comment

I'm not sure what you're talking about since the lines you highlighted with rainbows don't say anything about individual users being subpoenaed. What it does say is that the Department of Injustice has requested enough information to specifically identify every single person who interacted with messages President Trump posted on Twitter.

In other words, if you even so much as liked one of Trump's Twitter posts, the Department of Injustice knows who you are and where you live, and they're going to be keeping a close eye on you!
                            I am gonna give the DOJ a list of everyone on tweb who mentioned Trump! Unless you bribe me not to with lots of bacon and rum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I am gonna give the DOJ a list of everyone on tweb who mentioned Trump! Unless you bribe me not to with lots of bacon and rum.
                              They probably have it and are looking into oxmixmudd and JimL as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

They probably have it and are looking into oxmixmudd and JimL as we speak.

If anything, folks like Jimmy and ox will be praised for their "loyalty" and asked to report any subversive elements (meaning Christian conservatives) that might pose a threat to the peace and safety of the country. After all, we can't have anybody voting for Trump, or opposing abortion, or attending school board meetings to object to their children being groomed in the classroom.

Comment