Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

$15/hr Min Wage - We told you so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I converted it to American dollars. It was a 113kr/hr if you want it in Danish Crowns instead.

And a quarter pounder menu is 64kr (9,62$).

A Big Mac is 30kr (4.51$)
    The Big mac seem cheaper than the US but the quarter pounder meal is way more expensive. That is interesting.

Probably due to exchange rate. Makes these kinds of comparisons hard to make. It also depends on the cost of living in the economy of the location of the McDonalds. In Hollywood California I believe they pay a lot more than in Booneyville, Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The Big mac seem cheaper than the US but the quarter pounder meal is way more expensive. That is interesting.

Probably due to exchange rate. Makes these kinds of comparisons hard to make. It also depends on the cost of living in the economy of the location of the McDonalds. In Hollywood California I believe they pay a lot more than in Booneyville, Alabama.
      We were astounded when we were in Israel that our Big Mac / Quarter Pounder meals cost a total of $37.00!!!! (just 2 sandwiches, fries and cokes)

(We had to eat "American" just once, and WOW)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I think it's good that McD is a little bit pricey. It's not good to eat on an everyday basis.

Comment

I think it's good that McD is a little bit pricey. It's not good to eat on an everyday basis.
          I "need" a quarter pounder about once a quarter.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I "need" a quarter pounder about once a quarter.
            Eh...I prefer Whataburger, Braum's or even Sonic, WAY before Mickey D's...
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• I'm not a snob about McD, I've always enjoyed their burgers. There's another burger place nearby serving flamegrilled burgers, but they have quite a waiting period as the line is long so sometimes I just go for McD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                Five Guys, Booby's or even Wendy's for that matter. And that's only fast food joints. I prefer thicker burgers so that I can get them Medium Rare rather than Medium Well to Well Done so I usually get my burgers elsewhere.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Well, YEAH! And I miss Mmmmmel Tttttttttillis pitching Whataburger!

Comment

I think it's good that McD is a little bit pricey. It's not good to eat on an everyday basis.
                    It's not even good to eat on an occasional basis.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      It's not even good to eat on an occasional basis.
                      I have a thing for their cheeseburgers and their Big Mac. Though I do prefer a good frame grilled burger.

Comment

I have a thing for their cheeseburgers and their Big Mac. Though I do prefer a good frame grilled burger.
                        I will occasionally get a Big Mac, and dump the middle bread - simply don't need that much bread.
                        And a Whopper from Burger King will do in a pinch for a flame broiled burger, but I prefer broiling my own at home.

Comment

A frame grilled burger? Is that a burger grilled over a burning piece of art or something?

Comment