Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

2 guards charge gay discrimination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
    Most people in my country do not have any problem with transgerder. Many even watch gay pageant (or sitio's even towns sponsor gay pageants).

When I hear news like this i shake my head in disbelief. And then i realise, this is the effect of "first world (civilised)" country have been discussing (pushing) in their media. Trying to create a "crisis" where there is none.
    Yup. If there truly is a crisis in the West more fictional than the "War on Women", it's the "War on Gays".

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
    Manila - Two security guards are facing charges for stopping a transgender from using the women's toilet.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/20...discrimination

This is not the West!!!! The West culture is starting to creep near me.

Sarcasm on. - i am happy for the progress one of the city in my country in doing.
    Be aware that this progress did come from the progressives:

Originally posted by Mencius Moldbug
    Across most of the Third World, however, we see a very simple transition: from the traditional forms of government and tribal leaders whom the British, French, Rhodesians, etc, supported at a local or even regional level in the policy of indirect rule, to a new elite selected and educated in Western missions, schools and universities. In Africa these men are called the wa-Benzi - "wa" is the Swahili prefix for "tribe," and I think "Benzi" speaks for itself.

Moreover, the rhetoric of tiers-mondisme is and was almost the same everywhere. If Algeria and Vietnam were truly growing up and following their own destinies, you might think the former would be ruled by a Dey and the latter by emperors and mandarins. You'd certainly be surprised to find that they both had an organization called the "National Liberation Front."

And finally, perhaps the subtlest aspect of dependency is power dependency. To whom did this rash of fresh presidents, congresses and liberation fronts owe its existence? Where, exactly, did Macmillan's Wind of Change blow from? For that matter, who cares about all these people now? Why does a vast river of cash still flow from European and American taxpayers to these weird, camo-bedecked, mirrorshaded thugs?

Well, one theory is that the brave liberation fronts seized power through their own military prowess. Or the unquenchable anger of the people at foreign domination, which could no longer be repressed. Or the fiery will of the workers, which blazed out once too often. Or the shining light of education, which brought the dream of democracy to our little brown brothers. Or... I'm afraid Professor Frankfort has taught us much on this subject.

In fact you'll see that in pretty much every case, including some that may surprise you (here's a great primary source) the liberation fronts achieved power because they had powerful friends. Sometimes the friends were in Paris, sometimes they were in London, sometimes they were even in Moscow. But for the most part they were in New York and Washington. (There's an excellent new film on this subject - from Barbet Schroeder, the man who gave us General Idi Amin Dada, reality's answer to Forest Whitaker. It's called Terror's Advocate, and you gotta see it.)

Once again: if this is "independence," I'm a three-eyed donkey. Note that the English language has a perfectly good word for a regime which appears to be independent, but in reality is dependent. It starts with "p" and rhymes with "muppet." In fact, perhaps this is a good term for the post-1945 postcolonial regimes.
    Western homophilia is merely the latest pet project of the internationalists.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
    KG was wearing a kilt at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
    The hairy legs gave him away.

As his wife I find this highly entertaining. Please carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Pinoy
    replied
    Most people in my country do not have any problem with transgerder. Many even watch gay pageant (or sitio's even towns sponsor gay pageants).

When I hear news like this i shake my head in disbelief. And then i realise, this is the effect of "first world (civilised)" country have been discussing (pushing) in their media. Trying to create a "crisis" where there is none.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 03-28-2014, 11:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    replied
    The hairy legs gave him away.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Years ago, I used to work at Wal-Mart. We had a spill up front and in full view of my manager and tons of customers, I blindly dashed into the nearest restroom to grab paper towels.

You can see where this is going.
    Was anybody in there to...um, correct you?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    No true Scotsman!

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    replied
    KG was wearing a kilt at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You forgot to look for the sign that did NOT have a skirt on the stick figure?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Years ago, I used to work at Wal-Mart. We had a spill up front and in full view of my manager and tons of customers, I blindly dashed into the nearest restroom to grab paper towels.

You can see where this is going.

Leave a comment:

• Pinoy
    started a topic 2 guards charge gay discrimination

2 guards charge gay discrimination

Manila - Two security guards are facing charges for stopping a transgender from using the women's toilet.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/20...discrimination

This is not the West!!!! The West culture is starting to creep near me.

Sarcasm on. - i am happy for the progress one of the city in my country in doing.