Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Finally! Proof That God Does Not Exist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! Proof That God Does Not Exist!

At least I can sleep late on Sunday mornings now! What a moron...

Megan Rapinoe says championship injury 'proof' there isn't a god

In the post-match press conference, Rapinoe said she was going to get the "Aaron Rodgers treatment" to try and recover from the injury. She said she’d reach out to him or whoever did his surgery.

"I’m not a religious person or anything and if there was a god, like, this is proof that there isn’t," Rapinoe said. "This is f---ed up. It’s just f---ed up. Six minutes in and I eat my Achilles."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/megan...there-isnt-god
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I suggest just laughing it off, like she did her pathetic missed penalty kick that cost her team the championship and ended the U.S. Women's soccer team's reign, and relax as they replace her with a guy named Mike or Steve who wants to be called Shirley now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I suggest just laughing it off, like she did her pathetic missed penalty kick that cost her team the championship and ended the U.S. Women's soccer team's reign, and relax as they replace her with a guy named Mike or Steve who wants to be called Shirley now.
      That would be rich!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

That would be rich!
        Given her support for men competing in women's sports it would be karma.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

More soccer news:

Former USWNT star Carli Lloyd admits losing to under-15 boys team: 'Yes, it’s true'

This has been known since 2017:

FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage

Women also get paid more in percentage than the men soccer players yet they still complain.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Given her support for men competing in women's sports it would be karma.
            Didn't her team already get beaten by a boys league in an exhibition game?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's pretty egotistical of her, thinking that God wouldn't let her get injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                That's pretty egotistical of her, thinking that God wouldn't let her get injured.
                She is completely self-centered. She messes up her Achilles and that is proof that God doesn't exist. Not kids with cancer, but her injury...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Funny how she doesn't thank God for her years of success, only bitterly complains when he doesn't stop her from being injured.

Comment

A lot of people cheered when you blew the penalty kick as well.

Comment

A lot of people cheered when you blew the penalty kick as well.

Comment

At least I can sleep late on Sunday mornings now! What a moron...
                        Yes, she’s a mental midget. Associating sports with God is a bad idea all around. Consider the pregame prayer, which suggests the divine realm intercedes in sporting victories.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Yes, she’s a mental midget. Associating sports with God is a bad idea all around. Consider the pregame prayer, which suggests the divine realm intercedes in sporting victories.
                          I have been around a lot of pregame prayers - I never heard one asking for a win (though I'm sure that is possible) they are mostly for the protection of players.

For instance:

Coach’s Prayer for Players

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for each and every player on this team. Thank You for the gifts that You have given them. I pray that they would exercise those gifts today with great skill. Give them speed, smarts, and above all, safety. Keep each and every one of them from injury. Thank You, Lord, that they get to play this game today. Amen.

Player’s Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that today You would keep me and everyone on this field safe from harm or injury. I have come here to glorify You by playing for You. As I run and tackle and block, keep me from losing my temper. Help my opponents to stop when the whistle blows. Lord, I pray for a fair game. I pray against broken legs and torn ligaments. Keep me safe and secure in the palm of Your hand. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
                          Last edited by seer; 11-15-2023, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I have been around a lot of pregame prayers - I never heard one asking for a win (though I'm sure that is possible) they are mostly for the protection of players.

For instance:

Coach’s Prayer for Players

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for each and every player on this team. Thank You for the gifts that You have given them. I pray that they would exercise those gifts today with great skill. Give them speed, smarts, and above all, safety. Keep each and every one of them from injury. Thank You, Lord, that they get to play this game today. Amen.

Player’s Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that today You would keep me and everyone on this field safe from harm or injury. I have come here to glorify You by playing for You. As I run and tackle and block, keep me from losing my temper. Help my opponents to stop when the whistle blows. Lord, I pray for a fair game. I pray against broken legs and torn ligaments. Keep me safe and secure in the palm of Your hand. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
                            Reminds me of what a football player from my college once said: "If Jesus were a football player, he'd play fair, he'd play clean, and he'd put the guy across the line on his butt."

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

I've no problem with such prayers because they often aren't praying for victory but rather more for nobody getting hurt. What has always bugged me are players and coaches who, after a win, come out and credit God for the victory.

Personally, I doubt God was all that concerned if team A or team B won a particular game. And they never came out after losing and said it was because God wanted them to lose.

Comment