Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Camp of the Saints II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp of the Saints II

I'd like to recommend Camp of the Saints if you're interested in some counter-cultural reading.
    It is a vicious, no-holds-barred defense of the West from a Frenchman who wants everyone else to stay off his lawn.
    This is a book worth reading just to expose yourself to a wildly different perspective.

The book is about a fleet of a million refugees sailing from India to the southern shore of France.
    The refugees are unarmed and desperately poor - and the West simply surrenders because of the cost that comes with opposing 'victims'.
    It is the author's opinion that the West no longer has a will to survive - self defense and civic pride are gone.

The book was written in 1975.

I'd like to ask this forum the central question of the book:

If a fleet of ships carrying 1,000,000 unarmed men, women and children left India and headed towards your shores what do you think the appropriate response should be for your nation?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

I'm having trouble imagining a ship that can carry 1 million people and not either sink or be too high tech and expensive for 1 million poor indians to hold.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post

If a fleet of ships carrying 1,000,000 unarmed men, women and children left India and headed towards your shores what do you think the appropriate response should be for your nation?
      I wouldn't have a problem, a million Indians (assuming that they were not Muslim) would be fairly easily absorbed. I have worked with a number of Hindus and they fit in rather well. Hard workers too.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Darth and seer,
        I've a special project for you: Please move to the back of the room and look at these picture books.
        At the end of class be ready to give a 1 minute presentation on which picture you like the very bestest!

Thanks,
        Meh Gerbil
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I wouldn't have a problem, a million Indians (assuming that they were not Muslim) would be fairly easily absorbed. I have worked with a number of Hindus and they fit in rather well. Hard workers too.
          The idea is that these aren't people interested in 'fitting in'.
          It is a full scale non-violent invasion.

Comment

Of course they will fit in - as soon as they see the free cocaine, girls and cash!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              I'm having trouble imagining a ship that can carry 1 million people and not either sink or be too high tech and expensive for 1 million poor indians to hold.
              Not sure where your idea that it's just one ship came from. However, America is relatively safe from such a hypothesis because of the relative difficulty of getting that many people this far in anything remotely seaworthy. Heck, it's difficult enough just getting people across a short stretch of the Mediterranean (now reading The Lightless Sky).

Contrary to seer's blithe response, it would not be easy to absorb a million of anybody all at once - even hardworking people who speak the same language. It would be a huge strain on any country's resources.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Not sure where your idea that it's just one ship came from. However, America is relatively safe from such a hypothesis because of the relative difficulty of getting that many people this far in anything remotely seaworthy. Heck, it's difficult enough just getting people across a short stretch of the Mediterranean (now reading The Lightless Sky).

Contrary to seer's blithe response, it would not be easy to absorb a million of anybody all at once - even hardworking people who speak the same language. It would be a huge strain on any country's resources.
                In the book the fleet gets very close to Egypt so they send out a single 25 year old war boat and get the entire fleet to turn around.
                It is meant to emphasize the little effort that the west is willing to expend to defend itself.

The dilemma is: Do you allow these people to destroy your country (culture) or do you blow them out of the sea?

The idea is that the west may have lost a sense of self-preservation in the pursuit of multi-culturalism.
                Maybe we don't understand that while all people may be equal that all cultures are not, and that some are very destructive.

Comment

The ideas is that the west may have lost a sense of self-preservation in the name of multi-culturalism.
                  tenor.gif

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Not sure where your idea that it's just one ship came from.
                    Not sure if I misread the OP or if gerbil edited it. I myself prefer the hypothesis that absolves me of any possible error in this scenario.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

If it's a fleet then it's easy to just sink ships until they get the hint and turn back.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        The average Indian that makes it to the US or Canada is not even remotely representative of the general population (this is true of immigrants in general).

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          The average Indian that makes it to the US or Canada is not even remotely representative of the general population (this is true of immigrants in general).
                          Most people in those countries are too poor to travel to the next city, much less the other side of the planet.
                          We're getting the relatively rich/educated immigrants - which actually hurts the home country.

Comment

Tow them, all the way to Kiwiland!
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

What is answer of yours?
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment