Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Found Liable For Real Estate Fraud; Business Certificates Dissolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
    As was made clear in court, Carroll met the burden of proof for rape in the general usage of the term but, because of how the particularly law is worded and defined through case law, was awarded damages for digital penetration but not penile penetration. If you want to quibble about whether Trump "really raped" Carroll with his fingers or his penis, you'll have to find a person with a stronger stomach and less personal esteem.
    Carroll claimed rape, clearly meaning penile penetration, but the jury obviously did not find her accusation to be credible, and so the verdict should have been not guilty. But being a stacked jury in the state of New York, they instead pivoted to a verdict of sexual assault despite there being no more evidence to prove it than there was to prove rape. It was a clear miscarriage of justice.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Carroll claimed rape, clearly meaning penile penetration, but the jury obviously did not find her accusation to be credible, and so the verdict should have been not guilty. But being a stacked jury in the state of New York, they instead pivoted to a verdict of sexual assault despite there being no more evidence to prove it than there was to prove rape. It was a clear miscarriage of justice.
      Not just the by the jury, but by the judge in the defamation lawsuit as well. The Let's war are words extended to rape prior to the case as the APA changed the definition and the way only how the FBI summarized crime reports changed as well, both cited by the judge. Also, the judge allowed testimony from 1978 & 1979 in case about an alleged assaults' in 1995 happening in 2023 under an ex post fact law. The idea that their isn't bias against Trump is ludicrous.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Correction he was adjudicated not liable for rape but was held liable for his sexual assault. Evidentiary requirements, etc. are different for civil matters.

Where is your evidence of a stacked jury?

And what does it being New York have to do with anything?

Comment

Carroll testified to both digital and penile rape, the one following the other in the same incident. Due to the nature of the relevant law's interpretation, the jury found a claim of sexual assault to be judiciable but a claim of rape to be not judiciable. The prior and subsequent explanation of the law from the bench, however, gave no quarter to the notion that was was being adjudicated was anything less than forcible rape.

I do not care about your interpretation of this matter; I find the revisionism and quibbling abominable. The record has been corrected and that's the extent of my interest in the banter.

-Sam
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well apparently it is contested since all of you keep arguing about it. And the reporters are all biased one way or the other too. Liberals reporters tell how Trump ranted on the stand and had to be shut up. Conservative reporters tell how Trump stood up to the Judge and Prosecution and would not let them railroad him
            This is a court of law not a boxing ring.

You don't get to "stand up" to a judge as a defendant. That's the job of your lawyers.

there's no disagreement between the reporters on the facts. Merely in the framing. And the right wants to (ironically given their "just do what the cop says and follow orders" take they have on police) paintbhim as some sort of martyr standing up to an evil system. When in reality he's just being a bully like he always is, and got slapped down rightly in a place where he has no right to behave in that manner

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

So are you saying that there is no bias in the judiciary? Or only that there is no bias against prominent people on the right?
              You are taking an extreme position as to what may be bias in the Judicial system which is not realistic, The accusation is that in the conspiracies is that the Judicial system is biased against Trump, which is not true. You would have to demonstrate that Trump is not guilty and the bias led to his conviction and the previous court cases he lost. There will be more.

It is overwhelming documented that Trump, his family and companies committed tax fraud against the State of New York.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

shuny is our resident qanon expert. He seems to know more about it than anybody else on the forum.
                Expertise is not necessary, but denial that QAnon represents a significant force i the Republican Party by many in the forum is obvious. I previous cited references documenting the popularity of QAnon in the Republic Party, and all I heard was crickets.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Repeated use of the phrase "conspiracy theory" neither makes it true and it waters down the word.

Fin
                  No, but the evidence does. Remember your post. Trump was convicted in the Judicial system, not the Democratic Party. Your proposing a conspiracy that the Democratic Party influenced the conviction ot Trump as in your post: Meh. Given how much Trump has been targeted *even during his campaign*, who knows. I wouldn't put the accusations past Trump but I wouldn't put it past Democrats to systematically target Trump into oblivion.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

You are taking an extreme position as to what may be bias in the Judicial system which is not realistic, The accusation is that in the conspiracies is that the Judicial system is biased against Trump, which is not true. You would have to demonstrate that Trump is not guilty and the bias led to his conviction and the previous court cases he lost. There will be more.
                    QAnon says the entire judicial system is biased against conservatives, not just Trump.

It is overwhelming documented that Trump, his family and companies committed tax fraud against the State of New York.
                    Time will tell.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

QAnon says the entire judicial system is biased against conservatives, not just Trump.
                      True, but that fits your statements and those by Diogenes as a conspiracy between the Democratic Party and the Judicial system, and by the way the QAnon position is dominant in the Republican Party,

Time will tell.
                      Dodge, what is the evidence.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Carroll testified to both digital and penile rape, the one following the other in the same incident. Due to the nature of the relevant law's interpretation, the jury found a claim of sexual assault to be judiciable but a claim of rape to be not judiciable. The prior and subsequent explanation of the law from the bench, however, gave no quarter to the notion that was was being adjudicated was anything less than forcible rape.

I do not care about your interpretation of this matter; I find the revisionism and quibbling abominable. The record has been corrected and that's the extent of my interest in the banter.

-Sam
                        You are exactly right, the jury was not consistent in its ruling, because the charge of rape and the charge of sexual assault were supported by the same evidence, which is to say none. That the verdict was allowed to stand despite being blatantly contradictory shows just how corrupt our judicial system has become in the hands of liberals, and we're seeing that same corruption rear its ugly head again in the real estate case, where a clearly biased judge is throwing temper tantrums, pounding on the table, and refusing to allow the defendant to deliver exculpatory expert testimony.
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-09-2023, 11:48 AM.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

This is a court of law not a boxing ring.

You don't get to "stand up" to a judge as a defendant. That's the job of your lawyers.

there's no disagreement between the reporters on the facts. Merely in the framing. And the right wants to (ironically given their "just do what the cop says and follow orders" take they have on police) paintbhim as some sort of martyr standing up to an evil system. When in reality he's just being a bully like he always is, and got slapped down rightly in a place where he has no right to behave in that manner
                          You and Sam are proving what I said is accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

True, but that fits your statements and those by Diogenes as a conspiracy between the Democratic Party and the Judicial system, and by the way the QAnon position is dominant in the Republican Party,
                            You don't seem to know what QAnon is even claiming Frank... They do not say that the ENTIRE judicial system is rigged by the Democrats, just that people like Letitia James shop judges to find one who is sympathetic to her far-left bias, and then that bias directly influences their decisions.

Dodge, what is the evidence.
                            All I said was that time will tell if they are ultimately guilty after appeals. You don't seem to be a big fan of our judicial system's "innocent until proven guilty" mantra...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You and Sam are proving what I said is accurate.
                              Your argument seemed to entail not having direct access to the testimony and not being able to trust reporters. Gondwanaland and I are saying that none of the reporters are disputing the facts or nature of the altercation: Trump was failing to answer questions directly or restrain himself to relevant testimony, the judge admonished him, Trump's lawyers objected and argued that the judge is here to listen to what Trump has to say, the judge pounded the table and yelled at the lawyers.

-Sam
                              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Well, he is naked. The man obviously has nothing on behind the phone. It is a different point whether or not everything is visible.

At any rate, I was told these pics were going to his old high school for current students - as well as former ones. If that is not the case, then I will retract my objection (but he's still naked).
                                Indeed, poor judgement. Not a pretty sight.

Comment