Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump urge James Comey to drop Michael Flynn investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    It should be, yes. It's not as if Republicans are very good at marching in lock-step, though.

I agree with Cow Poke on this (don't tell him I said that) - Hillary lost, and we seem to have gotten a decent SC judge on the bench to replace Scalia. Other than that, Trump's not inspiring a whole lot of confidence.
    Umm could that be because he sucks at being POTUS and has no clue what the job entails?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
      Well, when you have the entire congress behind you

Which Trump doesn't have.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Other than that, Trump's not inspiring a whole lot of confidence.
        Trump has done about as okay as anyone can with little support, while fighting against

a) 2-in-1 party of Reps and Dems
        b) lib judges
        c) fake news mainsteam media
        d) yuuuge part of bureaucracy
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Trump has done about as okay as anyone can with little support, while fighting against

a) 2-in-1 party of Reps and Dems
          b) lib judges
          c) fake news mainsteam media
          d) yuuuge part of bureaucracy
          Those certainly don't help, but a fair amount of the chaos is of his own making.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Those certainly don't help, but a fair amount of the chaos is of his own making.
            And he would probably have more support if anyone could trust him.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I think, at this point, he's clearly his own worst enemy.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Indeed. This is why the liberals (including the brazenly anti-Trump MSM) is being incredibly foolish with their rabid insistence in trying to turn any and everything he does into something coming close to, or an outright, impeachment worthy event (such as the two scoops of ice cream kerfuffle). And if they cannot find anything then simply concocting something to attack him over (like the fake story about Trump ordering the bust of MLK removed from the Oval Office. Trump is capable of providing enough legitimate material to criticize without losing any remaining credibility grossly exaggerating everything or outright lying.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Indeed. This is why the liberals (including the brazenly anti-Trump MSM) is being incredibly foolish with their rabid insistence in trying to turn any and everything he does into something coming close to, or an outright, impeachment worthy event (such as the two scoops of ice cream kerfuffle). And if they cannot find anything then simply concocting something to attack him over (like the fake story about Trump ordering the bust of MLK removed from the Oval Office. Trump is capable of providing enough legitimate material to criticize without losing any remaining credibility grossly exaggerating everything or outright lying.
                  In my experience this is just how people are politically today.

When Clinton was in office he committed one of the worst war crimes of any president with his bombing of Sudan, he screwed-up on Bin Laden, ruined the lives of countless people with mandatory sentencing, and was in bed with big business and big defense that was unprecedented at that point. There were plenty of crimes he was guilty of without the side-show that was his sexual affairs, or the other nonsense wingers talked about.

It happened to Bush, it happened to Obama, and it's now happening to Trump.

People are petty in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                    In my experience this is just how people are politically today.

When Clinton was in office he committed one of the worst war crimes of any president with his bombing of Sudan, he screwed-up on Bin Laden, ruined the lives of countless people with mandatory sentencing, and was in bed with big business and big defense that was unprecedented at that point. There were plenty of crimes he was guilty of without the side-show that was his sexual affairs, or the other nonsense wingers talked about.

It happened to Bush, it happened to Obama, and it's now happening to Trump.

People are petty in politics.
                    What's happening to Trump is orders of magnitude greater than anything that's happened any time in at least the last couple decades.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I would prefer Pence. Not too much of a fan but Pence is much better and more qualified.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        I would prefer Pence. Not too much of a fan but Pence is much better and more qualified.
                        I kind of hope Pence gets it.
                        Then when the press/DNC/RNC lie to sabotage him we'll all learn how propaganda works.

Once we've got all the conservatives on board with understanding the nature of the enemy only then will we be able to ignore the baboons and do the right thing.
                        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

What's happening to Trump is orders of magnitude greater than anything that's happened any time in at least the last couple decades.
                          This is why the just released Harvard study concerning the news coverage of Trumps first 100 days shows a virtually continuous negative onslaught concluding "Trump’s coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity."

0000000000000cgmb.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            I think that over half of those here at Tweb who voted for Trump (or like myself against Hillary) would not be unhappy with Pence replacing Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I think that over half of those here at Tweb who voted for Trump (or like myself against Hillary) would not be unhappy with Pence replacing Trump.
                              Only "over half"?

(but, 99.9% is, indeed "over half")
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment