Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump urge James Comey to drop Michael Flynn investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Trump urge James Comey to drop Michael Flynn investigation

Interesting news: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-house-denial

It is going to be interesting to see what happens next in this particular case. Lots of different claims and interests. Of course, some of you allready know the "truth" that this is fake news, that New York Times is not credible and so on. For the rest of us... Interesting.
    Last edited by Charles; 05-17-2017, 03:32 AM.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Interesting news: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-house-denial

It is going to be interesting to see what happens next in this particular case. Lots of different claims and interests. Of course, some of you allready know the "truth" that this is fake news, that New York Times is not credible and so on. For the rest of us... Interesting.
    Again anonymous sources. But it is possible that Trump wanted to get his buddy off the hook. Does that rise to obstruction of justice? If it did, Comey, by law, was required to report it immediately. So I suspect that Comey did not see it as obstruction.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Again anonymous sources. But it is possible that Trump wanted to get his buddy off the hook. Does that rise to obstruction of justice? If it did, Comey, by law, was required to report it immediately. So I suspect that Comey did not see it as obstruction.
      Interesting point.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I just wish the libs hated the terrorists as much as they hate Trump.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          They literally see Trump as a bigger threat to their agenda...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I honestly don't see Trump making it to the end of his term.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
              Most of us like Pence anyway - he is actually more conservative than Trump. But there is nothing impeachable here...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Most of us like Pence anyway - he is actually more conservative than Trump. But there is nothing impeachable here...
                For now.

Comment

I could see him quitting after getting tired of the whole ordeal.

<Trump>
                  You just cannot work with those people. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.
                  </Trump>
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                    I could see him quitting after getting tired of the whole ordeal.

<Trump>
                    You just cannot work with those people. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.
                    </Trump>
                    I just want Trump to hang on for two years, so Pence could get elected twice in his own right.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I just want Trump to hang on for two years, so Pence could get elected twice in his own right.
                      Funny, I was just thinking that this morning.

Comment

That's entirely possible, but his SCOTUS pick is still there, and Hillary is still sulking.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          At some point, it starts to sound like crying wolf.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            At some point, it starts to sound like crying.
                            Fixed it for you.
                            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

A clear double standard?

Up until now, veiled orders have not been thought the equivalent of obstruction.

On April 10, 2016, President Obama publicly stated that Hillary Clinton had shown “carelessness” in using a private e-mail server to handle classified information, but he insisted that she had not intended to endanger national security (which is not an element of the relevant criminal statute). The president acknowledged that classified information had been transmitted via Secretary Clinton’s server, but he suggested that, in the greater scheme of things, its importance had been vastly overstated.

On July 5, 2016, FBI director James Comey publicly stated that Clinton had been “extremely careless” in using a private email server to handle classified information, but he insisted that she had not intended to endanger national security (which is not an element of the relevant criminal statute). The director acknowledged that classified information had been transmitted via Secretary Clinton’s server, but he suggested that, in the greater scheme of things, it was just a small percentage of the emails involved. Case dismissed.

Could there be more striking parallels? A cynic might say that Obama had clearly signaled to the FBI and the Justice Department that he did not want Mrs. Clinton to be charged with a crime, and that, with this not-so-subtle pressure in the air, the president’s subordinates dropped the case — exactly what Obama wanted, relying precisely on Obama’s stated rationale. Yet the media yawned.

Of course, they’re not yawning now. Now it is Donald Trump, not Barack Obama, sending Comey signals. So now, such signals are a major issue — not merely of obstruction of justice, but of high crimes and misdemeanors.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...s-comey-russia

Comment