Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

When libs wanted Comey gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When libs wanted Comey gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMTS...ature=youtu.be

Spin, libs, spin!!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Stephen Colbert on his show last night mentioned Comey's firing, and the audience cheered, so he chided them for being Trump supporters. It was probably a scripted joke, but it does illustrate how double-minded liberals are on this issue.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Stephen Colbert on his show last night mentioned Comey's firing, and the audience cheered, so he chided them for being Trump supporters. It was probably a scripted joke, but it does illustrate how double-minded liberals are on this issue.
      I think hotair has the good take on that:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/1...g-comey-fired/

"this is funnier when you realize that the liberals who stand in line for tickets to this show doubtless see themselves as better informed and more politically savvy than the average benighted American. How could they not be? They watch Colbert.

He does his best to play off the reaction, joking that there must be a lot of Trump fans in the crowd. Not true. It’s just that low-information Democrats have spent the past seven months being told that Comey cost them the election and reacted accordingly upon learning of his misfortune. The point of these late-night shows is to immolate the left’s villain du jour, after all; Colbert mentioned a recurring villain du jour, so they responded in the way they’ve been trained. It’s a Two Minutes Hate with laugh lines. The problem in this case is that Comey is now suddenly a martyr to anti-Trumpers, not a villain: The president firing the guy who’s investigating whether some of his campaign staffers had ties to Russian intelligence is … problematic. Colbert understood that. The dimmer bulbs who adore him needed a minute to piece it together."
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          I think hotair has the good take on that:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/1...g-comey-fired/

"this is funnier when you realize that the liberals who stand in line for tickets to this show doubtless see themselves as better informed and more politically savvy than the average benighted American. How could they not be? They watch Colbert.

He does his best to play off the reaction, joking that there must be a lot of Trump fans in the crowd. Not true. It’s just that low-information Democrats have spent the past seven months being told that Comey cost them the election and reacted accordingly upon learning of his misfortune. The point of these late-night shows is to immolate the left’s villain du jour, after all; Colbert mentioned a recurring villain du jour, so they responded in the way they’ve been trained. It’s a Two Minutes Hate with laugh lines. The problem in this case is that Comey is now suddenly a martyr to anti-Trumpers, not a villain: The president firing the guy who’s investigating whether some of his campaign staffers had ties to Russian intelligence is … problematic. Colbert understood that. The dimmer bulbs who adore him needed a minute to piece it together."
          I'm too cynical to believe that this was a genuinely spontaneous moment. These shows are scripted and rehearsed and polished long before the record button is pressed, and it's rare for anything to happen that wasn't planned and expected -- and if anything unexpected does happen, well, that's what retakes and editing are for. I suspect the audience was responding to prompting from the show producers in order to set-up Colbert's one-liner about them being Trump supporters, but it still serves to illustrate the waffling from the left.

Comment

Are you knuckleheads unable to recognize the difference between firing someone for interfering in an election and firing someone for investigating corruption?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
              Are you knuckleheads unable to recognize the difference between firing someone for interfering in an election and firing someone for investigating corruption?
              Comey wasn't investigating corruption, he was investing a lie democrats concocted to avoid having to explain to their base why they cheated bernie out of the nomination for the sake of a loser incompetent woman.

As it stands all comey had done on the "investigation" is confirm what we already know, which is that the whole thing is a farce. The idea that Trump would fire him over that is knee slappingly funny.

I'm also not sure what right you even have to complain about "interfering in an election" when Barack Obama is cutting ads for other countries' presidential nominees without so much as a whisper from you and the rest of the libdiot brigade. Apparently "interfering in an election" is only a problem when Putin reveals the DNC was trying to screw over bernie sanders, or when Comey informs the public that he will not push to prosecute a Clinton for her serial lawbreaking.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

good point.

Liberals, why are you not upset with Obama blatantly interfering with France's election?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  good point.

Liberals, why are you not upset with Obama blatantly interfering with France's election?
                  Or Israel's election...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Or Israel's election...
                    well the liberals DID make a big fuss about the Russians interfering with France's election by releasing some emails (at least they claimed the Russians did it) but they did not say a word about Obama openly trying to influence the election himself.

Another case of liberal "tolerance"

Comment

How about firing someone who proved himself to be unsuited for the job of Director of the FBI? Is that OK? Heck, even The New York Times made a solid case for firing Comey. Oh, but that was last month. Apparently this month Comey is suddenly an unimpeachable hero to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        How about firing someone who proved himself to be unsuited for the job of Director of the FBI? Is that OK? Heck, even The New York Times made a solid case for firing Comey. Oh, but that was last month. Apparently this month Comey is suddenly an unimpeachable hero to the left.
                        "The left" doesn't consider him a hero, we just don't like it when a person investigating corruption is fired by someone because they may be implicated. It really can't be that justice is a concept unique to liberals.

Comment

"The left" doesn't consider him a hero, we just don't like it when a person investigating corruption is fired by someone because they may be implicated. It really can't be that justice is a concept unique to liberals.
                          It think it is odd that there would be an investigation when several people in the know have declared that there is no evidence.
                          Usually there is evidence of some sort of a crime (a body, a pkg of coke, missing funds, a witness) which leads to an investigation.

I'm not aware of any other situation where a formal investigation has been convened with absolutely no evidence being present.
                          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                            It think it is odd that there would be an investigation when several people in the know have declared that there is no evidence.
                            Usually there is evidence of some sort of a crime (a body, a pkg of coke, missing funds, a witness) which leads to an investigation.

I'm not aware of any other situation where a formal investigation has been convened with absolutely no evidence being present.
                            I think I'll skip the inevitable book and just watch the documentary.

Comment

I think I'll skip the inevitable book and just watch the documentary.
                              Who do you see in the lead role?
                              If you say 'Nicholas Cage' then I'll be reading the book.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment