Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ukrainian Nazis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    There are certainly a few far right and far left NeoNazis in Ukraine (which is a little understandable given their history, TBH) - something the US is certainly no stranger to either.

Meanwhile:
    https://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/arti...y-of-neo-nazis

But then we both know you don't actually give a damn about anything other than supporting Russia's atrocities, and couldn't give two farts in reality about Nazis/Neo-Nazis.
    I read up to this point and stopped reading...

Some have pointed out the far right received only 2% of the vote in Ukraine’s 2019 parliamentary elections, far less than in most of Europe. Others have drawn attention to Ukraine’s Jewish president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and the efforts of the Ukrainian state to protect minorities like Crimean Tatars and LGBTQ+ people, who are subject to brutal persecution in Russia.

What has received less coverage is the Putin regime’s own record of collaboration with far-right extremists. Even as Russian diplomats condemned “fascists” in the Baltic states and Kremlin propagandists railed against imaginary “Ukronazis” in power in Kyiv, the Russian state was cultivating its own homegrown Nazis.

Your source sounds like typical leftist "nazi" drivel you hear thrown around here in the west against "far right" conservatives by leftists because of their views against LGBTQ. But I'm not surprised you would quote that type of drivel because of how you seem to reach for anything to shill for the Pentagon on this subject.

Comment

It seems Gond likes the taste of Nazi boots.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I read up to this point and stopped reading...
        No surprise there, wouldn't want to read anything that offends your delicate sensibilities

Comment

No surprise there, wouldn't want to read anything that offends your delicate sensibilities
          Your article looks like lefist drivel, and your whataboutism is just lame anyway because I don't doubt for a minute Russia has neo-nazis, nor is anyone denying it and calling it "Zelensky propaganda." I would guess most Northern Eurasian countries post-world war have nazis, though I doubt they display the nazi gestures and insignia as overtly as they do in Ukraine even when they're directly serving under its government.

Comment

Your article looks like lefist drivel,
            Says the person who literally admitted they did not read it. Go pound sand, little boy.

Comment

Says the person who literally admitted they did not read it. Go pound sand, little boy.
              I don't have to read the whole thing. As I said, you have a knack of sourcing the most abysmal material just to shill for the Pentagon.

Comment

I don't have to read the whole thing. As I said, you have a knack of sourcing the most abysmal material just to shill for the Pentagon.
                Blah blah blah

Comment

Blah blah blah
                  Sadly, SeanD doesn't seem to grasp that whilst the Nazis of the 40s were indeed left wing in much of their positions, the neo-nazis/nazis of today have little in common aside from the racial supremacy (and even then that varies). Much like today's antifa has little in common with the antifa of WW2. And much like the New Black Panthers have essentially zero in common with the actual Black Panthers. Many of today's nazi groups are, indeed, positioned to the right (though there are likely leftist ones as well).

Comment

I really don't see the importance of Nazi battalions in Ukraine. They don't run the government. If the U.S. was attacked and was fighting a ground war and there was a KKK battalion involved, I'd say "big deal." If they were fighting on my side, let them do it. Just because they exist and are fighting alongside official troops doesn't mean they are sanctioned or part of the government.

The Putin excuse to de-Nazify Ukraine was just that, an excuse. He thought it would resonate better with Russians than saying Crimea and eastern Ukraine should be annexed.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Of course not...They are Nazis, but Biden is supporting them...
                      Biden is supporting Ukraine! Which I don't think extreme rightists in your country would bother to do even if there were none.

There are some extreme right-wing nuts in the USA as well, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Nazis are not "right wing".

They have more in common with modern liberals who have a distinct authoritarian bent and wish to silence and punish those who do, say, or even think the wrong things.
                        Huh? It looks as if the rightists are trying to take control of lives where you are, not liberals. .

But in any case....... I don't think that US rightoids want to help Ukraine in any case. The World has been very relieved at President Biden's help..... the USA is supplying more military aid to Ukraine than all other countries put together, you know. So let's hope that democracy prevails at your next Presidential election.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Oppose? He is working hand and hand with the Nazis...
                          Of course he is! They hate the Russian military!
                          In war your allies can be strange folks. Where do you get most of your oil from? Like Islam much, do you?

In any event, if your beloved former President gains office again then Europe might be on its own again. We were during 39-40...dreadful years when we were nearly overrun by the nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                            ...Europe might be on its own again. We were during 39-40...dreadful years when we were nearly overrun by the nazis.
                            I just wanted to clarify that, while the United States did delay entering the war, that wasn't the case for other non-European countries. For example, below are the dates various countries declared war on Germany:

1939-Sep-3 - New Zealand, Australia, India
                            1939-Sep-4 - Nepal
                            1939-Sep-6 - South Africa
                            1939-Sep-10 - Bahrain, Canada, Oman

and so on.

"My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                              In any event, if your beloved former President gains office again then Europe might be on its own again.
                              Europe still can't wipe its own nose?

We were during 39-40...dreadful years when we were nearly overrun by the nazis.
                              Nazis were part of Europe. Ukraine is part of Europe. Europe has nuclear capabilities, several formidable armies, and a powerful economy in the EU. Why must the US get dragged into any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Europe still can't wipe its own nose?
                                Correct.

BERLIN, March 29 [2022] (Reuters) - Germany will build up its military quicker than planned by bringing a division to combat-readiness two years ahead of schedule, Defence Minister Christine Lambrecht said on Tuesday, detailing Berlin's response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"Germany will reach NATO's planning targets faster than promised," she said, according to the draft text of a speech she was due to deliver at the Atlantic Council think tank in Washington.

"We will have the planned division of the army combat-ready in 2025, two years ahead of time." While Germany does not have a single combat-ready army division at the moment, it had 12 such divisions in the 1980s during the Cold War.

According to its original schedule, Berlin was aiming for one combat-ready division in 2027 and a total of three combat-ready divisions in 2032.

Germany's lack of military readiness 'dramatic' - DW

02/20/2018February 20, 2018

The German parliament's military commissioner has published a report sharply critical of Germany's combat-readiness. The problem comes amid the country's increasing involvement in military missions abroad.

What's wrong with the Bundeswehr?
                                • Bartels pointed to "big gaps" in personnel and equipment. At the end of 2017, no submarines and none of the air force's 14 large transport planes were available for deployment due to repairs.
                                • Other equipment, including fighter jets, tanks and ships, was outdated and in some cases not fully operational because of bad planning or a lack of spare parts. Some air force pilots were unable to train because too many aircraft were being repaired.
                                • Soldiers have experienced increasing levels of stress and there was a lack adequate leadership due to some 21,000 vacant officer posts.
                                • The report said the government needed to pursue reforms "with greater urgency" and increase defense spending.
                                • A lack of funding and inefficient management structures and planning were behind the problems. Germany has cut defense spending since the end of the Cold War. In 2017, it spent about 1.2 percent of its economic production in 2017 on the armed forces, which is below the 2 percent target recommended by the NATO alliance.

Per NATO:

NATO defence GDP.png
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment