Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ukrainian Nazis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukrainian Nazis?

My goodness...

Journalists Are Asking Ukrainian Soldiers To Hide Their Nazi Patches, NYT Admits

The New York Times has been forced to very, very belatedly deal with something which had long been obvious and known to many independent analysts and media outlets, but which has been carefully shielded from the mainstream masses in the West for obvious reasons.

The surprising Monday Times headline said that "Nazi Symbols on Ukraine’s Front Lines Highlight Thorny Issues of History." This acknowledgement comes after literally years of primarily indy journalists and geopolitical commentators pointing out that yes indeed... Ukraine's military and paramilitary groups, especially those operating in the east since at least 2014, have a serious Nazi ideology problem. This has been exhaustively documented, again, going back years. But the report, which merely tries to downplay it as a "thorny issue" of Ukraine's "unique" "History" - suggests that the real problem for Western PR is fundamentally that it's being displayed so openly. Ukrainian troops are being asked to cover those Nazi symbols please!--as Matt Taibbi sarcastically quipped in commenting on the report.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...hes-nyt-admits
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Why the question mark? This was known like half a decade ago. And it was first brought to our attention by the same MSM that tried to then deny it after 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Why the question mark? This was known like half a decade ago. And it was first brought to our attention by the same MSM that tried to then deny it after 2022.
      So we are funding Nazis?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

So we are funding Nazis?
        Unless you believe it's Putin propaganda.

Comment

Unless you believe it's Putin propaganda.
          Where is Gond - he'll set us straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
            Let's see:
            More Putin propaganda! Why do you hate the Ukrainian people!

Comment

So we are funding Nazis?
              Yes, at least in part.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Where is Gond - he'll set us straight!
                The counter argument most will argue will be that it's like creating and funding groups like Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, or Isis in Iraq and Syria. The ends justify the means. Though I disagree, I could at least respect that argument. It's the lying, gaslighting, and deception part that bothers me personally. It's also the paradox of leftists and their emotional involvement in the Ukraine war that makes it so absurd.

Comment

My goodness...
                  Nazis are old enemies of Russian communism. Churchill often mentioned that in war you can have some strange allies.

During the war it was the other way around..... we sent fleets of aid to Russia.

Anyway.......... those troops are very right wing so I guess that some extreme right wingers in the US would support them. Not you?

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Anyway.......... those troops are very right wing so I guess that some extreme right wingers in the US would support them. Not you?
                    Of course not...They are Nazis, but Biden is supporting them...

Comment

News to me. Ukraine is Nazi? Nothing surprises me these days.

I guess it's part of US strategy against Putin, regardless if Ukraine is Nazi...like Ukraine is simply a pawn in the whole scheme of things?

As in, anything to get the job done?

Comment

The counter argument most will argue will be that it's like creating and funding groups like Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, or Isis in Iraq and Syria. The ends justify the means. Though I disagree, I could at least respect that argument.
                        "Respect" - as in understand? I can understand it without respecting it. The US should have learned from Al Qaida that it should never arm one enemy to fight another, because if victorious, you still end up with an armed enemy.

It's the lying, gaslighting, and deception part that bothers me personally. It's also the paradox of leftists and their emotional involvement in the Ukraine war that makes it so absurd.
                        They (the state and the media) have to lie and obfuscate because it would incense American voters to understand where our tax dollars are truly going. But Nazis or not, this isn't our business. That's my beef. If Europe wants to get involved in the conflict, let them do it. The US has no interest in Ukraine - aside from money laundering for the Bidens and other corrupt government officials.

Having said all this, I still believe this is only a pretense on Putin's part for the invasion. I'm sure he doesn't feel threatened by Ukrainian Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                          News to me. Ukraine is Nazi? Nothing surprises me these days.

I guess it's part of US strategy against Putin, regardless if Ukraine is Nazi...like Ukraine is simply a pawn in the whole scheme of things?

As in, anything to get the job done?
                          Given that Zelenskyy is Jewish it isn't accurate to say that Ukraine is Nazi. The problem is that folks like the Azov Brigade have been openly wearing Nazi regalia for years now, well before Putin's invasion, and they are an important part of the resistance to that invasion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Given that Zelenskyy is Jewish it isn't accurate to say that Ukraine is Nazi. The problem is that folks like the Azov Brigade have been openly wearing Nazi regalia for years now, well before Putin's invasion, and they are an important part of the resistance to that invasion.
                            Yes but there are Nazis, and they are not a small para military group.

Comment