Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christian arrested in Reading Pennsylvania at a Pride March.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Are you smoking something funny?
    The guy who was arrested -- he was told to shut up and respect the rights of others, but his own rights were trampled.
    Nah! That cop was dead right, to shut that creep up.......... excellent action right there........

Anybody with a brain can see that he reduced the risk of a breach of the peace. Self-righteous loud mouths need to learn to shut up, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Um she literally tied to defend their actions, demanding to know the kids ages, if they were alone or with their parents and just how far was the guy exposing his genitalia from the kids (apparently there is this magic boundary line measured in centimeters where it is perfectly acceptable to do so) among other things.
      Nope! Anybody who exposes their genitals to children will get themselves nicked and stuffed with an order to keep away from minors.
      It's your bigotry that's blinding you, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Within the law, Mach. You can't arrest somebody for what you think they might do.
        You cannot have had much training in basic law!

I search for 'breach of peace USA' and the very first piece I saw read like this:-

Most states have breach-of-the-peace laws that criminalize certain speech and conduct, including use of obscene or abusive language in a public place, engaging in noisy behaviors (such as firing guns or playing loud music in the late night or early morning), obstructing vehicular or pedestrian traffic, fighting in a ...
        Breach of Peace Laws | The First Amendment Encyclopedia

Go and learn some simple law!

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

You cannot have had much training in basic law!

I search for 'breach of peace USA' and the very first piece I saw read like this:-

Most states have breach-of-the-peace laws that criminalize certain speech and conduct, including use of obscene or abusive language in a public place, engaging in noisy behaviors (such as firing guns or playing loud music in the late night or early morning), obstructing vehicular or pedestrian traffic, fighting in a ...
          Breach of Peace Laws | The First Amendment Encyclopedia

Go and learn some simple law!
          The "language" ones will eventually be struck down if tested in court. The other ones fall outside of the First Amendment, unless for example there is for some reason a need for a loud religious service early in the morning.

FTR, I believe the "fighting words" rule is foolish. It's only a matter of time until some cursed infidel jurist rules that peacefully reading 1 Cor. 6:9-10 in public is provocative and not protected.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Nah............ That cop got an idiot away from the area to avoid trouble.
            Smart move. Smart cop.

Many of your laws came straight out of our (UK) Common Law.
            Yes, but 200 yeas of our own legal theory, as well as our constitution means your country's current laws are nor relevant.

This guy had his right to protest violated.

Comment

Nah............ That cop got an idiot away from the area to avoid trouble.
              Smart move. Smart cop.

Many of your laws came straight out of our (UK) Common Law.
              Unlike the UK, the US has a written constitution that other laws and actions be the State cannot violate. Of course, in the UK, silently praying can cause trouble.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

If nobody is breaking the law, then there's nothing the police can (or should) do except stand back and watch.
                I know the signs with my own kids when they're trying to agitate one another, and I will separate them before it turns into a fight. I know, they are kids, and we're dealing with adults here, but given the times we're living in when passions could easily spill over into a mass shooting, I'm not so sure that watching and waiting until a physical attack occurs should be standard protocol. This enters into the grey here, and is a slippery slope into a fascist police state, so I'm not advocating it...just wondering what is the most balanced answer for a peaceful society.

Comment

That's a real distortion of fact, CP.
                  Obviously coming from someone who never read the exchanges otherwise you wouldn't make such an assertion.

Originally posted by eider View Post
                  Oh please! I've known gays all my life, a very close friend had been a rent boy.
                  Your personal experiences have nothing to do with this.

No..... you were not telling the truth about tansvestites, is all.
                  I think George Hamilton was one of the first tanvestites

He is talking about a very specific incident.

You just don't get it.............. where I live LGBT folks are mostly accepted. You can trawl for articles that report folks against them here, but it is true.
                  Of course there are a few Nazis who hate Gays, Blacks, Jews, Gypsies and all, like down your way I guess, but here we accept LGBT folks and don't lie about them being all perverets.
                  This is just getting bizarre.

He is referencing a very specific incident where someone exposed himself, fully exposing his shortcomings, to a group of children and you want to prattle on about Nazis hating gays, blacks and Jews. Are you say only a Nazi would oppose someone exposing their genitals to kids

Is there some personal reason that you are so desperate to deflect attention from that? Or are you okay with men flashing children and seeking to defend it like H_A did?

I know you don't get it, but the rainbow flag in seen here to show support. You won't believe it but I took the picture below (of a neighbouring widows place) from the back of our home. Her huisband died last year so know you won't be calling her a pervert....... (hoping)

P1030080.JPG
                  So I guess you are fine with someone exposing their genitals to a group of children because in your neighborhood rainbow flags fly in support because that's exactly how it is coming across. Why else would you keep bringing stuff like that up?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nope! Anybody who exposes their genitals to children will get themselves nicked and stuffed with an order to keep away from minors.
                    It's your bigotry that's blinding you, maybe?
                    A man exposes himself to a group of kids standing on a sidewalk and in your warped mind my bigotry is binding me.

You are one sick individual.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

I know the signs with my own kids when they're trying to agitate one another, and I will separate them before it turns into a fight. I know, they are kids, and we're dealing with adults here, but given the times we're living in when passions could easily spill over into a mass shooting, I'm not so sure that watching and waiting until a physical attack occurs should be standard protocol. This enters into the grey here, and is a slippery slope into a fascist police state, so I'm not advocating it...just wondering what is the most balanced answer for a peaceful society.

Yeah. It is so easy to use that to go after a group you don't like.

Let's say you have a group that is against the letter Z.

If they hold a protest the government could shut them down because they say that they're agitating the Z supporters.

And if the Z supporters are protesting you then say that the opponents are agitating them and again need to be silenced.

Whatever the situation the same solution -- silence the Z opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Yeah. It is so easy to use that to go after a group you don't like.

Let's say you have a group that is against the letter Z.

If they hold a protest the government could shut them down because they say that they're agitating the Z supporters.

And if the Z supporters are protesting you then say that the opponents are agitating them and again need to be silenced.

Whatever the situation the same solution -- silence the Z opponents.
                        Yeah, that's plain as day to see.

Probably the best thing to do is respect and protect free speech, then just deal with any outcome.

Comment

Hypatia_Alexandria never has NEVER supported folks who expose their genitals to children.

And Gays are not perverts, CP........ Perverts can be found just about anywhere, including in the Christian Priesthood. Did you know that?
                          All this harks back to an anecdote provided by Cow Poke concerning an incident in Columbus and a Gay Pride parade. Our original exchange has been removed from the public domain but CP likes to reintroduce that anecdote at regular intervals. You can find his comments pertaining to it on various threads.

However, as I understand it a Gay Pride parade was going down a street, on the sidewalk of which members of the public [including "small children" of unidentified age] were waiting to cross..

As one individual dressed as a woman walked past [although in this reply [https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...22#post1425042 on my computer post #326] CP writes that the man was:

'marching' along with a bunch of other perverts, simulating sex acts, and demonstrating how morally decrepit[ they can be

This individual pulled down his [presumably female underwear] and exposed his genitals. Other members of the Pride parade threw candy at the crowd [or possibly only at the children].

One might add that if the group was marching that suggests that they were moving quite quickly and thus the incident would have been of little more than a few seconds duration.

Nonetheless the incident outraged CP. It did not outrage me as I do not consider children seeing adult genitalia particularly shocking. I would also note that these children were with their parents/carers in a group/crowd. .

I also suggested to CP that it was possible the children had a good giggle about the incident afterwards [away from the adults].

"It ain't necessarily so
                          The things that you're liable
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life
                          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

All this harks back to an anecdote provided by Cow Poke concerning an incident in Columbus and a Gay Pride parade. Our original exchange has been removed from the public domain but CP likes to reintroduce that anecdote at regular intervals. You can find his comments pertaining to it on various threads.

However, as I understand it a Gay Pride parade was going down a street, on the sidewalk of which members of the public [including "small children" of unidentified age] were waiting to cross..

As one individual dressed as a woman walked past [although in this reply [https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...22#post1425042 on my computer post #326] CP writes that the man was:

'marching' along with a bunch of other perverts, simulating sex acts, and demonstrating how morally decrepit[ they can be

This individual pulled down his [presumably female underwear] and exposed his genitals. Other members of the Pride parade threw candy at the crowd [or possibly only at the children].

One might add that if the group was marching that suggests that they were moving quite quickly and thus the incident would have been of little more than a few seconds duration.

Nonetheless the incident outraged CP. It did not outrage me as I do not consider children seeing adult genitalia particularly shocking. I would also note that these children were with their parents/carers in a group/crowd. .

I also suggested to CP that it was possible the children had a good giggle about the incident afterwards [away from the adults].
                            Wow -- your flowery fairly land version of my account, which was followed by pages and pages of you defending the perverts. A decent person would have simply acknowledged, "yeah, that wasn't good, and gives gay pride a bad name".
                            You tried every way possible of making this acceptable, even asking the exact distance from the pervert to the children.
                            I was there - the children did not "have a good giggle", as your perverted mind suggests.
                            They weren't "marching" as to cadence, it was more of a "wandering down the street", because they were, as I said, performing simulated sex acts.

And, here you are, STILL trying to defend this debauchery, when a decent person would have agreed it was not a good scene.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                              Nonetheless the incident outraged CP.
                              I'm going to have to call you out on this little lie -- I wasn't "enraged" at all - I was simply giving the account of a bunch of perverts acting like animals. Perverts do what perverts do - nothing to be "enraged" about.
                              Who, in their right mind, thinks it's smart to gain respect for a cause by acting like a bunch of deranged lunatics?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's a real distortion of fact, CP.

Oh please! I've known gays all my life, a very close friend had been a rent boy.

No..... you were not telling the truth about tansvestites, is all.

You just don't get it.............. where I live LGBT folks are mostly accepted. You can trawl for articles that report folks against them here, but it is true.
                                Of course there are a few Nazis who hate Gays, Blacks, Jews, Gypsies and all, like down your way I guess, but here we accept LGBT folks and don't lie about them being all perverets.

I know you don't get it, but the rainbow flag in seen here to show support. You won't believe it but I took the picture below (of a neighbouring widows place) from the back of our home. Her huisband died last year so know you won't be calling her a pervert....... (hoping)

P1030080.JPG
                                You have no idea what you're talking about in the case I cited, eider. Clueless.

Comment