Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert F. Kennedy Jr.?

I hope to be voting in the general for DeSantis or Trump, but having listened to RFK in four or five long form interviews (See one below) I have been impressed. And I think, if he won the general, he would be a decent and honest President...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I'd have no issue voting for RGK in the primary, but I'd want to see more of his positions on the campaign trail especially as it relates to how much regulation he's going to want, EV pushing, and curtailing the push of trans nonsense on minors for the general. If someone reasonable can upset Trump or even DeSantis by some miracle, that would be the ideal outcome.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I at least respect him for having the gonads to publicly take on sacrilegious subjects you just don't talk about, like the covid jab and JFK assassination. Subjects everyone typically pretends in the open like there aren't intriguing questions. It will be interesting to watch the democratic deep state marginalize him like they'll inevitably have to do. And it will be even more entertaining if Biden is forced to step down before 2024.

Comment

I don't see the appeal, honestly. For some reason a number of libertarians I know seem all enamored of him for his vaccine position. But apparently ignore the fact he's been pro-gun control (and has called the NRA a terror group) as well as in favor of using the no fly list to ban people from being able to own guns, thinks there should be a law to punish people who are skeptical of global warming, admires Hugo Chavez, who thinks the government should force oil companies to sell their assets and throw the owners in jail as traitors, etc.. It's mindboggling to watch conservatives and libertarians seemingly snake-charmed by this whackjob.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I hope to be voting in the general for DeSantis or Trump, but having listened to RFK in four or five long form interviews (See one below) I have been impressed. And I think, if he won the general, he would be a decent and honest President...

And he is running as a Democrat why? Not a snowballs chance in hell. Hard to believe he's a Kennedy, although I always thought he must be a bit of a nut job when I heard his anti-vaccine rants.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            I don't see the appeal, honestly. For some reason a number of libertarians I know seem all enamored of him for his vaccine position. But apparently ignore the fact he's been pro-gun control (and has called the NRA a terror group) as well as in favor of using the no fly list to ban people from being able to own guns, thinks there should be a law to punish people who are skeptical of global warming, admires Hugo Chavez, who thinks the government should force oil companies to sell their assets and throw the owners in jail as traitors, etc.. It's mindboggling to watch conservatives and libertarians seemingly snake-charmed by this whackjob.
            The above are among the reasons I couldn't support his being elected to any position but I do give him credit for at least appearing to be more honest than most politicians

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The above are among the reasons I couldn't support his being elected to any position but I do give him credit for at least appearing to be more honest than most politicians
              I like his views on China, the Ukraine war, the Middle East, Africa, etc. But after that, he is far, far too environmentalist for my blood. Pretty much his entire life has been dedicated to environmentalist causes, above all else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I like his views on China, the Ukraine war, the Middle East, Africa, etc. But after that, he is far, far too environmentalist for my blood. Pretty much his entire life has been dedicated to environmentalist causes, above all else.
                I am hesitant to trust any Kennedy, after watching Ted Kennedy most of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Are you saying supporting RFK Jr. would be a bridge too far?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Eww! I forgot about that toad. No, I wouldn't blame RFK Jr. for the transgressions of his uncle, but I wouldn't trust him to ever change his environmentalist stripes. He'd legislate us all into caves to "save the planet." I know it.

I like RFK Jr for two things: He's articulate and seems intelligent (but that applied to Obama on occasion as well), and his geopolitical stance matches mine exactly. It matches that of a lot of libertarians. But the baggage that goes along with that is too much.

Comment

His manner of speaking, unfortunately, will be a problem. Yeah, I know, it's nit-picky, but it's a fact of life that people want a leader with a clear message spoken clearly and with confidence.
                      (Yeah, I know, how does that explain Biden?)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        His manner of speaking, unfortunately, will be a problem. Yeah, I know, it's nit-picky, but it's a fact of life that people want a leader with a clear message spoken clearly and with confidence.
                        (Yeah, I know, how does that explain Biden?)
                        He was permitted to cower in his basement releasing well rehearsed short statements (except that one time that Jill had to do it for him as Joe sat silently beside her looking upset they wouldn't let him talk)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          He was permitted to cower in his basement releasing well rehearsed short statements (except that one time that Jill had to do it for him as Joe sat silently beside her looking upset they wouldn't let him talk)
                          Is that the one where he got distracted by something shiny and wandered off the stage?

Comment

Is that the one where he got distracted by something shiny and wandered off the stage?
                            Or where the Easter Bunny had to come and rescue him from the crowd?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This was the one where he's sitting to her right as she delivers his speech with a big sad pouting look the whole time.

ETA: My bad. On her left.

Conservatives joked about how good of a ventriloquist old Joe was and how you never even see his lips move. Social Media censored those as misinformation.

image_43829.jpg
                              Sorry just a screen capture
                              Last edited by rogue06; 06-08-2023, 02:10 PM.

Comment