Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Where is it all going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is it all going?

This trend of calling men women and women men? In ten years from now, how much more entrenched will our society be in trans ideology?

Languages evolve over time, and words used to describe one reality a hundred years ago, can have taken on a completely different meaning today.

The Trans community seems to have hijacked the words "men, women, boy and girl" . They have separated these words from biological sex.

Where do things go from here?

Will language evolve to protect reality?

If a biological man can be a woman, then so can the tree in my front yard. I can call it a woman and who's to say that it isn't?

If it continues, this breakdown of meaning, then how can a civilization endure?

It would seem that civilization as a collective mind would try to correct this confusion on it's own through the natural evolution of language.

Since these words have been commandeered to basically be wild cards, then what words do we have to describe an adult biological female, or an adult biological male? Perhaps we could use the acronyms ABF and ABM? Maybe that should be on restroom doors now instead of it being "men's restroom" and "women's restroom." There are no boundaries with these words anymore. They can mean anything you want them to mean.

It would need to be something simple though, these new words. A three or four letter word preferably with an agreed upon meaning combining both gender and biological sex for male, then another word for a biological female. It needs to be a concise word though, no more than a few letters. So instead of "policeman" it would be "police___. "

Can you think of any words that could be used for "man" and "woman" that would be a new name for an adult biological man or woman that also describes the role that gender holds in society?

Otherwise, we continue down this same path into the darkness where meaning completely breaks down. The implications of this breakdown continuing, I'm afraid will collapse America.

Do languages of societies auto-correct themselves like this for survival? Can you think of any examples from history perhaps?

I just read that "cis" means "same side" in Latin. Hence, cisgender.

The way it sounds though, I always thought it was a derogatory label...kind of like saying sissy.

Comment

The idea that they're now allowing males to compete against women is indication this is not going away or that it's just a passing fad. That it's seeping into academia and the sciences is one thing, but actually allowing this to happen at the physical detriment of another sex and the physical detriment of children you would have thought that that's where society will finally draw the line. But it just keeps going.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        The idea that they're now allowing males to compete against women is indication this is not going away or that it's just a passing fad. That it's seeping into academia and the sciences is one thing, but actually allowing this to happen at the physical detriment of another sex and the physical detriment of children you would have thought that that's where society will finally draw the line. But it just keeps going.
        I don't know, there's growing backlash against this, so maybe this can be stopped.
        One of the speakers at our Pastor Meeting last week in Nashville was Riley Gaines - the young lady who got cheated out of her first place swimming gig by a 6 foot man, who, by the way, was totally naked in the locker room the girls had to share with him.
        She was threatened by the officials not to say anything publicly, and was told she'd lose all her sponsers.
        She couldn't take it anymore, and began speaking out.

We'll see.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One of the goals of liberals is to control the language and force others to accept their arbitrary definitions, because if they can control the language, then they win every debate by default.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I don't know, there's growing backlash against this, so maybe this can be stopped.
            One of the speakers at our Pastor Meeting last week in Nashville was Riley Gaines - the young lady who got cheated out of her first place swimming gig by a 6 foot man, who, by the way, was totally naked in the locker room the girls had to share with him.
            She was threatened by the officials not to say anything publicly, and was told she'd lose all her sponsers.

We'll see.
            No doubt there's going to be a fierce fight against it. But as I said in tabibito's thread, it will depend on which side controls the digital apparatus being thrust upon us or if we can fight against that from happening. Once we give in to a digital ID system and especially a digital currency inevitably coming in our future, it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

We'll see.
              Similarly, a Connecticut gal is suing her state for allowing men to compete against women. She was one of the top female runners in her high school district until a couple of dudes in dresses showed up and went on to dominate the sport, beating all female competitors and racking up 15 state championships between the two of them.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-girls-sports/
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Similarly, a Connecticut gal is suing her state for allowing men to compete against women. She was one of the top female runners in her high school district until a couple of dudes in dresses showed up and went on to dominate the sport, beating all female competitors and racking up 15 state championships between the two of them.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-girls-sports/
                Let's hope, if this is going to go to SCOTUS, that it happens before the progressives get to appoint justices.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                  I just read that "cis" means "same side" in Latin. Hence, cisgender.

The way it sounds though, I always thought it was a derogatory label...kind of like saying sissy.
                  Given that the use of the term cisgender was basically coined by a pedophile apologist*, it's even more derogatory than it sounds.

* who said, and I quote: "There is nothing wrong with pedophilia in the sense of the word, that is, against liking, even loving, children. The sensuality that unfolds between a child and an adult is something wonderful."

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Given that the use of the term cisgender was basically coined by a pedophile apologist*, it's even more derogatory than it sounds.

* who said, and I quote: "There is nothing wrong with pedophilia in the sense of the word, that is, against liking, even loving, children. The sensuality that unfolds between a child and an adult is something wonderful."

Cisgender implies other possible genders. The word is being used in literally every facet of media and culture, and it seems to have spread very quickly like a virus.

Comment

One more thing then ya'll can let this drop:

Some languages—including Spanish and Russian, for example—classify nouns as either masculine or feminine (or sometimes even neuter). Recent experiments in political science have shown that gendered languages that classify nouns this way are associated with more regressive gender attitudes

Gendered Languages May Play a Role in Limiting Women’s Opportunities, New Research Finds

The way languages incorporate gender can have a powerful impact on the expression of identity.
                      What Happens If You’re Genderqueer — But Your Native Language Is Gendered?

This is somewhat along the lines of what I was thinking, not exactly, but some good reference here. Civics may not be the right forum for it.

Comment

Some languages—including Spanish and Russian, for example—classify nouns as either masculine or feminine (or sometimes even neuter). Recent experiments in political science have shown that gendered languages that classify nouns this way are associated with more regressive gender attitudes

Gendered Languages May Play a Role in Limiting Women’s Opportunities, New Research Finds

What Happens If You’re Genderqueer — But Your Native Language Is Gendered?

This is somewhat along the lines of what I was thinking, not exactly, but some good reference here. Civics may not be the right forum for it.
                        Which is why the vast majority of Hispanics reject the term "Latinx"

It looks fabricated by someone who doesn't understand even the basics of their language.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

On what is available in your link, the study suffers from a heavy dose of confirmation bias. Western European societies and their spin-off societies tend to promote equality to a greater degree than many other areas of the world - whether or not the language has gendered nouns; and most Western European languages in fact use gendered nouns. Non-gendered languages include Turkish. Looking through the list of gendered and non-gendered languages doesn't seem to show any great correlation with equality.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

On what is available in your link, the study suffers from a heavy dose of confirmation bias. Western European societies and their spin-off societies tend to promote equality to a greater degree than many other areas of the world - whether or not the language has gendered nouns; and most Western European languages in fact use gendered nouns. Non-gendered languages include Turkish. Looking through the list of gendered and non-gendered languages doesn't seem to show any great correlation with equality.
                            I still think there is a difference in trans realities between native gendered language speakers and those of non-gendered language. In a gendered language, the trans person is continually reminded that there is only male and female through the very language he or she speaks. There has to be a difference in experience don't you think?

Not the point I was initially wanting to make, but it's an interesting spin off.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Which is why the vast majority of Hispanics reject the term "Latinx"

It looks fabricated by someone who doesn't understand even the basics of their language.
                              Latinx is a neologism in American English which is used to refer to people of Latin American cultural or ethnic identity in the United States. The gender-neutral ⟨-x⟩ suffix replaces the ⟨-o/-a⟩ ending of Latino and Latina that are typical of grammatical gender in Spanish. Its plural is Latinxs.

ne·ol·o·gism

noun
                              1. a newly coined word or expression.

Interesting. I'll be dropping some neologisms here on out.

Comment