Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

11y.o. Boy Called 911 To Help His Mom; Police Shot Him Instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Did the idiot just shoot the first moving object he saw without thinking???
    We don't know. We're still waiting for additional information to be released, particularly the body cam video.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

If a problem in a system can be solved by altering or removing individual components, then the problem is not systemic by definition.
      It is "systemic" in that we have an inherent sin problem, so the solution is spiritual, not political.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Can you give a couple examples of the cops "shooting the hero"? Not trying to be argumentative, but I haven't found any such case --- though it is quite obviously a very possible situation where "the guy with the gun" must be the "bad guy".
        Example 1.

Example 2.

Example 3.

You could have found these yourself.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
          In a bar, which is usually dark, and no apparent way to tell this guy was the good guy - a sad situation indeed. Which is why I had said, " though it is quite obviously a very possible situation where "the guy with the gun" must be the "bad guy".

So, in that instance, the cops shot somebody "running away", brandishing a gun. The guy was, apparently, involved in the shooting, though not the actual shooter.
          By NO account would he be considered "a hero".

So, yet another case where there had been a shooting - a lot of gunfire - and, sadly, somebody got shot in all the chaos.
          It's not like the police went in there to single him out and kill him, knowing he was "a good guy".

You could have found these yourself.
          I'm not that sloppy.
          But thanks for trying.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In a bar, which is usually dark, and no apparent way to tell this guy was the good guy - a sad situation indeed. Which is why I had said, " though it is quite obviously a very possible situation where "the guy with the gun" must be the "bad guy".

So, in that instance, the cops shot somebody "running away", brandishing a gun. The guy was, apparently, involved in the shooting, though not the actual shooter.

So, yet another case where there had been a shooting - a lot of gunfire - and, sadly, somebody got shot in all the chaos.
            It's not like the police went in there to single him out and kill him, knowing he was "a good guy".

I'm not that sloppy.
            But thanks for trying.
            Actually, sadly in the third case I know a good bit about because it happened in my neck of the woods and I know a person who was close friends with Hurley. In that one the cops knew exactly what the shooter looked like because they watched him walk along the street shooting out car windows whilst cowering inside their small cop shop substation and watching through the windows and didn't want to confront him because they thought they didn't have enough "gear" So they already knew what he looked like and what he was wearing as well as that he was using an AR-15, and then when they finally went out, he was down and the Hurley (who used a handgun and who they watched from the window disarming the dead suspect) was there and they basically shot him instantly without any call to drop his weapon or put his hands up. Shot him in the back.

It's insane that these pieces of crap didn't get convicted of anything, and there's a lot of people around here (on the left and the right) that aren't happy with it.
            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 06-02-2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Actually, sadly in the third case I know a good bit about because it happened in my neck of the woods and I know a person who was close friends with Hurley. In that one the cops knew exactly what the shooter looked like because they watched him walk along the street shooting out car windows whilst cowering inside their small cop shop substation and watching through the windows and didn't want to confront him because they thought they didn't have enough "gear" So they already knew what he looked like and what he was wearing as well as that he was using an AR-15, and then when they finally went out, he was down and the Hurley (who used a handgun and who they watched from the window disarming the dead suspect) was there and they basically shot him instantly without any call to drop his weapon or put his hands up. Shot him in the back.

It's insane that these pieces of crap didn't get convicted of anything, and there's a lot of people around here (on the left and the right) that aren't happy with it.
              Wow --I'm speechless.

Comment

Wow --I'm speechless.
                Even worse, the shooter with the rifle had actually been in contact with the three cops who hid and then later shot Hurley, just a couple days before and he insulted them and called them sovereign citizens. So they had seen him even before the day of the shooting

Comment

• On a related note, anytime cops show up to a potentially deadly situation, everyone in the vicinity is at risk. There have been plenty of times a citizen will take down an active shooter, and then when the cops show up they shoot the hero. All they knew was there was someone there at the scene with a gun.
                  Can you give a couple examples of the cops "shooting the hero"? Not trying to be argumentative, but I haven't found any such case --- though it is quite obviously a very possible situation where "the guy with the gun" must be the "bad guy".
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You asked for examples of cops "shooting the hero". That's what you got. Examples of the situation you said was possible but hadn't found any such cases.

You didn't ask for examples of cops deliberately shooting the hero, "knowing he was 'a good guy'."
                  I'm not that sloppy.
                  Yes you are. You're also being deceptive by mischaracterising the last example as "somebody got shot in all the chaos" rather than 'the hero who stopped the shooter got shot in all the chaos.'
                  Last edited by Roy; 06-05-2023, 05:55 AM.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

You asked for examples of cops "shooting the hero". That's what you got. Examples of the situation you said was possible but hadn't found any such cases.

You didn't ask for examples of cops deliberately shooting the hero, "knowing he was 'a good guy'."
                    Yes you are. You're also being deceptive by mischaracterising the last example as "somebody got shot in all the chaos" rather than 'the hero who stopped the shooter got shot in all the chaos.'
                    I appreciate your efforts, Roy.

Comment