Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bud Light: Nobody can chase off customers like us ... Target: Hold MY beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

Yes, so a boy can tuck his junk, usually backwards, in his girl's bathing suit.
    After years of telling everyone not to be ashamed of their bodies

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So now the tolerant left is enraged that Target has started to pull back its 'tuck friendly' stuff and Pride Month displays, and numerous Target stores in at least 3 states, are now getting bomb threats from Trans Radicals

Bomb threats made against Target stores in Utah, Ohio and Pennsylvania over Pride controversy

Police are investigating bomb threats made against Target stores in three states after being alerted by local media outlets that received emails referencing the retail chain's decision to remove or relocate LGBTQ collections celebrating Pride Month.

"Target is full of cowards who turned their back on the LGBT community and decided to cater to the homophobic right wing redneck bigots who protested and vandalized their store," the emailed threat read in part, Cleveland 19 News reported.

Salt Lake City police communications director Brent Weisberg told USA TODAY that officers worked with Target and determined there was no credible threat to the two Target stores in Salt Lake City.

“Officers will continue neighborhood patrols around the Target locations in Salt Lake City out of an abundance of caution,” Weisberg said in a statement.

Weisberg declined to provide specifics of the threats, citing an ongoing investigation.

“We encourage anyone who sees anything suspicious to immediately call 911,” he said.

In a statement to USA TODAY, Target said its stores are open and operating regular hours.

“Law enforcement investigated these claims and determined our stores are safe," the company said.

Sgt. John Ottesen with Layton Police told the CBS affiliate KUTV 2News that bomb threats were made to Target stores in Layton, Salt Lake, Taylorsville and Provo.

He said officers began the investigation after two local new stations received emails alerting them to the threats. The threats mentioned Target’s Pride merchandise.

The threat was three sentences long and came from a “bogus email address," according to Ottesen.

Target has been hit with a conservative backlash for merchandise it carries to promote Pride Month. Target’s website carries hundreds of Pride products, including T-shirts, books and furnishings. Pride Month begins in June.

After critics posted videos of people attacking LGBTQ Pride displays and confronting employees in Target stores, the company held emergency meetings and decided to remove or relocate some Pride merchandise so the merchandise is less visible in stores.

At issue was misinformation spread about “tuck friendly” swimsuits that allow trans women who have not had gender-affirming operations to conceal male genitals. Some social media accounts falsely claimed the swimsuits were being sold in children’s sizes.

Conservatives also seized on Target’s partnership with Abprallen, which they claimed features Satanist designs. Target sells an Abprallen sweatshirt with a snake that says: "Cure transphobia, not trans people."

Hundreds of bills targeting LGBTQ people – particularly transgender people – have been introduced by Republican lawmakers in statehouses across the country, seeking to regulate what bathrooms they can use, what medical care they can receive and what sports teams they can play on.

Prominent figures in the GOP such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is campaigning for the Republican presidential nomination, have elevated divisive issues such as gender-transition care for minors.

LGBTQ groups condemned Target for bowing to political pressure.

“Extremist groups and individuals work to divide us and ultimately don’t just want rainbow products to disappear, they want us to disappear," Kelley Robinson, president of the Human Rights Campaign, said in a statement. "For the past decade, the LGBTQ+ community has celebrated Pride with Target −it’s time that Target stands with us and doubles-down on their commitment to us."

On Twitter, California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, criticized Target’s CEO Brian Cornell, accusing him of “selling out the LGBTQ+ community to extremists.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...n/70262837007/

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I never really understood what they were proud of - who they sleep with? And if homosexuality, for instance, is determined by nature (as they claim) then you are proud of a behavior that you had no choice in? You may as well be proud of pooping...
        It's a classic example of calling evil good and good evil -- what should be shame is switched to pride. And, yeah, the Bible has a lot to say about pride.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I have a shirt that says "I pooped today"
          I have one that says "I'm a regular guy".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            So now the tolerant left is enraged that Target has started to pull back its 'tuck friendly' stuff and Pride Month displays, and numerous Target stores in at least 3 states, are now getting bomb threats from Trans Radicals
            Given that many on the left/MSM were calling any boycott of Target "domestic terrorism," I wonder how they'll describe this?

Mostly peaceful death threats?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So when we boycott Target because we don't want our toddlers seeing the garbage they're peddling they call us "economic terrorists".

But when trans radicals start tossing bomb threats around, everybody cheers.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So apparently Target has never sold the shirt in the OP.

They partnered with the brand that makes that shirt for pride month but never sold any Satanic shirt. Just other gay stuff that brand makes.

None of the products for the Target, Abprallen collaboration referenced Satan

The shirt does not appear on Target’s website, and the designer behind it told USA TODAY the claim was false.

“The Satan Respects Pronouns shirt has never been sold by Target,” said Erik Carnell, the shirt's designer at Abprallen. “No items containing this slogan have ever been sold at Target.”

Carnell said three products – a fanny pack that says “We Belong Everywhere,” a tote that says “Too Queer For Here” and a sweatshirt that says “Cure Transphobia, Not Trans People” – were the only ones Target sold as part of the partnership between the two companies. Abprallen posted pictures of the products in a May 9 Facebook post that announced the collaboration and described them as “part one of the range” that would be sold by the retailer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...k/70252503007/

Makes some sense, I didn't think a big company like Target, even if they were trying to look super accepting, would go so far as to use the "Satan" t-shirts. That said, even if Target wasn't actually selling those specific shirts, it seems like a pretty bad idea to partner up with a designer that makes them. It's just asking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                  Makes some sense, I didn't think a big company like Target, even if they were trying to look super accepting, would go so far as to use the "Satan" t-shirts. That said, even if Target wasn't actually selling those specific shirts, it seems like a pretty bad idea to partner up with a designer that makes them. It's just asking for trouble.
                  They say that they don't actually believe in a being like Satan, yet he or it, is respecting their pronouns...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    After years of telling everyone not to be ashamed of their bodies
                    Not a whole lot has changed since I last checked in, I see.

I think it's notable that a number of Christian men here ran with two lies, both manufactured to gin up indignation and outrage against a vulnerable minority group. When one of the lies was exposed as such (and credit to Sparko for at least that), there were no apologies or mea culpas: just a short silence until the *next* outrage (a "trans radical" email sent to members of Tim Pool's website?) could be grabbed onto with both hands and no skepticism.

Reminds me of a recent conversation I had with an old college friend who posted Charlie Kirk's anti-trans talking points and a call for fathers to pull their daughter-athletes out of leagues that allowed transgender student participation. Going round and round through the question of whether her statement was showing lovingkindness to a particularly vulnerable set of kids wasn't any use because she kept coming back to the defense that "the TRUTH" is kindness and not telling people "the TRUTH" is cruelty.

Ah, well, an effort was made.

The very next day, the same person posts another Charlie Kirk bit - but this one contained an obvious and demonstrable lie. I pointed out the lie, along with providing an explanation of why it was a lie and supporting evidence showing how the statement was untrue. I suggested that her dedication to the truth was laudable but undercut by her reliance on Kirk, who regularly trafficks in falsehoods, half-truths, and flat-out lies. Her response: all media is biased in their own way but Charlie Kirk is "holding the line" against an immoral media and culture.

The post remained up.

What I'm getting at before I head back out the doors and into the wilds again is that Christians can legitimately either pin their priority to showing grace and kindness to struggling sinners or to demonstrating fealty to God's Truth, come what may. If you think transgender adults or kids are in that group of sinners, I guess you can pick the latter over the former and still present as a sincere, responsible Christian witness ... but you then tie your Christianity to how faithfully you adhere to true things, come what may.

And letting yourself being led around by the nose every time someone tickles your ear is a bad way to go about it, as demonstrated.

I'll see myself out again,

-Sam
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

I assume the above made sense to somebody here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          It's just your typical whiny "Woe is me with all these bigoted conservative Christians that just won't bend to this woke lunacy, for I am undone" sanctimonious spiel Sam throws out every once in awhile. It's similar to oxmixmudd only Sam does it in hit and run fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's just your typical whiny "Woe is me with all these bigoted conservative Christians that just won't bend to this woke lunacy, for I am undone" sanctimonious spiel Sam throws out every once in awhile. It's similar to oxmixmudd only Sam does it in hit and run fashion.
                            It was so murky that I didn't know who or what specifically he was complaining about, nor have I ever heard of Charlie Kirk before. I figured someone here must have understood it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Not a whole lot has changed since I last checked in, I see.

I think it's notable that a number of Christian men here ran with two lies, both manufactured to gin up indignation and outrage against a vulnerable minority group. When one of the lies was exposed as such (and credit to Sparko for at least that), there were no apologies or mea culpas: just a short silence until the *next* outrage (a "trans radical" email sent to members of Tim Pool's website?) could be grabbed onto with both hands and no skepticism.

Reminds me of a recent conversation I had with an old college friend who posted Charlie Kirk's anti-trans talking points and a call for fathers to pull their daughter-athletes out of leagues that allowed transgender student participation. Going round and round through the question of whether her statement was showing lovingkindness to a particularly vulnerable set of kids wasn't any use because she kept coming back to the defense that "the TRUTH" is kindness and not telling people "the TRUTH" is cruelty.

Ah, well, an effort was made.

The very next day, the same person posts another Charlie Kirk bit - but this one contained an obvious and demonstrable lie. I pointed out the lie, along with providing an explanation of why it was a lie and supporting evidence showing how the statement was untrue. I suggested that her dedication to the truth was laudable but undercut by her reliance on Kirk, who regularly trafficks in falsehoods, half-truths, and flat-out lies. Her response: all media is biased in their own way but Charlie Kirk is "holding the line" against an immoral media and culture.

The post remained up.

What I'm getting at before I head back out the doors and into the wilds again is that Christians can legitimately either pin their priority to showing grace and kindness to struggling sinners or to demonstrating fealty to God's Truth, come what may. If you think transgender adults or kids are in that group of sinners, I guess you can pick the latter over the former and still present as a sincere, responsible Christian witness ... but you then tie your Christianity to how faithfully you adhere to true things, come what may.

And letting yourself being led around by the nose every time someone tickles your ear is a bad way to go about it, as demonstrated.

I'll see myself out again,

-Sam
                              Huh?

Comment

Huh?
                                Really didn't think it was that obtuse but since the consensus seems to be that way, I suppose I owe a clearer statement.

Christians participating on this topic indulged themselves in two lies, that Target was 1) selling a specific shirt featuring Satan and 2) advertising transgender-accommodating swimwear to children. When the first lie was revealed as such, the Christians here didn't apologize for participating in the lie or even grapple with why or how they got so easily snookered. The subject was lightly commented on and then discarded and the second lie, still assumed to be true, was not reevaluated. The thread went "cold" for several days then, until you posted another bit of chum that could spur some outrage and criticism.

—I'll pause here to say that it's not at all impossible that some "trans radical" sent a bomb threat to "members@timcast.com". I will say that it's an awfully strange way to go about that sort of thing - do "trans radicals" normally send their violent messages to right-wing darling Tim Pool's subscription list?

Back to topic: For the Christians on this board, they can look to Christ as a model of both immense kindness to vulnerable sinners and implacable commitment to truth. Generally, one finds an individual's Christian practice emphasizing one over the other — we all fail to measure up to the model and tend to err in one direction or the other. If, then, Christian folk here decide to lean further into a commitment to "the TRUTH", their Christian faith will (and should) be judged on how they practice adherence to truth.

What we see, in this thread and historically, is a lack of such commitment. Quite the opposite, we see something more approaching an attitude of truth as a pragmatic tool: something to be used rhetorically when advantageous and discarded when not. That's a problem with a simple, though perhaps not easy, solution.

-Sam
                                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment