Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bud Light: Nobody can chase off customers like us ... Target: Hold MY beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Light: Nobody can chase off customers like us ... Target: Hold MY beer.

After what had to be a record effort in estranging yourself from your customers by Anheuser-Busch (parent company of Bud Light), it appears that the retailer Target took that as a challenge.

Basically, in order to celebrate Pride Month, Target partnered with UK-based designer Abprallen for clothing with such messages as "Satan loves you" and "Satan respects pronouns."

I don't think the model is wearing pants

Just what is in the bottled water that the ad execs for these corporations are drinking?

How could anyone ever thought this was a great idea.

Needless to say, a backlash has resulted.

Needless to say that those on the left are angry and upset that there is a backlash, totally self-unaware that this is exactly the sort of thing they've been doing for decades.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Just as North Face's Summer of Pride’ is getting push back...

The North Face created a stir when it announced its “Summer of Pride” outdoor events series with a video on social media starring drag queen Pattie Gonia, who encourages viewers to “come out.”

The ad opens with Gonia, dressed in all-rainbow North Face gear and donning a full mustachioed face of multicolored makeup, saying: “Hi, it’s me, Pattie Gonia, a real-life homosexual.”

He continued: “I’m here with The North Face. We are here to invite you to come out … in nature with us!”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/drag-q...r-of-pride-ad/

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      After what had to be a record effort in estranging yourself from your customers by Anheuser-Busch (parent company of Bud Light), it appears that the retailer Target took that as a challenge.

Basically, in order to celebrate Pride Month, Target partnered with UK-based designer Abprallen for clothing with such messages as "Satan loves you" and "Satan respects pronouns."

Just what is in the bottled water that the ad execs for these corporations are drinking?

Needless to say that those on the left are angry and upset that there is a backlash, totally self-unaware that this is exactly the sort of thing they've been doing for decades.
      Given some of the messages on Target's line of Abprallen's pride apparel, are they admitting that the trans movement is Satanic in nature?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Given some of the messages on Target's line of Abprallen's pride apparel, are they admitting that the trans movement is Satanic in nature?
        They are only admitting what we all know...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

That's the way I read it. I mean if Satan supports something, like choosing gender pronouns, then I think most people would take that as a clue to NOT support it. Because Satan is evil, so anything Satan is for would be evil too.

Comment

The next Target sales campaign should be ads saying "We hate you. Go away." Accompanied by a huge middle finger.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Just as North Face's Summer of Pride’ is getting push back...

[/B]
              Well it is almost "Pride Month" again so despite the warning lessons from Bud Light, companies are tripping over themselves to support LGBT+ and lose business.

I wonder if any of them realize that the Bible not only condemns homosexuality, but pride also.

Proverbs 21:4 Haughty eyes and a proud heart— the unplowed field of the wicked—produce sin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                The next Target sales campaign should be ads saying "We hate you. Go away." Accompanied by a huge middle finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I wonder if any of them realize that the Bible not only condemns homosexuality, but pride also.

I never really understood what they were proud of - who they sleep with? And if homosexuality, for instance, is determined by nature (as they claim) then you are proud of a behavior that you had no choice in? You may as well be proud of pooping...

Comment

That couldn't be anymore explicit as to what this really is all about.

But even from just a purely marketing perspective, America is still predominantly Christian, so you have to ask what this really means? It's certainly not any sort of smart marketing strategy, and it goes well beyond just appeasing the ESG authoritarians.

Comment

I never really understood what they were proud of - who they sleep with? And if homosexuality, for instance, is determined by nature (as they claim) then you are proud of a behavior that you had no choice in? You may as well be proud of pooping...
                      I have a shirt that says "I pooped today"
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Well, there was this one poop...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I have a shirt that says "I pooped today"
                          At your age, that is an event to be celebrated!

Comment

At your age, that is an event to be celebrated!
                            You ain't wrong...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

You ain't wrong...
                              Hehe, join the crowd!

Comment