Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Crossfire Hurricane: Political Witch Hunt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfire Hurricane: Political Witch Hunt...

No kidding! This will give Trump a ton of ammo going into the next election cycle...

Jim Jordan plans to summon Durham to testify after release of damning report

Special Counsel John Durham released a damning final report Monday after more than three years investigating the Russia collusion probe, declaring the FBI had no verified intelligence or evidence when it opened up the Crossfire Hurricane probe of President Donald Trump's campaign in the summer of 2016.

"Neither U.S. law enforcement nor the Intelligence Community appears to have possessed any actual evidence of collusion in their holdings at the commencement of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation," Durham wrote in a 300-plus page report sent to Congress and others and obtained by Just the News. DOJ was slated to make the report public later Monday.

The prosecutor faulted the FBI and Justice Department for failing to follow their own standards and allowing a probe to persist, including the surveillance of an American citizen without basis under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

"Based on the review of Crossfire Hurricane and related intelligence activities, we concluded the Department and the FBI failed to uphold their important mission of strict fidelity to the law in connection with certain events and activities described in this report," Durham wrote.

"The FBI personnel also repeatedly disregarded important requirements when they continued to seek renewals of that FISA surveillance while acknowledging -- both then and in hindsight -- that they did not genuinely believe there was probably cause to believe that the target was knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities on behalf of foreign power."

https://justthenews.com/accountabili...ing-fbi-had-no
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

And they refuse to investigate Hunter when they actually DO have verified evidence. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      And they refuse to investigate Hunter when they actually DO have verified evidence. Hmmm...
      It is so blatant
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        No kidding! This will give Trump a ton of ammo going into the next election cycle...

I don't see how this will necessarily help Trump. We've known this for literally years and it didn't seem to help Reps in the midterms. The right will keep knowing what the facts are about all this, and the left will keep denying the facts or just ignoring it. I mean looks at TDS leftists like stoic, juvenal and oxmixmudd. No amount of evidence will convince them of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I don't see how this will necessarily help Trump. We've known this for literally years and it didn't seem to help Reps in the midterms. The right will keep knowing what the facts are about all this, and the left will keep denying the facts or just ignoring it. I mean looks at TDS leftists like stoic, juvenal and oxmixmudd. No amount of evidence will convince them of anything.
          I think it will give him cover for other possible legal problems - he will call them all witch hunts and can point to Crossfire Hurricane as a prime example...

Comment

I think it will give him cover for other possible legal problems - he will call them all witch hunts and can point to Crossfire Hurricane as a prime example...
            Wait. does that mean Trump is a witch!!?

Burn him!!!

Comment

The report confirms what we already know. And I don't hold out any hope that anyone will be held accountable.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think you're putting too much stock in the idea the left is concerned about facts than they are subjective perception of reality. The perception of reality they're being fed is that this is actually a MAGA witchunt against Obama, Hillary, and Biden and the intelligence agencies in defense of Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Wait. does that mean Trump is a witch!!?

Burn him!!!
                  He is a good witch...

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I think you're putting too much stock in the idea the left is concerned about facts than they are subjective perception of reality. The perception of reality they're being fed is that this is actually a MAGA witchunt against Obama, Hillary, and Biden and the intelligence agencies in defense of Trump.
                    I'm not worried about the left, but fence sitting voters...

Comment

He is a good witch...
                      He turned me into a newt!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        He turned me into a newt!
                        I knew't something about you had changed for the better.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I knew't something about you had changed for the better.
                          I got better.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's curious that Durham laid out clear violations of the law in his report, and yet he has issued no indictments, making his investigation little more than the equivalent of a strongly worded letter of disapproval. It's the classic government trick of appearing to take action without actually taking action.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It's curious that Durham laid out clear violations of the law in his report, and yet he has issued no indictments, making his investigation little more than the equivalent of a strongly worded letter of disapproval. It's the classic government trick of appearing to take action without actually taking action.
                              I think he may have been gun shy after losing two cases in DC courts. He is from my state, I know people who know him well - he is said to be a straight shooter...

Comment