Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Crossfire Hurricane: Political Witch Hunt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

I think he may have been gun shy after losing two cases in DC courts. He is from my state, I know people who know him well - he is said to be a straight shooter...
    Dirty Cop Mueller was also sold to us as a man above reproach, so I don't put much stock in similar assurances about Durham.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-16-2023, 09:45 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I am not sure Durham can recommend any consequences. He just produces the report. I think any charges would be up to congress to take (since it actually implicates the DOJ and FBI, I don't think they can bring charges or not because of conflict of interest) - Maybe the House will do something?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I am not sure Durham can recommend any consequences. He just produces the report. I think any charges would be up to congress to take (since it actually implicates the DOJ and FBI, I don't think they can bring charges or not because of conflict of interest) - Maybe the House will do something?
        It's kind of like Mueller deciding to take on the authority of saying that he cannot exonerate Trump

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I mean how was this not election interference? Claiming that Trump was a Russian asset for three years with zero evidence - that had to played into the minds of voters during his second run...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Just read this report:

PR exec who called Trump a 'mad man' was behind false 'golden showers' claims: Durham report reveals Donald never stayed in Moscow suite at center of salacious story - and how FBI wanted to keep paying Steele dossier source $300K AFTER he lied

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rce-probe.html

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post
              Just read this report:

PR exec who called Trump a 'mad man' was behind false 'golden showers' claims: Durham report reveals Donald never stayed in Moscow suite at center of salacious story - and how FBI wanted to keep paying Steele dossier source $300K AFTER he lied

This was a deep state take down of a sitting president, nothing less...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post
                Just read this report:

So basically all of the actual Russian connections were with the Clinton's who paid for the Steele Dossier to be produced in the first place. And nothing happened to them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

So basically all of the actual Russian connections were with the Clinton's who paid for the Steele Dossier to be produced in the first place. And nothing happened to them at all.
                  Pfft. "No reasonable prosecutor" and all that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    What he meant was that no reasonable prosecutor wanted to risk dying from a freak accident or a "botched robbery" by going after the Clintons.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The thing is Obama and Hillary were both in on this, and knew it was a lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        It's curious that Durham laid out clear violations of the law in his report, and yet he has issued no indictments, making his investigation little more than the equivalent of a strongly worded letter of disapproval. It's the classic government trick of appearing to take action without actually taking action.
                        I don't know that he can issue indictments. Not sure though on what powers he has.

Comment

The thing is Obama and Hillary were both in on this, and knew it was a lie...
                          Hillary didn't just know, she's largely behind it.

It is inconceivable that Obama was unaware. It's not like he's old Joe.

Comment

I'm not worried about the left, but fence sitting voters...
                            I guess it'll depend on where they get their information. If they get it from conservative outlets, then sure, but if they regularly get their info there, they probably already know about it. If they get their info from social media and/or general legacy MSM outlets, chances are they'll be misinformed about it, if they even hear about it at all.
                            Last edited by seanD; 05-16-2023, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Hillary didn't just know, she's largely behind it.

It is inconceivable that Obama was unaware. It's not like he's old Joe.
                              They have notes from Brennan, Obama was in the loop, they whole way...

Comment

So much for the democrat lie that Comey was trying to help Trump in 2016 by trying to make HRC look bad...

FBI Leadership Sabotaged Clinton Foundation Investigations: Durham Report

Despite this evidence, DOJ and FBI leadership essentially sabotaged the Clinton Foundation investigation. The DOJ was “hostile” to the Clinton Foundation presentations from the FBI Field Offices. And at a February 2016 FBI meeting to discuss the Clinton Foundation investigations, Assistant Director Andre McCabe ordered the cases to be closed. He would reconsider that demand following objections. However, any overt investigative steps needed McCabe’s approval. In May 2016, FBI Director Comey would, through an intermediary, demand the New York Field Office “cease and desist” their Clinton Foundation investigation. And in August 2016, as the presidential election approached, the US Attorneys’ offices in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York declined to issue subpoenas to the FBI New York Field Office in support of their Clinton Foundation investigation.

Apparently the email scandal was easy to cover up, whereas a Clinton Foundation investigation was where the actual bodies were hiding.

Comment