Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Don't These Cowards....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I like another quote by Lewis:

I willingly believe that the damned are, in one sense, successful, rebels to the end; that the doors of hell are locked on the inside.I do not mean that the ghosts may not wish to come out of hell, in the vague fashion wherein an envious man ‘wishes’ to be happy: but they certainly do not will even the first preliminary stages of that self-abandonment through which alone the soul can reach any good. They enjoy forever the horrible freedom they have demanded, and are therefore self-enslaved: just as the blessed, forever submitting to obedience, become through all eternity more and more free.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Of course I would, as Christ would do, invite them for a meal and to repent of their sin.
      That's what the Salvation Army used to do. You could have some subsistence and help but you needed to attend a good preaching.
      So you would bring them in to your home and offer hospitality....that is good.
      Now, since they are all dressed, and clean, and give homage to Jesus, how are you going to start talking to them about repentance for their sins? And what sins?
      Let us assume that all of those men are gay, so how would you tell them that homosexuality is against the laws of your God? Where would you get that from?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Again, apparently they had not seen each other in quite some time. Decades perhaps. John, being a cautious man, sent some of his people to confirm what he had heard.

It really shouldn't be that hard to follow.

But then again, for someone who can't follow numerous descriptions and even pictures of the ruins from 1st century Nazareth clearing showing stone buildings on the side of a hill, and who still maintains that the village was atop the hill and made up of tents, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.
        Ha ha! So your version is that the Baptist did not remember that his cousin was God? Do you think that the Baptist soon forgot that Baptism, where God called down from on high, the lightning and thunder splitting open the sky, the doves flying?

You're funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I do!!!!

GREAT sentence construction!!!

YEAH!!!! They didn't have Priceline or Travelocity or Canoe, so how in the world would they even be able to book airfare!!!

(walking is free, and riding a donkey nearly so)
          Wonderful........ so Galilean peasant girls could afford donkeys and go walkabout....... I do love this.
          NB: Only Levite classes were High class, and there was no middle class........ All the rest were peasant classes and pverty was extreme.

Comment

OK so JImL, explain to us how a biological man can get pregnant without a uterus or ovaries?
            Do you realise that many biological women cannot get pregnant?
            LGBT folks are all about feelings and sexuality....... it's how they are.

And Jesus never spoke out against any of them.
            And the painting shows men in leather supporting, holding up a Westernized Jesus and paying homage to him. Can't be all bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

What is wrong is that the whole idea of killing a person for his/her honest and reasoned beliefs, whether they be right or wrong about those beliefs is ridiculous and paints a picture of an evil, unreasonable, psychopath of a God. It's just plain dumb to believe such a ridiculous scenario, or to love or worship such a hatefilled tyrannical psychopathic God anymore than you would your own father.
              Hi........... the men in that painting are all followers of Jesus.
              It seems that some churches may need to put up a notice about who is allowed in to pay homage to Jesus. Ouch!

Comment

If I am wrong about eternity, I will have lived a great life of love and generosity, and be remembered kindly by my family - end of story.
                You will be forgotten...... but the atoms within you now will be scattered far and wide, and many will become part of other living things, over and over. Matter and energy carry on forever.

If you are wrong, you will burn in Hell forever, after spending your time ing the internet and battling Christians and/or conservatives.
                ....And conservatives...???.....!!!!!
                What a joyous sentence!
                Pearly Gates:-
                Peter:- And which party did you vote for?
                Scared Sinner:- Ummm.... Errr...
                Peter:- Ummm is not an answer!
                Sacred Sinner:- Well, I did like that Mr Obama.........
                Peter:- Wrong place! You've come to the wrong place! This is for conservatives like that nice Mr Trump!

I like my odds WAY better.
                Your odds are exactly the same as anybody else's.
                Enjoy the day, the month, the years.........

Comment

So you just take the word of some person in a video and don't have a clue how it would work? Did the professor explain it? Could the professor be wrong?

You can't grow a baby without a uterus and the associated anatomy. And a biological male doesn't have the required anatomy. It's that simple. I thought you believed in science, not unsupported faith? Yet here you are believing some liberal because she said something.
                  Don't you ever read a post before responding to it? Did I say I just took the professors word for it? No, I didn't. So yes, I do believe in science, and what I said is that I don't know, perhaps it is a possibility. Perhaps there is a medical procedure that makes it possible. But I have no idea other than the professors say so. I welcome your critique, but at least critique me honestly rather than miss quoting me.
                  Last edited by JimL; 05-25-2023, 01:08 AM.

Comment

If I am wrong about eternity, I will have lived a great life of love and generosity, and be remembered kindly by my family - end of story.
                    If you are wrong, you will burn in Hell forever, after spending your time ing the internet and battling Christians and/or conservatives.

I like my odds WAY better.
                    Well, I'm not afraid of burning in hell for eternity because unlike you I don't believe in a God, and certainly not in such an evil God as you apparently believe in. But if that's what you need in order to live a good life, then more power to you. My beliefs are based on reason, not on whether or not they are to my benifit.

And by the way, nobody's trolling you, you've been whining about being trolled for decades. Give it a break will you, the site it here for debate.
                    Last edited by JimL; 05-25-2023, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Same here. At least with Christianity we become better people and help others. That is nothing to be ashamed of, even if we are wrong. And if we are wrong, we won't even know about it. But if JimL is wrong, he will have wasted his life and his eternity.
                      You guys are funny. Just because you seem to recognize the fact that you yourselves couldn't be good people and help others without your belief in god doesn't mean nonbelievers can't be just as good. As a matter of fact, i would consider a good nonbeliever to be more righteous than a good believer.

Comment

And, apparently, he's been bitter and miserable all the while.
                        Pot, kettle!!!!

Comment

Sounds like he is already in hell.

Comment

Sounds like he is already in hell.
                            Bahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Hi........... the men in that painting are all followers of Jesus.
                              It seems that some churches may need to put up a notice about who is allowed in to pay homage to Jesus. Ouch!
                              Yep, they just happen to be a certain kind of christian sinners that these Christian sinners here can't accept.

Comment

I like another quote by Lewis:

I willingly believe that the damned are, in one sense, successful, rebels to the end; that the doors of hell are locked on the inside.I do not mean that the ghosts may not wish to come out of hell, in the vague fashion wherein an envious man ‘wishes’ to be happy: but they certainly do not will even the first preliminary stages of that self-abandonment through which alone the soul can reach any good. They enjoy forever the horrible freedom they have demanded, and are therefore self-enslaved: just as the blessed, forever submitting to obedience, become through all eternity more and more free.
                                Nonsensical.

Comment