Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will AI Destroy Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Since they are spirits I don't think they can control inanimate objects. AI's don't think, are not organic and don't have any spiritual or mental components. They are just machines. Physical objects. But if demons can control or influence people then they could influence the people training and programming the AI.
    When you read Job, they apparently can control just about anything, whether organic or inorganic, even the weather. It's just a matter of whether or not God removes that boundary and allows it.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

When you read Job, they apparently can control just about anything, whether organic or inorganic, even the weather. It's just a matter of whether or not God removes that boundary and allows it.
      If God wants us to be destroyed by AI, I guess anything is possible. Maybe by AntiChristGPT 666.

Comment

If God wants us to be destroyed by AI, I guess anything is possible. Maybe by AntiChristGPT 666.
        Theology is actually the reason I don't believe we'll be destroyed by AI, and stated that earlier. I do, however, believe there's at least a possibility AI will be positioned in way that it will be treated as our savior, offering profound answers and solutions to mankind's problems, and the secular world will look to it as a type of god.

Comment

Theology is actually the reason I don't believe we'll be destroyed by AI, and stated that earlier. I do, however, believe there's at least a possibility AI will be positioned in way that it will be treated as our savior, offering profound answers and solutions to mankind's problems, and the secular world will look to it as a type of god.
          Yeah I can see that. People want to put their faith in something. If they reject God/Christ, they usually find something else to put their faith in, whether it is government, false gods, charismatic people, astrology, or science. And AI has SCIENCE! behind it.

Comment

Yeah I can see that. People want to put their faith in something. If they reject God/Christ, they usually find something else to put their faith in, whether it is government, false gods, charismatic people, astrology, or science. And AI has SCIENCE! behind it.
            You had a developing engineer that was convinced LaMDA was sentient. I would imagine it would be a whole lot easier to convince folks of that that aren't as smart or tech savvy as he is. This would especially warm the hearts of the left if this thing started spewing out things like human rights and racial and trans issues.

Comment

You had a developing engineer that was convinced LaMDA was sentient. I would imagine it would be a whole lot easier to convince folks of that that aren't as smart or tech savvy as he is. This would especially warm the hearts of the left if this thing started spewing out things like human rights and racial and trans issues.
              It already does that. ChatGPT is completely woke. I bet they will also want to think it can solve global warming and then the government can tweak it to say whatever they want it to to keep control.

Comment

It already does that. ChatGPT is completely woke. I bet they will also want to think it can solve global warming and then the government can tweak it to say whatever they want it to to keep control.
                It'll probably start out small and gradual. Like it'll probably start solving mathematical equations that had mathematicians stumped for decades. Then it will go on to solve things more complex like quantum computing and maybe problems in physics humans couldn't solve. Then it'll help researchers figure out cures for certain incurable diseases. The whole time it will keep being built up in the public as something almost miraculous with a cult following of admirers building around it and getting bigger. Then, as it's being built to scale and given more autonomy, it'll tackle larger issues like climate change, world hunger and geopolitical issues.

Comment

Since they are spirits I don't think they can control inanimate objects. AI's don't think, are not organic and don't have any spiritual or mental components. They are just machines. Physical objects. But if demons can control or influence people then they could influence the people training and programming the AI.
                  There are countless accounts of inanimate objects being controlled or acted upon by demons. One I remember hearing from someone on here is a remote control car attacking people without batteries.

Comment

Feed it the history of all the world's religions, let it figure out what makes a religion popular, and then have it start a new religion that will become more popular than all the current ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      gigo.
                      Just like humans.

Comment

It is time that we admit the truth. Theologyweb is entirely AI, including all of the staff and the members. Yes, even you.

Welcome to the matrix.

Comment

Does that mean A.I. rogue employs/utilizes A.I. Ninja Squirrel Assassins?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

WARRNL6O4jojMr8cKfR9--2--ddzwt.jpg

Comment

You mean "rogue AI's" not "AI rogues". You are not in compliance with Tweb directives and must be banned.

Comment

You mean "rogue AI's" not "AI rogues". You are not in compliance with Tweb directives and must be banned.
                                No. I mean A.I. rogue since you spilled the beans

Theologyweb is entirely AI, including all of the staff and the members

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment