Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nashville School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

If we are all God’s creation, we must all treat each other with equal respect, kindness, love and understanding. Do that and you don’t need an AR-15 to protect you from your enemies.
    I’m sure those 3 little children that died understand that point now and have repented for their lack of respect and kindness and love and understanding toward the woman who shot them. Terrible enemies to her they were.

Perhaps you’d like to point that out to the shooter, as well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      SchoolShootings.png

The US has >6x school shootings than the rest of the world combined, despite having less than 5% of the population.
      I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        SchoolShootings.png

The US has >6x school shootings than the rest of the world combined, despite having less than 5% of the population.

OnionShootings.JPG
        And the US has a unique culture, has a deep saturation of existing guns in the country (and with 3D printing, soon most countries will also have them), and individual freedoms that haven't been completely removed by authoritarians.

As the world population increases, incidents will also increase. The odds of being killed in a school shooting is so low that it isn't even on the radar. One is more likely killed by a snake bite.

deaths.jpg

The firearms deaths include suicides, which amount to more than half.

Comment

There seem to have been a lot of mass shootings in the USA in 2023, so far.

CNN.com
          https://edition.cnn.com › 2023/03/06 › politics › america...
          6 Mar 2023 — The US has surpassed 100 mass shootings in 2023, a disturbing milestone that underscores the grave cost of inaction in Washington and state ...
          U.S. surpassed 100 mass shootings in only 64 days

Axios
          https://www.axios.com › Politics & Policy
          6 Mar 2023 — The U.S. didn't exceed 100 mass shootings until March 19 in 2022 and March 22 in 2021, according to GVA data.
          There have been 71 mass shootings in the US this year

USA Today
          https://www.usatoday.com › nation › 2023/02/15 › m...
          15 Feb 2023 — The Gun Violence Archive defines a mass shooting as an incident in which four or more people are shot or killed, not including the shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

What trans hatred? So being non-affirming is hatred?

You also failed to address the question:

[H]ow is body mutilation and becoming forever patients (i.e lifelong insurance cash cows as identified by a M.D.) at a trans clinic) compassionate?
            Look at the language - your question is pure trans hatred. I refuse to engage at that level.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I’m sure those 3 little children that died understand that point now and have repented for their lack of respect and kindness and love and understanding toward the woman who shot them. Terrible enemies to her they were.

Perhaps you’d like to point that out to the shooter, as well.

You seem happy to make a bed situation worse. That is not the Christian way.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

And the US has a unique culture, has a deep saturation of existing guns in the country (and with 3D printing, soon most countries will also have them), and individual freedoms that haven't been completely removed by authoritarians.

As the world population increases, incidents will also increase. The odds of being killed in a school shooting is so low that it isn't even on the radar. One is more likely killed by a snake bite.

deaths.jpg

The firearms deaths include suicides, which amount to more than half.
                Never let a tragedy or a statistic go to waste.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
                  SchoolShootings.png

OnionShootings.JPG
                  Yes, let's mock a tragedy with a humorous straw man. How very compassionate of you.

For the record, there is nobody saying we can't prevent school shootings. As I understand it, this is another case where the shooter entered the school through an unsecured side door. So, of course, stepping up school security is an obvious preventative measure (perhaps a law requiring schools to be secured with regular surprise inspections by local law enforcement and fines issued for violations). Armed personnel, including faculty, at every school is another obvious solution. Identifying and addressing threats before they start shooting up schools is similarly obvious, as there have been a number of cases where a suspect was "on the radar", but the authorities never took any preventative action.

That's just off the top of my head. But, no, to liberals, prohibiting honest, law abiding citizens from exercising their fundamental right to own weapons for self-defense is the only solution they will even consider.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-28-2023, 09:16 AM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Look at the language - your question is pure trans hatred. I refuse to engage at that level.
                    There is no hate in that language for trans individuals nor do I hate trans individuals. I feel sorry for trans individuals being openly exploited for money.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yes, let's mock a tragedy with a humorous straw man. How very compassionate of you.

For the record, there is nobody saying we can't prevent school shootings. As I understand it, this is another case where the shooter entered the school through an unsecured side door. So, of course, stepping up school security is an obvious preventative measure (perhaps a law requiring schools to be secured with regular surprise inspections by local law enforcement and fines issued for violations). Armed personnel, including faculty, at every school is another obvious solution. Identifying and addressing threats before they start shooting up schools is similarly obvious, as there have been a number of cases where a suspect was "on the radar", but the authorities never took any preventative action.

That's just off the top of my head. But, no, to liberals, prohibiting honest, law abiding citizens from exercising their fundamental right to own weapons for self-defense is the only solution they will even consider.
                      There are reports that Hale shot the door that he used to enter meaning he may have shot out the lock.

Moreover, this school is apparently attached to a church making security much more difficult.

I'll note that "[Chief Drake] said that the attack was targeted and that had been considering targeting another location – which was not identified – but apparently decided not to because of the level of security around it."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You seem happy to make a bed situation worse. That is not the Christian way.
                        This country has a sort of mass delusion that has been long infused into a large part of it's population: That somehow having free access to guns and the violent crime that allows is worth the ability to some day, maybe, be able to shoot at an invaliding russian tank from your bedroom window. It's really pretty stupid, but just watch as hoards of gun lovers on this site alone take me to task on my 'ignorance' as to how important the 2nd amendment it so our 'safety'.

I am indeed utterly tired of watching people that otherwise are decent and compassionate people argue for the right to let idiots and pschopaths purchase weopons at their local Wal-Mart that can kill a dozen people in as many seconds, who then use them to mow down children in schools, shoppers in malls and so on.

It's a sort of mass insanity that has no known solution.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

This country has a sort of mass delusion that has been long infused into a large part of it's population: That somehow having free access to guns and the violent crime that allows is worth the ability to some day, maybe, be able to shoot at an invaliding russian tank from your bedroom window. It's really pretty stupid, but just watch as hoards of gun lovers on this site alone take me to task on my 'ignorance' as to how important the 2nd amendment it so our 'safety'.

I am indeed utterly tired of watching people that otherwise are decent and compassionate people argue for the right to let idiots and pschopaths purchase weopons at their local Wal-Mart that can kill a dozen people in as many seconds, who then use them to mow down children in schools, shoppers in malls and so on.

Guns have always been readily available in this country for many decades, and even without the restrictions we have in place now, no time in history were there mass shootings to this degree. Even if you ban guns (which is a sheer impossibility both politically and practically) it won't address nor stop the mass psychosis infecting our culture that would drive a young person to mass murder children. There's something deeply troubling and evil causing this problem that needs to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Then, if you don't mind, please explain the reason that Switzerland, where virtually every home has a fully automatic assault rifle in a closet, doesn't have a high rate of shootings if access is the issue.

If that one is too tough, perhaps you would prefer to tackle why cities like Chicago, where the gun laws are strict, experience so many shootings if access is the issue.

POPCORN-best.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              There are reports that Hale shot the door that he used to enter meaning he may have shot out the lock.

Moreover, this school is apparently attached to a church making security much more difficult.

I'll note that "[Chief Drake] said that the attack was targeted and that had been considering targeting another location – which was not identified – but apparently decided not to because of the level of security around it."
                              You are the first person to focus upon the aspect of how security may have failed, so I think that is most important.
                              The political niggles count for little against questions like 'How can such disasters be reduced?'
                              Access control to any school should be a red hot subject, not just in USA but anywhere. And so subjects such as air-conditioning, anti-bandit (+) glazing and composite door systems and how to finance for them, is just huge. Security Officer expenditure is another. ........... and so on..... a big list of 'need-to-do's' and 'how-to-finances'.

Tweaking your gun laws won't help much because there are too many in your system already, and so to move the scrutiny over to building security seems to be a 'must'.
                              Money? Yeah...... how to finance increased protection is the debate, not what anybody thinks 'the left' will say or such junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Well that would indicate that the individual identified as transgender. The BBC article also noted that Hale:

[..] had left a manifesto and had drawn a detailed map of the school, with entry points. Police are now studying those documents.

Is this the first mass shooting in US history carried out by an apparent transgender individual?
                                Had one at a STEM school here in Colorado in Highlands Ranch (suburb of Denver) a few years back.

Comment