Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nashville School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville School Shooting

Six dead including three children and three adults. The shooter, described as a 28 year old woman (although CNN keeps saying "teen"), was also killed.

The school is a private Christian school serving Kindergarten through 6 grade.

Source: Nashville school shooting: Seven fatally shot at Covenant School, including female suspect

hree adults and three children are confirmed dead following a mass shooting Monday morning at The Covenant School, a private Christian school in Nashville. The female suspect was killed in an altercation with police.

Don Aaron, a spokesperson for the Metro Nashville Police Department, said the female suspect, 28, was believed to have entered a side entrance with two assault rifles and a handgun.

"The police department response was swift," Aaron said. "Officers entered the first story of the school and begin clearing it. They heard shots coming from the second level; they immediately went to the gunfire."

The suspect was fatally shot by a five-member police team around 10:27 a.m. in a second floor lobby.

Aaron said seven total people, including the shooter, are confirmed dead.

At the scene of one of the deadliest school shootings in Tennessee history, scores of parents and onlookers gathered in a parking lot, awaiting updates, as helicopters circled the area, surrounded by a residential and busy businesses district.

Crews pulled survivors from the scene.

The school shooting, which occurred around 10:13 a.m., is believed to be the fifth in the Nashville area since 2011, and first since 2018.

'This is shattering':Nashville, TN officials respond to elementary school shooting

Kendra Loney, a spokesperson with Metro Fire, said rescue crews responded and provided life saving efforts to those involved.

One police officer sustained a hand injury as result of cut glass.

Loney said mental health professionals will be available for students and families.

More than 100 faculty and staff were taken by bus to reunification site.

The incident was reported on social media at about 10:30 a.m. at The Covenant School, located at 33 Burton Hills Blvd.

The fire department issued the following statement: “We can confirm we have multiple patients. Parents coming to the school should go to 20 Burton Hills at this time. This is an active scene.”

[...]

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I wonder what the motive of this woman was...

Nashville school shooting: 6 killed including 3 students, shooter dead

Police confirmed that the shooter was a 28-year-old female

Covenant School is a private Christian institution for students up to 6th grade, according to its website.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville...s-shooter-dead
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Cue the "ban scary looking guns" and the rest of the clown parade.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by seer
        Hey, can you delete my thread - I did not see this one...
        NO!

I merged them instead.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          NO!

I merged them instead.
          Strange that it was a woman, I wonder what her motive was... But it looks like the cops acted fast!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
            Already begun on NPR the last couple hours

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Let no crisis go to waste is no different than let no tragedy go unexploited.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

More than likely it's going to be motivated by abuse.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Yep. They don't miss an opportunity. They have already come out shilling for "gun bans"

Comment

The possible socials of the shooter, this is going to be a crazy week/thread.

Edit: Instagram and Web Archive have been scrubbed already.
                    Last edited by Diogenes; 03-27-2023, 04:05 PM.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Just heard that all three children were aged nine and that at some point the shooter attended the school.

Comment

She was transgender - used he/him pronouns...

Comment

Officers have recovered a manifesto and maps of the building relating to "how this is going to take place", said police.

Sky News

Will probably about recent legislation or not being accepted by the church. "Accept trans or die", similar to the domestic terrorism attacks against pro-life crisis pregnancy centers.
                          Last edited by Diogenes; 03-27-2023, 04:42 PM.
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Officers have recovered a manifesto and maps of the building relating to "how this is going to take place", said police.

Sky News

Will probably about recent legislation or not being accepted by the church. "Accept trans or die", similar to the domestic terrorism attacks against pro-life crisis pregnancy centers.
                            Watch the left try and excuse this trans piece of crap...

Comment

A transgender man with a gun shooting Christians makes a little more sense. The reaction will be terrible for trans people.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment