Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nashville School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    A transgender man with a gun shooting Christians makes a little more sense. The reaction will be terrible for trans people.
    This is not the first time trans individuals have used the threat of violence to coax acceptance. just asked Ben Shapiro and the threat was defended with "to be fair".

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

A transgender man with a gun shooting Christians makes a little more sense. The reaction will be terrible for trans people.
      Wow. So you think it is acceptable for a "transgender man" to shoot Christians. You are a sick human being. Or maybe you just identify as a human being.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Considering who the targets were, I kind of figured it would be something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Wow. So you think it is acceptable for a "transgender man" to shoot Christians. You are a sick human being. Or maybe you just identify as a human being.
          He said it made sense, not that it was acceptable. Given that Christianity is one of the biggest means to socially justify refusing trans acceptance (aside from basic reasoning), I would agree that it would make sense to attack a church/school the shooter previously attended.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Just heard that all three children were aged nine and that at some point the shooter attended the school.
            Everything we know about transgender Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale

The shooter who stormed a private Christian elementary school in Nashville on Monday, killing three students and three staffers, was identified as a 28-year-old white transgender woman named Audrey Hale who once attended the school, authorities said.

The suspect — who was killed by officers — was also a Nashville resident, police said. The shooter was later identified as Hale, NBC reported.

Women make up just 2% of mass shooters across the country, according to the Violence Project database, and Monday’s shooter is just the fifth female mass shooter in US history.

[...]

Hale, who said they used he/him pronouns in online profiles was wielding two assault-style rifles and a pistol, was killed by responding officers when they found her on the second floor of the school.

Police said it appears Hale had previously been a student at the school but it wasn’t immediately clear when or for how long.

The school had a protocol for an active shooter, but it wasn’t immediately clear if this was put in place during the shooting. Police said at a press conference Monday afternoon Hale had entered the school through a side door by shooting at it.

Police said they received the initial call about an active shooter at 10:13 a.m. The responding officers quickly began clearing the first story of the school after hearing gunshots coming from the second floor.

The shooter was killed by cops at 10:27 a.m., officials said.

The victims were subsequently pronounced dead at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, according to police.

Officials identified the three slain students as Evelyn Dieckhaus, Hallie Scruggs, and William Kinney, all age 9.

The three faculty members killed were Cynthia Peak and Mike Hill, both 61, and school head Katherine Koonce, 60

The Covenant School is a Presbyterian school for about 200 students from preschool through sixth grade. The school has roughly 50 staff members.

Hale is a biological female who identifies as a male yet folks are calling this a mass shooting by a female.

Personally, I agree, but consistency is being ignored.

Still, I don't think there is any doubt this was a targeted shooting any more.

FsQIQIhWIBc8QjE.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Still, I don't think there is any doubt this was a targeted shooting any more.
              Since transgenderism is a mental illness, how did she get legal firearms...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Obviously an unmitigatedly evil act, but lets not use it to pile on[1] trans people.

There are enough legitimate reasons to oppose the runaway trans moment, specifically wrt kids, but this was one messed up individual and they shouldn't be used to broad brush.

1. rhetorically speaking.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

NPR, which has a long history of favoring strict gun control, actually did a recent piece largely supporting gun ownership -- just as long as the owners are trans it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It is not considered one by the medical establishment.

Obviously an unmitigatedly evil act, but lets not use it to pile on[1] trans people.

There are enough legitimate reasons to oppose the runaway trans moment, specifically wrt kids, but this was one messed up individual and they shouldn't be used to broad brush.

1. rhetorically speaking.

The problem is that if the shooter had the "wrong" characteristics, the Left would and does "pile on" white men when they similarly commit unmitigated evil acts.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

It is not considered one by the medical establishment.

The problem is that if the shooter had the "wrong" characteristics, the Left would and does "pile on" white men when they similarly commit unmitigated evil acts.
                      Agreed.

Be better.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Grow up, for pity’s sake. I mean that it is not the sort of thing that a woman would do, and, Christians and trans people don’t get on. I blame Christians for their lack of compassion and hostility.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          Considering who the targets were, I kind of figured it would be something like this.
                          Yep. Apparently a former student there too

Comment

NPR, which has a long history of favoring strict gun control, actually did a recent piece largely supporting gun ownership -- just as long as the owners are trans it seems.
                            Speaking of NPR, I've listened through 3 news hours, with 3 reports about this shooting on NPR while at work. Not a SINGLE mention of transgenderism or of the shooter being trans.

Comment

Why not? If the roles were reversed they would pile on the rest of us...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Grow up, for pity’s sake. I mean that it is not the sort of thing that a woman would do, and, Christians and trans people don’t get on. I blame Christians for their lack of compassion and hostility.
                                And you just proved my point. You blame Christians. Funny, Nero did the same thing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment