Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Possible Trump Indictment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Consider the source. I wouldn't expect the Associated Press to put anything but a negative spin on this.
    What would be the positive spin?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Ideally, there shouldn't be any spin. Long gone are the days when news outlets reported "just the facts".
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Given that every knows Trump slept with Stormy Daniels and paid her off (is literally anyone seriously disputing that?), and Michael Cohen has done prison time for facilitating the payment on behalf of Trump. it would seem to be a pretty great injustice if Trump is allowed to get away with it.
        I wouldn't want Trump to be indicted just because he is Trump. But I also wouldn't want him to escape indictment just because he is Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
          Breaking News! This just in...:

Extremely Woke and Liberal Anti-Trump Prosecutor may indict Trump.

What a surprise, huh?

Surely this guy is thinking twice. They better stop and think of the cost of such a stunt. It will backfire on them and Trump as usual will walk away looking like .

Given that he ran on I am going to go looking for something to charge Trump with I am not surprised one bit, intact I believe this is a case of trumped up charges from the prosecutor
          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 03-20-2023, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              That this looks like such blatant political weaponization of law enforcement, and that it's so blatant it actually looks like the left wants Trump nominated because they perhaps are more afraid of Desantis?

Comment

I think Bad Orange Man played into the hands of Brandon and his weaponized DOJ by *calling* for protests. They'll do another J6 and make sure any protests turn violent, then use that to create policies to their advantage just in time for the elections.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I wonder... was Bill Clinton arrested for doing pretty much the same thing while he was IN office?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

That this looks like such blatant political weaponization of law enforcement, and that it's so blatant it actually looks like the left wants Trump nominated because they perhaps are more afraid of Desantis?
                    Trust me, the Swamp isn't afraid of DeSantis since he has shown a willingness to accept their money and play by their rules. But all the same, they would much rather see DeSantis play the graceful loser in the mold of John McCain and Mitt Romney than to see Trump win a second term.

So, no, this isn't some clever play to make Trump more popular. Rather, it's exactly what it looks like: a political attack on a popular candidate. In the past couple of weeks, there has been buzz among the talking heads suggesting that support for Trump would dry up if he was indicted, which is what they're desperately hoping will happen.
                    Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-20-2023, 12:39 PM.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      I wonder... was Bill Clinton arrested for doing pretty much the same thing while he was IN office?
                      No, he lied under oath about what he did with Monica while in office which is what they tried to impeach him for.
                      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 03-20-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

No
                        Wow! I wonder..........why not?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Never attribute to malice conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Never attribute to malice conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity.
                            You do have to assume a level of intelligence among the TDS left for that to be true.

Comment

You do have to assume a level of intelligence among the TDS left for that to be true.
                              Yeah I don't think they would have enough brains to come up with that level of scheming. They truly think they can get Trump convicted of a felony so he can't run for public office. Reminds me of Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner. I bet the arrest warrant says "ACME" at the top.
                              Last edited by Sparko; 03-20-2023, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Wow! I wonder..........why not?

I was editing while you answered my post explanation is in the edit.

Comment