Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hunter Biden is Baaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's strange how leftist outlets can barely bring themselves to care about any story that exposes liberal corruption.
    Apparently the woke-ist left forced Bernie to recant, and not the MSM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/13/u...enk-uygur.html

Bernie Sanders Retracts Endorsement of Cenk Uygur After Criticism

Mr. Sanders had said Mr. Uygur was “a voice we desperately need in Congress.” But many Democrats condemned the endorsement, citing Mr. Uygur’s history of offensive comments.

Cenk Uygur is running to fill the seat vacated by former Representative Katie Hill in California’s 25th Congressional District.Credit...Christian Monterrosa/Sipa, via Associated Press

By Jennifer Medina

Published Dec. 13, 2019Updated Jan. 24, 2020LOS ANGELES — Can an endorsement be put back in the bottle?

On Thursday, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont endorsed Cenk Uygur, a progressive talk show host running for a California congressional seat who has a history of making offensivecomments about women, Jews, Muslims and other groups. But he withdrew the endorsement a day later, after facing considerable backlash for his decision, and after Mr. Uygur made an announcement of his own: He was no longer accepting endorsements of any kind...

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    What little suppression there was occurred before the people suppressing it knew what was in it. Twitter thought it was Russian disinformation so suppressed it for a day before deciding it wasn't and ceasing to suppress it. NY Post refused to share the hard drive contents with other media outlets so those outlets got pissed at the NY Post and refused to write any stories about it that they couldn't verify because they didn't have access to the data on the laptop.
    That's a poor excuse: "I'm mad at you for not sharing evidence so I'm not going to run this story." The NYT does that all the time with their unnamed sources, and their leftist media comrades just run their stories as "according to the New York Times ..." In fact, it is so commonplace that whenever I see unnamed sources in any MSM story I will skim down and find "according to the New York Times ..." somewhere in the text.

Literally nobody was like "we know what's in this laptop and it's bad for our side so we must suppress it!"
    That would require mindreading because no one is going to say that.

The Twitter CEO reversed the suppression within 24 hours of it happening and publicly apologized. Not sure what more you want?
    I don't follow Twitter so I don't know specifically what they did, but it seemed (IIRC) they suppressed it for longer than that.

The MSM haven't quite got over being pissed at the NY Post for not sharing the actual data with them, but they've got to the point of admitting that it looks like the laptop is really Hunter's and that there's nothing much interesting in it.
    That "it looks like"? Hunter admitted it is his, and he's now suing because of all the damning evidence of his misdeeds are all over the Internet.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's strange how leftist outlets can barely bring themselves to care about any story that exposes liberal corruption.

TYT is by far the most anti-corruption outlet in US media, and they viciously critique liberal corruption weekly if not daily, just as they do conservative corruption. If the Hunter Biden laptop took down Joe, they would like that, because they're not fans of Joe. But there's just not any serious corruption story in the laptop, so they stick to things that are actually real.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
    I hate to break it to your Rogue, but the left has not gone to extraordinary lengths to silence and discredit it. Leftist outlets I follow can barely bring themselves to care about it at all.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Nothing incriminating or interesting? Seriously? Then why was it suppressed as Russian disinformation during the elections?
    What little suppression there was occurred before the people suppressing it knew what was in it. Twitter thought it was Russian disinformation so suppressed it for a day before deciding it wasn't and ceasing to suppress it. NY Post refused to share the hard drive contents with other media outlets so those outlets got pissed at the NY Post and refused to write any stories about it that they couldn't verify because they didn't have access to the data on the laptop.

Literally nobody was like "we know what's in this laptop and it's bad for our side so we must suppress it!"

It would mean the MSM, social media and YouTube were suppressing boring, non-incriminating real information, and having to admit that 2 years after the fact.
    The Twitter CEO reversed the suppression within 24 hours of it happening and publicly apologized. Not sure what more you want?

The MSM haven't quite got over being pissed at the NY Post for not sharing the actual data with them, but they've got to the point of admitting that it looks like the laptop is really Hunter's and that there's nothing much interesting in it.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Nothing incriminating or interesting? Seriously? Then why was it suppressed as Russian disinformation during the elections? It would mean the MSM, social media and YouTube were suppressing boring, non-incriminating real information, and having to admit that 2 years after the fact.
    But... but Wikipedia said...

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    In spite of the good folks at TYT telling you this and you obediently parroting it, that simply is not true. The way that the left reacted to it demonstrates that. You don't go to such extraordinary lengths to silence and discredit something that's NBD.
    I hate to break it to your Rogue, but the left has not gone to extraordinary lengths to silence and discredit it. Leftist outlets I follow can barely bring themselves to care about it at all.

And aside from a small mountain of evidence that old Joe repeatedly lied through his dentures about knowing nothing about Hunter's business dealings, they demonstrate that "the Big Guy" was receiving a 10% cut for using the Biden name.
    Nope.

When they were discussing setting up their business, one email floated the idea of the "the Big Guy" having a 10% ownership stake. In subsequent drafts of the proposed business structure that idea was dropped. One of the people involved has since stated that the project made no money and that Joe Biden had no involvement.

Not only is there mention of that in the business papers on the lap top but emails to Hunter's sister has him complaining about it.
    News to me. Googling it now, it seems it's his daughter not sister. He complains in 2019 about having to "pay for everything for this entire family for 30 years". Which, seems rather an over-exaggeration since 30 years earlier he was only 19 and hadn't yet gone to law school. But in the following decade he became a high-earning banking executive, so indeed could probably afford to pay things for others in the family. There is indeed some email evidence to suggest he was indeed paying bills for others in his family.

The practice of him paying family bills appears to long predate, by decades, the later international consulting work he got into that Republicans see as potentially corrupt. So I don't think emails/comments about him paying bills can reasonably be read as some form of kick-backs for Joe Biden from Hunter's international consulting work. Whatever the family dynamics are that had Hunter organizing bill payments (and it's not totally clear in the emails that it's always Hunter's own money paying the bills, as opposed to Hunter just managing family accounts out of which the bill payments come from), they long predated the consulting work.

This is the most nakedly corrupt Administration since Grant, but back then it was all of his associates whereas now the rot starts at the head.
    Wow, that's over the top out there insane.
    I would say this is the most boring snooze fest of an administration in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Starlight; 03-18-2023, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    This is the most nakedly corrupt Administration since Grant, but back then it was all of his associates whereas now the rot starts at the head.
    And this corruption is being protected by our wonderfully unbiased news media. If we had an honest news media, this wouldn't have happened.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Sparko, the media's had full copies of what's on the laptop now for years. There's literally nothing incriminating there. It's not the accounting book of a mobster as you creatively put it. It's contents are just not very interesting.
    Nothing incriminating or interesting? Seriously? Then why was it suppressed as Russian disinformation during the elections? It would mean the MSM, social media and YouTube were suppressing boring, non-incriminating real information, and having to admit that 2 years after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimmbulb View Post
    As far as I can see, the 9 page wikipedia article...

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Sparko, the media's had full copies of what's on the laptop now for years. There's literally nothing incriminating there. It's not the accounting book of a mobster as you creatively put it. It's contents are just not very interesting.
    In spite of the good folks at TYT telling you this and you obediently parroting it, that simply is not true. The way that the left reacted to it demonstrates that. You don't go to such extraordinary lengths to silence and discredit something that's NBD.

And aside from a small mountain of evidence that old Joe repeatedly lied through his dentures about knowing nothing about Hunter's business dealings, they demonstrate that "the Big Guy" was receiving a 10% cut for using the Biden name. Not only is there mention of that in the business papers on the lap top but emails to Hunter's sister has him complaining about it.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think I figured out why he is suing Isaac. If he can establish that he owns the data on the laptop and Isaac released it illegally then he can stop all of the media from releasing any of the data or publishing any of it (or even having it), and sue them for what they have already released. That means they can only talk about the case peripherally and not publish anything from the laptop directly. The FBI can still investigate it but if he can get it out of the public eye, I bet he thinks it will fade into the background then he dad can get the investigation buried and then later we will just get a note from the FBI saying "there was nothing in there we could prosecute so we are dropping the investigation" just like they did with Hillary.

It's one thing to be excited, before it's released, that it might turn out to reveal serious dirt on Hunter or Joe. But it's quite another thing, 2 years after it flopped, to think that it will suddenly reveal some sort of important evidence of criminality any day now.

As far as I can see, the 9 page wikipedia article on controversies related to the laptop does not suggest a single thing or single topic that the laptop contains bad information about the Bidens with respect to.

Are you hoping that someone will one day find My_Secret_Diary_File_Of_Massive_Crimes_Committed_W ith_My_Father.doc that previously everyone had completely overlooked?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

The lawyers will get publicity so they will come out ahead - maybe they'll write and sell books later about it. Hunter is the moron. There is absolutely nothing he can get out of this civil suit; no money, no control over the laptop contents, no criminal prosecution of Isaac. All he could possibly end up with is a lot more dirt coming out about him during the civil trial. I think it will blow up in his face. But the guy is so incredibly stupid, definitely the dumbest of the Biden clan.
    Old Joe has frequently informed folks that Hunter is the smartest man he knows.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I wonder if they think they can claim something like "fruit of the poisoned tree" if they can show that the data was "stolen" - and get it all tossed out of any investigation. But I don't think that would work because that only refers to a legal official gaining information illegally, not someone else releasing it, even if they got it illegally. For example if I steal the accounting book of a mobster then turn it over to the FBI, they can use it, but if the FBI stole it illegally, then they can't use it.
    One of the things that they've floated is that the laptop isn't Hunter's but somehow a bunch of his stuff ended up on it (without his permission of course) and he wants that back.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied

I think I figured out why he is suing Isaac. If he can establish that he owns the data on the laptop and Isaac released it illegally then he can stop all of the media from releasing any of the data or publishing any of it (or even having it), and sue them for what they have already released. That means they can only talk about the case peripherally and not publish anything from the laptop directly. The FBI can still investigate it but if he can get it out of the public eye, I bet he thinks it will fade into the background then he dad can get the investigation buried and then later we will just get a note from the FBI saying "there was nothing in there we could prosecute so we are dropping the investigation" just like they did with Hillary.
    Or Hunter is just a privileged spoiled brat of a corrupt political elitist that gets away with everything and is filled with such hubris, he actually thinks this will work.
    Last edited by seanD; 03-17-2023, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment: