Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hunter Biden is Baaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Oh, here's the laptop ...

That actually looks a little like the warehouse at Bass Pro. It's huge.
    The laptop is being examined by Top Men.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The laptop is being examined by Top Men.
      Why can't they be Top Women? Or Top Non-Binary persons?
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by diogenes View Post

why can't they be top women? Or top non-binary persons?
        top.....men.

image_72865.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          What Joe says he wants to discuss is the fact that there had been an article that had made Hunter look good. It doesn't imply anything more nefarious than "Hey man, I saw you in the news! Awesome!"
          Funny way to interpret someone saying "you're in the clear." To me I think that's telling someone that they dodged a bullet -- that the NYT is continuing to carry our water and not investigating any of this.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            I think if they thought there was actually any story there they would run it. WaPo did a story about the laptop a few months back just because the GOP had brought it up with respect to their congressional committee investigating it, and the WaPo's stuck it full of "I'm mad because this evidence wasn't properly shared with us".

The other media sources clearly trust NY Times to do the fact-checking itself in a way they don't trust the NY Post. That's their call. Not necessarily one I would make given how gullible the NY Times was with Cheney's WMD's in Iraq story.

No, I'm saying that none of the people who suppressed the story were in a position to know what was in the laptop. You don't have to mind-read them. They clearly didn't and couldn't know what was in it because they weren't in any position to know (unless you assume they could mindread).

Nope, it was for a less than 24 hour period, 3 weeks before the election.

But the Republicans had quite a long cry over it because they wanted it to be a big story that tanked Joe Biden's election chances, and instead the story just flopped.

I think the flop was partially because there didn't seem to be any actual crimes uncovered, partially because the NY Post wasn't letting anyone else see the laptop contents to confirm them so other outlets were reluctant to run an unconfirmed story. I also recall things Tucker Carlson said and did led me to (wrongly) believe the laptop wasn't real, as he was getting hysterical about "proof" he'd had posted to him related to the laptop story that he was blaming UPS for deliberately stealing at the behest of Biden etc, and every time more details came out about the laptop story (e.g. that the computer repairman was "blind") they always seemed to sound increasingly absurd, so the whole thing sounded totally nuts at the time and I wrote it off. The laptop did turn out to be real, but the right-wing sure did themselves no favors at that time as their actions caused me and others to believe it wasn't real.

Damning evidence of his misdeeds? Like...? Are we still going with the email that briefly floated the idea of starting a business that his father had a 10% share in as a misdeed? Or the serious misdeed where he pays some bills for repairs to the family lake house?

There's just nothing there.

I mean, of course, that won't stop you or others. Republicans did 8 investigations of Benghazi, each of which found more of nothing than the previous one. I'm sure the lack of anything interesting in Hunter's laptop won't stop you theorizing about the massive crimes proven by it for the next decade at least.
            Liberal Media:

ea3fd0e0-d478-47b3-9353-24449ab7a00e_text.gif

Comment

Oh, here's the laptop ...

That actually looks a little like the warehouse at Bass Pro. It's huge.
              Warehouse 13
              RingedIncomparableChevrotain-size_restricted.gif
              Yes. That's an ocean liner stored there

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Warehouse 13
                RingedIncomparableChevrotain-size_restricted.gif
                Yes. That's an ocean liner stored there
                I loved that show. :)

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I loved that show. :)
                  Even for all its goofiness.

Comment

Even for all its goofiness.
                    BECAUSE of all it's goofiness.

Comment

That's my memory of it. When asked where the laptop is, Christopher Wray said he didn't know.
                      That's not quite the same as saying it was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

That's not quite the same as saying it was lost.
                        Nearly. Wray doesn't know where the evidence room/warehouse is located? How about even a general "It's in storage."

Comment

Nearly. Wray doesn't know where the evidence room/warehouse is located? How about even a general "It's in storage."
                          My guess is that he wasn't feeling very cooperative because they asked him about a different subject than he was there to testify about.

If he was feeling cooperative, he would have said, "I'll find out and get back to you on that."

Comment

The entire claim that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation never made any sense from the get go. I mean, what do they think happened? That the Russians set up a small computer repair shop in Delaware hoping that eventually a prominent politician's drug addled spawn would drop off his laptop and then forget all about it as he's busy bedding his brother's grieving widow, frolicking with underage hookers, illegally buying firearms and knocking up strippers?

Seriously?

Comment

The entire claim that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation never made any sense from the get go. I mean, what do they think happened? That the Russians set up a small computer repair shop in Delaware hoping that eventually a prominent politician's drug addled spawn would drop off his laptop and then forget all about it as he's busy bedding his brother's grieving widow, frolicking with underage hookers, illegally buying firearms and knocking up strippers?

Seriously?
                              The plausibility of the claim was irrelevant because the Democrat party knew their idiot constituents would uncritically believe it.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's also the tip of the iceberg. The House Oversight Committee recently obtained access to the bank records of Hunter Biden’s business associates which have already revealed that over $1 million dollars were transferred from a Chinese energy company, State Energy HK Limited, through a Biden family associate John "Rob" Walker[1] and into accounts connected to President Biden's family -- specifically, Hunter, old Joe's crooked brother James, his daughter-in-law Hallie, and an account that's just named "Biden."

That latter account got twice times as much at $70,000 as compared to what Beau Biden's widow received at $35,000.

1. According to the New York Post, Walker is a former Clinton administration official whose wife, Betsy Massey Walker, was an assistant to second lady Jill Biden during Joe Biden’s vice presidency.
                                They asked old Joe about this and he seemed confused so the situation was explained to him and he responded with a goofy grin and declared it's not true.

You know, just like he told us that he never talked to Hunter about his business dealings.

And like he told us that the laptop was clearly nothing but Russian disinformation.

Comment