Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Eleanor Williams shows no significant sign of remorse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Police order her to desist.

She responds by threatening him and continuing for at least two more months.

I guess the cops in NZ are pretty much a joke.
    I reckon that they are pretty much shackled by public opinion.
    That woman looks to be in need of mental health support, and if cops are too fierce then they'll get battered by the media.

Comment

Police order her to desist.

She responds by threatening him and continuing for at least two more months.

I guess the cops in NZ are pretty much a joke.
      ? But the victim was a man. Obviously he deserved it.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

I reckon that they are pretty much shackled by public opinion.
        That woman looks to be in need of mental health support, and if cops are too fierce then they'll get battered by the media.
        Meanwhile the victim of her criminal behavior was expected to grin and bear it while the police kept looking the other way for months.

As I said, cops in NZ are pretty much a joke.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Meanwhile the victim of her criminal behavior was expected to grin and bear it while the police kept looking the other way for months.
          The actions of a mentally ill person..... beyond reason of the mind..... are not considered to be criminal. You'll learn in time.

As I said, cops in NZ are pretty much a joke.
          Huh? I'm laughing at you.

Comment

The actions of a mentally ill person..... beyond reason of the mind..... are not considered to be criminal. You'll learn in time.
            I guess in your mind that excused her behavior and should allow her to continue unchecked and to even threaten to falsely accuse him of rape.

Considering that you think arresting people for silently praying is a grand idea, what you think is not exactly an opinion I value.

So, by ignoring the situation for a few months after they order her to desist, and allowing the situation to worsen, what else beside contempt should anyone feel for them?

(And yes, I'm fully aware that after telling you I don't really care what you think, I asked you for your opinion).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

At least in the USA, a mentally ill person can still be considered guilty. If they still know the difference between right or wrong, they can be found guilty. Just because someone is mentally ill doesn't mean they don't understand that what they are doing is wrong. They just don't care. Take a sociopath for example. He might murder because he enjoys it. He knows it is wrong, but he doesn't care. Now if someone is completely delusional, and kills someone because he thinks they are space aliens out to kill him, he could be found not guilty by reason of insanity. But he would also be locked up in a mental institution until they could get him sane enough to reenter society.

I don't think this woman is insane enough to not stand trial as a criminal. She knows she was lying and did it on purpose. She just figured she wouldn't be caught or didn't care.

Comment

I guess in your mind that excused her behavior and should allow her to continue unchecked and to even threaten to falsely accuse him of rape.
                Duh...... My mind thought that the judge's summing up took all in to consideration.
                He took her immaturity, childhood and young adulthood in to consideration before imprisoning her for 8.5 years, 4 of those to be incarceration.

Lack of reason of mind is a defence or a mitigation in criminal trials here.

Considering that you think arresting people for silently praying is a grand idea, what you think is not exactly an opinion I value.
                A lie. You can't find a post of mine where I supported the arresting of folks for praying, openly or silently.
                All the way through I wrote that just being there was enough. I wrote 'If she had crawled down that road in a Mr Snowman outfit' then she had committed an offence.

You, however, at first wanted to kick a praying person out of your field with your 'That's private not public' Only later diod you need to think about that.

So, by ignoring the situation for a few months after they order her to desist, and allowing the situation to worsen, what else beside contempt should anyone feel for them?

(And yes, I'm fully aware that after telling you I don't really care what you think, I asked you for your opinion).
                She was convicted and imprisoned!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

At least in the USA, a mentally ill person can still be considered guilty. If they still know the difference between right or wrong, they can be found guilty. Just because someone is mentally ill doesn't mean they don't understand that what they are doing is wrong. They just don't care. Take a sociopath for example. He might murder because he enjoys it. He knows it is wrong, but he doesn't care. Now if someone is completely delusional, and kills someone because he thinks they are space aliens out to kill him, he could be found not guilty by reason of insanity. But he would also be locked up in a mental institution until they could get him sane enough to reenter society.
                  That's not dissimilar to our system here.
                  This girl/woman was clearly nutty, but the judge classed that as 'young and immature' and locked her up. She will get as much help as possible while in prison.

I don't think this woman is insane enough to not stand trial as a criminal. She knows she was lying and did it on purpose.
                  Are you agreeing with what we did? That's great news!
                  Only she did not stand trial as a criminal, she stood trial as a defendant. She only became a criminal after the jury convicted her. You should know that, I think.

She just figured she wouldn't be caught or didn't care.
                  We never found out what she figured. That may surface during any help that she gets while in prison.

Comment

Duh...... My mind thought that the judge's summing up took all in to consideration.
                    He took her immaturity, childhood and young adulthood in to consideration before imprisoning her for 8.5 years, 4 of those to be incarceration.
                    That does not address the inaction of the police as she continued with the harassment and even stepped up her game with threats of filing false rape charges after they ordered her to desist.

A lie. You can't find a post of mine where I supported the arresting of folks for praying, openly or silently.
                    There is an entire thread on it where you do so although you comically pretend that wasn't what happened.

All the way through I wrote that just being there was enough. I wrote 'If she had crawled down that road in a Mr Snowman outfit' then she had committed an offence.
                    But she did none of that. And it wasn't illegal to be there. Just illegal to be there and silently praying. Praying was what made it a criminal offense. She was therefore arrested for silently praying.

And you thought that was grand.

You, however, at first wanted to kick a praying person out of your field with your 'That's private not public' Only later diod you need to think about that.
                    You are confused. I said that I'd let them continue but wanted them to leave when they finished.

She was convicted and imprisoned!
                    Only after the police failed miserably in their duty and allowed her to continue and even greatly increase her "reign of terror" for a couple more months.

I mean, to use an extreme analogy, would you cheer the cops for ignoring someone as they raped another person for a few months, when they eventually decided that they should do their job?

Comment

There is an entire thread on it where you do so although you comically pretend that wasn't what happened.
                      ...an entire thread where I repeatedly wrote that I have nothing against people praying anywhere and anyhow, even in my own field if I had one.
                      You, not so much.
                      You distort posts quite badly... in my opinion.

Comment

...an entire thread where I repeatedly wrote that I have nothing against people praying anywhere and anyhow, even in my own field if I had one.
                        You, not so much.
                        You distort posts quite badly... in my opinion.
                        You spent a lot of time cheerleading her arrest for silent praying in that thread.

Your memory is faulty.

Comment

You spent a lot of time cheerleading her arrest for silent praying in that thread.

Your memory is faulty.
                          You can squawk out as many false claims as you like, but all you will find are my constantly repetitions that 'including prayer in the Order is/was daft'.... 'the PC didn't arrest that woman for praying'...... etc etc....

On the other hand, as soon as the right to pray in any field belonging to you was raised you kind of ground to a halt with your howling 'That's private...no public' .
                          You did need to change your mind about that, but I don't think I believe you about that.

Your ideas about Freedom are very very dodgy, imo.

Comment

You can squawk out as many false claims as you like, but all you will find are my constantly repetitions that 'including prayer in the Order is/was daft'.... 'the PC didn't arrest that woman for praying'...... etc etc........
                            She wasn't arrested for standing there.
                            She wasn't arrested for protesting.
                            She wasn't arrested until she confessed that "maybe" she was "praying in her head".

Since we agree that the prohibition against prayer is bogus, she should be issued an apology for disrupting her (maybe) prayer life.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

She wasn't arrested for standing there.
                              She wasn't arrested for protesting.
                              She wasn't arrested until she confessed that "maybe" she was "praying in her head".

Since we agree that the prohibition against prayer is bogus, she should be issued an apology for disrupting her (maybe) prayer life.

Comment

You can squawk out as many false claims as you like, but all you will find are my constantly repetitions that 'including prayer in the Order is/was daft'.... 'the PC didn't arrest that woman for praying'...... etc etc....

On the other hand, as soon as the right to pray in any field belonging to you was raised you kind of ground to a halt with your howling 'That's private...no public' .
                                You did need to change your mind about that, but I don't think I believe you about that.

Your ideas about Freedom are very very dodgy, imo.
                                You seem to be a nice guy although not the "brightest bulb in the socket." Aside from grossly misstating what I wrote you have a real issue with understanding the difference between public and private property.

Comment