Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Eleanor Williams shows no significant sign of remorse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleanor Williams shows no significant sign of remorse.

I have never before seen a Crown Court Judge's summing up a case (in full) on BBC television's main news channel (live) before passing sentence upon a convict.

News reports on the media can explain Eleanor's horrifying perversions of the course of justice much better than I can, enough for me to say that she accused several Muslim men of forcing her in to sex trafficking including violence and rape, as well as one white man. The accused men had their businesses and homes harassed, daubed with paint slogans, and they were too frightened to go in to their shopping centres for fear of attacks. Mobs (reported as being right wing extremists) fueled massive demonstrations against Asians in 'Barrow in Furness' and three of these men felt that their situations were so beyond truth or help that they attempted suicide. The white man, a young father, explained to a news team that he lived in fear under remand for a long time, never getting to see his young son.

Pictures of the convict show how far she was prepared to go by injuring herself badly with a hammer that she purchased from a local store.

It's probably best to research all this individually, and it looks as if the Asian communities have been so badly damaged by these wicked accusations that it was thought necessary to publish the entire Summing-Up on BBC News live television.

We heard later that the Judge sentenced Eleanor to 8.5 years with at least half of that term to be served in prison. He explained that because the convict committed these offences (both) as a minor and as a young adult, with signs of immaturity, that this sentence was decided upon.

Many cases of false allegations about sex attacks and perversions of justice occur in the UK justice system, and these not only hinder genuine cases but ruin people's lives. But this is the most published case that I have ever heard of.

One link, but there are scores.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/news...c11e96e7&ei=29

Mental illness

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      Mental illness
      Definitely. Must be desperate for attention.

We actually had one female member here on tweb many years ago that came on here making all sorts of claims about how she was abused and raped by people in her life (no accusations of anyone on tweb). She even signed up with sock puppets as other people to corroborate her tales, and got one of our members completely tied up in her web, to the point that he thought he was going to be her boyfriend and rescue her. Then it all unraveled when she started making claims that were so out there that we couldn't believe it any longer and we noticed the sock puppets. It was bizarre.

Munchausen syndrome (not Munchausen by Proxy but imposed upon themselves).

Factitious disorder imposed on self, also known as Munchausen syndrome, is a factitious disorder in which those affected feign or induce disease, illness, injury, abuse, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves. Munchausen syndrome fits within the subclass of factitious disorder with predominantly physical signs and symptoms, but patients also have a history of recurrent hospitalization, travelling, and dramatic, extremely improbable tales of their past experiences
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factit...mposed_on_self

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Definitely. Must be desperate for attention.

We actually had one female member here on tweb many years ago that came on here making all sorts of claims about how she was abused and raped by people in her life (no accusations of anyone on tweb). She even signed up with sock puppets as other people to corroborate her tales, and got one of our members completely tied up in her web, to the point that he thought he was going to be her boyfriend and rescue her. Then it all unraveled when she started making claims that were so out there that we couldn't believe it any longer and we noticed the sock puppets. It was bizarre.
        Then there was the one gal who falsely claimed to have gotten aids through promiscuous sex and then later had a sock puppet report that she was in the hospital and dying. Normal people simply don't do things like that.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Then there was the one gal who falsely claimed to have gotten aids through promiscuous sex and then later had a sock puppet report that she was in the hospital and dying. Normal people simply don't do things like that.
          I think that was the same person I was talking about. I don't remember all of the details but it was WAAAAAY out there towards the end.

Comment

I think that was the same person I was talking about. I don't remember all of the details but it was WAAAAAY out there towards the end.
            I only caught the tail end of that drama, which ended with her supposedly "dying" from aids. When the truth finally came out, I found it all very strange.

Comment

There is also the issue that a woman can falsely accuse a man of rape for a variety of reasons, immediately be declared a victim with the accused facing a long prison stretch, and if she admits she made it up, typically there are little to no consequences for her for what she did.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

“Hey, I tell you what is. Big city, hmm? Live, work, huh? But not city only. Only peoples. Peoples is peoples. No is buildings. Is tomatoes, huh? Is peoples, is dancing, is music, is potatoes. So, peoples is peoples. Okay?”

Manhattan Pete, the Muppet Show
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  There is also the issue that a woman can falsely accuse a man of rape for a variety of reasons, immediately be declared a victim with the accused facing a long prison stretch, and if she admits she made it up, typically there are little to no consequences for her for what she did.
                  The excuse is that punishing the woman in these cases will make genuine sexual abuse victims more reluctant to come forward. I'm not sure I buy that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The excuse is that punishing the woman in these cases will make genuine sexual abuse victims more reluctant to come forward. I'm not sure I buy that.
                    Also, they want the woman to admit she made it up and say if she gets punished that women will be reluctant to admit it. But wouldn't that be true about pressing false charges about any crime?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A similar case with false accusations

Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/woman-sends-1000-angry-texts-after-tinder-dates-disinterest/RI5FSTHPCZCFDP2N2KG25GUZEM/

Woman sent 1000 angry texts after Tinder date’s disinterest, court hears

A woman who felt cast aside after a date sent the man one thousand belligerent texts and accused him of abuse on Instagram.

When he called the police, Karen Butterworth told him to withdraw the charge or she would accuse him of rape.

The 40-year-old assistant accountant said she felt hurt and used after they were intimate but that was no excuse for the sheer number of insulting messages she fired, including one calling him a “fatty”, her lawyer, Sam Galler, told the Manukau District Court in South Auckland at her sentencing on Monday afternoon.

Butterworth knew the man briefly from work before the two reconnected on Tinder in 2020 and dated.

According to a court summary, the man was unclear and inconsistent in what he wanted for the relationship.

She was already sending him numerous unwanted texts, but her messages became abusive when he said he no longer wanted to be friends.

When he blocked her on his personal phone, she sent messages and voicemail to his work phone.

He called the police, who told her to desist or there could be consequences.

She didn’t stop, calling the victim the same day, and later threatening to accuse him of rape and assault if he did not withdraw his police report.

Over the following two months, she would go on to fire a further 1000 abusive and belligerent messages saying she would ruin his life, job, and reputation.

She then made an Instagram post tagging the man’s personal and work profiles, saying he abused and threatened to kill her.

She also posted a screenshot of two unkind and demeaning messages he sent her.

The man’s two comments were hurtful but the response was “out of all proportion”, Judge Sharyn Otene said when declining Butterworth’s request for a discharge without conviction at the Manukau District Court.

Her offending was serious and has the potential to undermine real victims of violence - “Even in the face of police warning she did not desist,” the judge said.

Making false rape accusations and allegations of male violence, especially on social media, defeats legitimate narratives of sexual and physical violence, she continued.

“It had the potential to undermine actual victims of those crimes, and to undermine wider public interest in ensuring actual perpetrators are held accountable,” Judge Otene said.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/woman-sends-1000-angry-texts-after-tinder-dates-disinterest/RI5FSTHPCZCFDP2N2KG25GUZEM/

A woman who felt cast aside after a date sent the man one thousand belligerent texts and accused him of abuse on Instagram.

When he called the police, Karen Butterworth told him to withdraw the charge or she would accuse him of rape.

The 40-year-old assistant accountant said she felt hurt and used after they were intimate but that was no excuse for the sheer number of insulting messages she fired, including one calling him a “fatty”, her lawyer, Sam Galler, told the Manukau District Court in South Auckland at her sentencing on Monday afternoon.

Butterworth knew the man briefly from work before the two reconnected on Tinder in 2020 and dated.

According to a court summary, the man was unclear and inconsistent in what he wanted for the relationship.

She was already sending him numerous unwanted texts, but her messages became abusive when he said he no longer wanted to be friends.

When he blocked her on his personal phone, she sent messages and voicemail to his work phone.

He called the police, who told her to desist or there could be consequences.

She didn’t stop, calling the victim the same day, and later threatening to accuse him of rape and assault if he did not withdraw his police report.

Over the following two months, she would go on to fire a further 1000 abusive and belligerent messages saying she would ruin his life, job, and reputation.

She then made an Instagram post tagging the man’s personal and work profiles, saying he abused and threatened to kill her.

She also posted a screenshot of two unkind and demeaning messages he sent her.

The man’s two comments were hurtful but the response was “out of all proportion”, Judge Sharyn Otene said when declining Butterworth’s request for a discharge without conviction at the Manukau District Court.

Her offending was serious and has the potential to undermine real victims of violence - “Even in the face of police warning she did not desist,” the judge said.

Making false rape accusations and allegations of male violence, especially on social media, defeats legitimate narratives of sexual and physical violence, she continued.

“It had the potential to undermine actual victims of those crimes, and to undermine wider public interest in ensuring actual perpetrators are held accountable,” Judge Otene said.

Police order her to desist.

She responds by threatening him and continuing for at least two more months.

I guess the cops in NZ are pretty much a joke.

Comment

A woman who felt cast aside after a date sent the man one thousand belligerent texts and accused him of abuse on Instagram. [...]

There's a lot of crazy in the world. One of the reasons I've not had much interest in dating sites.

Comment

I wasn't mod at that time, but yeah. Same person.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

[HYPERCITE=https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/woman-sends-1000-angry-texts-after-tinder-dates-disinterest/RI5FSTHPCZCFDP2N2KG25GUZEM/]Woman sent 1000 angry texts after Tinder date’s disinterest, court hears
                              Dreadful....... Convicted Sexual Offences lead to the Sexual Offences Register (UK) which is a 'whole life' chain around any neck.
                              A massive % of allegations (UK) are without adequate evidence and because of this I see increasing pressure being brought upon our Crown Prosecution Service to prosecute all alleged/more offenders.
                              Charged persons awaiting trial on remand can find themselves in extreme danger before they have even defended their cases.
                              The situation here now is that even an accusation can bring down a reputation.

Deliberate perjurers can be sentenced to probation or imprisonment but there is no public register of such vexatious litigants.

Comment