Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jane Fonda on pro-lifers: murder them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Fonda on pro-lifers: murder them

Source: Jane Fonda Offers Final Solution to Pro-Lifers, ‘Murder’ Them

Far-left extremist Jane Fonda said the quiet part out loud during her Friday appearance on ABC’s The View while hawking her new movie. When asked by co-host Joy Behar for a solution to the proliferation of pro-life laws around the country, the communist, anti-American activist declared that “it does involve murder” of Republican politicians. Fonda even shot a dirty look when Behar tried to claim she was “just joking.”

“We have experienced many decades now of having agency over our body, of being able to determine when and how many children to have. We know what that feels like. We know what that's done for our lives. We're not going back. I don't care what the laws are. We're not going back,” Fonda proclaimed ahead of her call for murdering Republicans.

Adding: “It's true. It's the truth. We're not going to do it. We’re going to fight.” To this, racist Sunny Hostin suggested that Fonda was set to “get a Nobel Prize very, very soon.”

Behar then asked Fonda for a better solution than just “marching and protesting,” for which Fonda proclaimed “it does involve murder.” She even reiterated it when her friend Lily Tomlin asked for clarification:

BEHAR: Besides marching and protesting, what else do you suggest?

FONDA: Well, it does involve murder.

LILY TOMLIN: Well, it doesn't happen overnight. It's not a miraculous – What did you say?

FONDA: Murder.

Behar immediately jumped in to attempt to defuse Fonda’s incendiary remark, suggesting, “She's kidding. Wait a second, she’s just kidding … She’s just kidding.” “Don’t say that,” Tomlin told Fonda.

“Oh, you don’t know. They'll pick up on that and just run with it,” Behar warned her. “Yeah, that’s the worst,” Tomlin agreed.

But as Behar was trying to talk her guest down, Fonda shot her a dirty look which drew laughs from The View cast and audience.

Obviously aware that Fonda was not “just kidding,” Hostin nervously suggested they change the subject. “Let's move on and talk about Jane's activism which is legendary,” she praised.

Fonda’s demand that Republican blood be spilled came at a time when Republicans have had their lives threatened and taken by liberal extremists. Last year, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Bret Kavanaugh and his family were the target of an attempted assassination, New York gubernatorial nominee Lee Zeldin fought off an attacker during a speech at a campaign stop, two New Jersey city council members Eunice Dwumfour and Russell Heller were gunned down in cold blood, and that’s not to mention the series of terrorist attacks on pro-life centers.

The rhetoric from Fonda was deadly serious and The View should have condemned her instead of trying to play it off.

In a statement to Fox News Friday evening, Fonda suggested "my comment on The View was obviously made in jest. My body language and tone made it clear to those in the room - and to anyone watching - that I was using hyperbole to make a point."

Adding: "Women across the country are facing real threats when it comes to our bodies, and people lose faith in our mission to protect women when others choose to focus on tangential issues and passing jokes instead of the actual problem at hand."

But given Hostin's nervous attempt to change the subject, it wasn't so obvious even to the cast of The View.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Bolding in the original*]

Given that she was multiple chances to say or merely agree that she was joking, with her colleagues virtually begging her to do so, and her refusal to do so, her later statement should be taken with a rather large grain of salt.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

And Peter Fonda suggested Barron Trump (12 at the time) should be "put in a cage with pedophiles.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/polit...ice/index.html

What a lovely Leftist family.

Comment

Nobody should be surprised, because the left is of their father, the devil, who seeks to steal, kill and destroy.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Nobody should be surprised, because the left is of their father, the devil, who seeks to steal, kill and destroy.
        It should absolutely come as no surprise that someone who thinks that murdering unborn babies by the millions is fine would also have no problem with murdering adults who want to protect those babies, or anyone else who disagrees with them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Abortionists advocate murdering unborn children, so ti's hardly surprising that they would advocate murdering those who oppose them.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Fonda claimed afterward that her "expression" clued everyone in that she was only joking. Her expression was that of being deadly serious. Either that, or it was frozen in that state by the Botox.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Fonda claimed afterward that her "expression" clued everyone in that she was only joking. Her expression was that of being deadly serious. Either that, or it was frozen in that state by the Botox.
              That was my take, too. She sure looked like she meant it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Given that she was multiple chances to say or merely agree that she was joking, with her colleagues virtually begging her to do so, and her refusal to do so, her later statement should be taken with a rather large grain of salt.
                Well they kill their own babies, why not us...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It appeared to me that she was just kidding. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                    What if a pro-lifer had made that comment about abortion providers, and then announced they were "just kidding"?

What would be your reaction to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                      I mean she had numerous chances there to agree while they were trying desperately to say she was kidding, yet she didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I mean she had numerous chances there to agree while they were trying desperately to say she was kidding, yet she didn't.
                        Did you not see the death stare that indicate se was obviously joking?
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

What if a pro-lifer had made that comment about abortion providers, and then announced they were "just kidding"?

What would be your reaction to that?
                          Particularly after refusing to do so when virtually begged to do so at the time of the remarks, and then only much later, decide that you were just joking.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Precisely. And then much later, after the backlash began to build, and likely after multiple angry calls from her agent, she declares she was only kidding.

Nope. Not buying it.

Comment

Source: https://americanindependent.com/donald-trump-jokes-offensive-comments-coronavirus-testing-russia-isis-white-house/

Trump has repeatedly insisted throughout his presidency that his dangerous, misleading, or outright offensive remarks are simply jokes, usually following intense backlash.

Trump has repeatedly insisted throughout his presidency that his dangerous, misleading, or outright offensive remarks are simply jokes, usually following intense backlash.

The White House is once again in damage control mode after Donald Trump said at a campaign rally on Saturday that he purposefully asked for coronavirus testing to be slowed down because too many tests were coming back positive.

"Here's the bad part, when you test the, when you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people, you're going to find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down please!" Trump said in Tulsa, Oklahoma. "They test and they test. We had tests, the people don't know what's going on. We got tests. We got another one over here. The young man's 10 years old. He's got the sniffles. He'll recover in about 15 minutes. That's a case. Add him too, that's a case."

The comments were immediately met with backlash, as Americans struggled for weeks to obtain coronavirus tests at the outset of the pandemic. Public health experts say the tests are a helpful tool to identify outbreaks and slow the spread of the virus.

To stop the criticism, Trump's aides reverted to one of their tried and true tactics when Trump finds himself embroiled in controversy: They claimed the comment was just a joke.

Trump trade adviser Peter Navarro said on Sunday that Trump was "obviously kidding" when he made that remark. And White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump's "slow the testing down" comment was made "in jest."

Trump, however, did not say he was joking. In an interview with Scripps television released on Monday, Trump wouldn't answer when he was asked if he was joking about asking for testing to be slowed down.

Here are 10 other times Trump or his defenders claimed his offensive or off-color remarks were just jokes.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment