Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is It Okay To Be White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

When it speaks of "Scripture" what is being reference? What specific reference? All that says is the consequences of what will happen in regard to the stone (i.e Jesus). Nothing there says go and kill non-believers. The natural end of the non-believer is destruction.
    Reading comprehension problem is indeed based on your agenda. The whole parable is indeed based on the consequences of the rejection of the prophets and Jesus Christ, and as specifically cited the penalty is physical death and you are ignoring it.

This specific reference: seeing that whoso falls upon it, while he is thereby broken in pieces, shall be saved; but on whomsoever this stone falls, he will be ground to dust and his ashes scattered to the four winds."
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Reading comprehension problem is indeed based on your agenda. The whole parable is indeed based on the consequences of the rejection of the prophets and Jesus Christ, and as specifically cited the penalty is physical death and you are ignoring it.

This specific reference: seeing that whoso falls upon it, while he is thereby broken in pieces, shall be saved; but on whomsoever this stone falls, he will be ground to dust and his ashes scattered to the four winds."
      "Reading comprehension problem is indeed based on your agenda" Et tu, Brute?

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

"Reading comprehension problem is indeed based on your agenda" Et tu, Brute?
        Please respond to the bold, and describe how this not referring to the punishment of physical death for dis belief, which is the theme of the parable.

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

This specific reference:seeing that whoso falls upon it, while he is thereby broken in pieces, shall be saved; but on whomsoever this stone falls, he will be ground to dust and his ashes scattered to the four winds."
          What is the problem? If you reject Christ you will be destroyed.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Please respond to the bold, and describe how this not referring to the punishment of physical death for dis belief, which is the theme of the parable.

Seeing as you don't seem to understand the reference to Isaiah and that parables, by nature, aren't literal, I see no reason to continue.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Seeing as you don't seem to understand the reference to Isaiah and that parables, by nature, aren't literal, I see no reason to continue.
              References to the OT are oft used to justify forced conversion. Conversion by Sword as referenced.

Frank

Comment

Reading comprehension problem is indeed based on your agenda.
                Oh the delicious unintended

IRON--E.jpg

Shuny is as good at this as Charles Manson was at interpreting Helter Skelter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Oh the delicious unintended

IRON--E.jpg

Shuny is as good at this as Charles Manson was at interpreting Helter Skelter.
                  Carrying around that big iron 'E' all the time must be getting heavy and rusty.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

What is the problem? If you reject Christ you will be destroyed.
                    'Forced conversion' based on the threat of the consequences often used by those of authority and power in the past and recently?

Frank

Comment

'Forced conversion' based on the threat of the consequences often used by those of authority and power in the past and recently?
                      What are you taking about? The point is if you reject Christ you will face consequences, just as if you violate the laws of the land you will face consequences. That is not forced conversion.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

What are you taking about? The point is if you reject Christ you will face consequences, just as if you violate the laws of the land you will face consequences. That is not forced conversion.
                        Oh yes!!! The threat of destruction is the basis for the history of 'forced conversion in Christianity as cited before. If you threaten someone with physical destruction that is the threat of 'conversion by the sword' as cited through the long history of Christianity since Constantine.

Frank

Comment

Oh yes!!! The threat of destruction is the basis for the history of 'forced conversion in Christianity as cited before. If you threaten someone with physical destruction that is the threat of 'conversion by the sword' as cited through the long history of Christianity since Constantine.
                          That has nothing to do with Scripture, there is NO forced conversion in the New Testament. It only presents the consequences of rejecting Christ. Just as the law of the land does not force the rapist not to rape. He has a choice. And Islam is the only religion today practicing forced conversions.
                          Last edited by seer; 03-19-2023, 12:19 PM.

Comment

That has nothing to do with Scripture, there is NO forced conversion in the New Testament. It only presents the consequences of rejecting Christ. Just as the law of the land does not force the rapist not to rape. He has a choice. And Islam is the only religion today practicing forced conversions.
                            In the NEw Testament as it was written, edited and compiled no. but later Conversion by the Sword beginning with Constantine, Charlemagne and up until the missionary schools operated by the main churches who sincerely believed they were doing the will of God. The parable cited is more than sufficient evidence that it can be used to justify threating conversion under penalty of death, and forced conversion by other means necessary.

Frank

Comment

In the NEw Testament as it was written, edited and compiled no. but later Conversion by the Sword beginning with Constantine, Charlemagne and up until the missionary schools operated by the main churches who sincerely believed they were doing the will of God. The parable cited is more than sufficient evidence that it can be used to justify threating conversion under penalty of death, and forced conversion by other means necessary.
                              So what? I'm not responsible for what Christians did or didn't do. They, like me, will have to give an accounting to God...

Comment

The earlier comparison to a warning that the bridge is out was apt.

If someone warns you that the bridge ahead is out, even if they add that continuing to drive ahead will result in you driving off a cliff and likely dying as a result, there is no compulsion involved anywhere.

And if someone were to take it upon themselves to try to forcibly stop others from ignoring the warning and going ahead, that is a decision they would be making wholly on their own, even if they thought it was for the person's own good.

There is nothing in the warning commanding others to forcibly act.

Just like a warning to eat more vegetables is not some sort of green light for someone to make you do so --- well, except maybe your mother.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment