Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is It Okay To Be White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Assertion for a bail out. Apparently, yes based on the above the ambiguity and inconsistence of the Bible assures everybody is wrong. Well ah . . . it does result many denominations, wars between sects of Christianity, and persecution against other Christians, Jews and other religions.

We are not talking about 'simple temporal matters,' but two millennia of 'conversion by the sword' up to operating recently missionary schools for the 'forced conversion of Native Americans.
    The First Crusade was a response to the Turkish invasion of the Byzantine Empire, the use of religion was a diversion and a means to unite a Christendom what was preoccupied with infighting.

The Protestant Reformation was first and foremost a reaction to the obvious corruption of the RCC and the RCC refused to accept rebuke that attacked the source of wealth for the temporal Papal States. History is complicated.

No where in the NT will you find support for forced conversion as if there was, you would have posted it by now.

Christianity's history anti-Semitism is incoherent assuming the Cruxifixction was part of God's plan of salvation.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

The First Crusade was a response to the Turkish invasion of the Byzantine Empire, the use of religion was a diversion and a means to unite a Christendom what was preoccupied with infighting.

The Protestant Reformation was first and foremost a reaction to the obvious corruption of the RCC and the RCC refused to accept rebuke that attacked the source of wealth for the temporal Papal States. History is complicated.

No where in the NT will you find support for forced conversion as if there was, you would have posted it by now.

Christianity's history anti-Semitism is incoherent assuming the Cruxifixction was part of God's plan of salvation.
      Again . . . this cannot be waved away and dismissed as 'not necessarily indicative of the actual texts.' Forced conversion, persecution, and ethnic cleansing goes far beyond the above, and rationalization and justification based on an agenda fails.

As I said before based on the above Christianity fails due to ambiguity and conflicting ancient texts.

In the above times 'It was OK to be White,' but you better be in the right church.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-16-2023, 10:51 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Thank you for demonstrating my point.
        The point was those that committed 'forced conversion believed they were following the will of God.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Again . . . this cannot be waved away and dismissed as 'not necessarily indicative of the actual texts.' Forced conversion, persecution, and ethnic cleansing goes far beyond the above, and rationalization and justification based on an agenda fails.

As I said before based on the above Christianity fails due to ambiguity and conflicting ancient texts.

In the above times 'It was OK to be White,' but you better be in the right church.
          What "agenda" would I, a non-Christian, have?

No where in the Bible is there ambiguity to justify forced conversion, persecution, or ethic cleansing. Using the Bible to do so is, as you would say, rationalization and justification based on an agenda.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The parable reflects the teaching of Jesus that non0believers are subject to the death penalty.
            The parable, which can be found in all three of the Synoptics, is about those who have rejected the prophets and Jesus will not inherit the kingdom but will be cast out and destroyed (i.e., they will not gain eternal life). Nothing whatsoever to do with forcible conversion as your fevered mind imagines. I mean, not even remotely close.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The point was those that committed 'forced conversion believed they were following the will of God.
              What some folks may erroneously believe is not the point. Some folks believe that the moon landing is a hoax and that the earth is flat. Believing it to be so does not alter reality and suddenly make it so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The parable, which can be found in all three of the Synoptics, is about those who have rejected the prophets and Jesus will not inherit the kingdom but will be cast out and destroyed (i.e., they will not gain eternal life). Nothing whatsoever to do with forcible conversion as your fevered mind imagines. I mean, not even remotely close.
                It's strange that the Pharisees believed Jesus was speaking of them and yet Shuny believes otherwise. Methinks there is an agenda afoot.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Methinks there is an agenda afoot.
                  Ya think? The fact is Shuny likes to attack Christianity because, well, his religion hasn't amounted to much.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

What some folks may erroneously believe is not the point. Some folks believe that the moon landing is a hoax and that the earth is flat. Believing it to be so does not alter reality and suddenly make it so.
                    IT is not 'some' folks involved in 'forced conversion.' It is wide spread 'forced conversion' since Constantine up until the major churches of the world operating missionary schools that practiced ;forced conversions; of Native Americans,

Frank

Comment

It's strange that the Pharisees believed Jesus was speaking of them and yet Shuny believes otherwise. Methinks there is an agenda afoot.
                      The parable is not just speaking of the Pharisees. No mention of Pharisees in the parable. They, of course, thought it referred to them, because they rejected Jesus.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-17-2023, 08:12 AM.

Frank

Comment

The parable is not just speaking of the Pharisees.
                        No evidence, contradicted by the text.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

It directly makes a threat of physical death for non-believers, which is specifically convert or else.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-17-2023, 08:15 AM.

Frank

Comment

It directly makes a threat of physical death for non-believers, which is specifically convert or else.
                            Prove. It.
                            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Prove. It.
                              There is no such thing as proof, but nonetheless . . .

From the parable . . .

"Did you never read in the Scripture about the stone which the builders rejected, and which, when the people had discovered it, was made into the cornerstone? And so once more do I warn you that, if you continue to reject this gospel, presently will the kingdom of God be taken away from you and be given to a people willing to receive the good news and to bring forth the fruits of the spirit And there is a mystery about this stone, seeing that whoso falls upon it, while he is thereby broken in pieces, shall be saved; but on whomsoever this stone falls, he will be ground to dust and his ashes scattered to the four winds."

Reading comprehension appears to be a problem on your part or maybe you need glasses.

Frank

Comment

There is no such thing as proof, but nonetheless . . .

From the parable . . .

"Did you never read in the Scripture about the stone which the builders rejected, and which, when the people had discovered it, was made into the cornerstone? And so once more do I warn you that, if you continue to reject this gospel, presently will the kingdom of God be taken away from you and be given to a people willing to receive the good news and to bring forth the fruits of the spirit And there is a mystery about this stone, seeing that whoso falls upon it, while he is thereby broken in pieces, shall be saved; but on whomsoever this stone falls, he will be ground to dust and his ashes scattered to the four winds."

Reading comprehension appears to be a problem on your part or maybe you need glasses.
                                When it speaks of "Scripture" what is being reference? What specific reference? All that says is the consequences of what will happen in regard to the stone (i.e Jesus). Nothing there says go and kill non-believers. The natural end of the non-believer is destruction.
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment