Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is It Okay To Be White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read Scott Adam's remarks. They are wrong.

They are also very similar to comments I've seen made about "white people". When do we hold those racists accountable?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      I read Scott Adam's remarks. They are wrong.

They are also very similar to comments I've seen made about "white people". When do we hold those racists accountable?
      Like all white people implicitly or explicitly support white supremacy.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        It's a bad poll. It's like asking if people agree we should "make America great again", of course a bunch of people are going to associate that phrase with the Trump campaign and its policies rather than read it divorced of all cultural context. Reacting to this poll's results as if "it's okay to be white" is a wholly innocuous phrase that exists in a vacuum rather than a troll campaign steeped in white supremacy manufactured on a notorious website is either exceedingly ignorant or exceedingly disingenuous. One would be safe in making the assumption that such people are merely looking for an excuse to justify their racism.
        That is one of the more stupid things you have said. Given the racial climate where whites are increasingly blamed for the ills of the world, it was appropriate. And the fact that in your twisted mind you linked the question to white supremacy only proves my point.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          I guess that confirms for all that you're a white supremacist.

Coming up in a Rogue post: "Only liberals would say that my wearing a Klan robe and burning crosses on black people's lawns means I'm racist".

Was that your thought process with the post to see how many idiots you could get to amen it?
          That's funny coming from the man who said blacks in sub-Saharan Africa don't get the Chicom coronavirus because they aren't indoors. Apparently you think they live and work outdoors -- like the old Tarzan movies. But then given where you learn about foreign countries and regions

Leftists have screeched and squealed racism for so long, like here, it has lost all meaning.

In any case, here are a few more racists for you to woke scold

obama-blog2010.jpgdownload (4).jpg
          rtx3ltc8.jpgEFlO61IX0AEnZHl.jpg
          68ec90b9-aa33-4e5f-8666-8f2a8606dd1a.jpg
          And my favorite, a couple of covert flashes of racist symbols by the new Minority Leader
          download (5).jpg

And I see you got the Pavlovian amen from the usual idiot.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Like all white people implicitly or explicitly support white supremacy.
            The same folks who rightfully remind us that not all Muslims are terrorists are often the same folks who tell us that all whites are responsible for slavery and need to pay.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              Anti Defamation League: "It's Okay To Be White"
              The phrase “It’s Okay To Be White” is a slogan popularized in late 2017 as a trolling campaign by members of the controversial discussion forum 4chan. The original idea behind the campaign was to choose an ostensibly innocuous and inoffensive slogan, put that slogan on fliers bereft of any other words or imagery, then place the fliers in public locations...

Whether the original trollers were white supremacist or not, actual white supremacists quickly began to promote the campaign—often adding Internet links to white supremacist websites to the fliers or combining the phrase with white supremacist language or imagery. This was not a surprise, as white supremacists had themselves used the phrase in the past—including on fliers—long before the 4chan campaign originated.

The original flier campaign occurred in late October 2017 and a similar campaign took place at the same time in 2018, but use of the phrase has extended far beyond the flier campaigns.

What are black people supposed to answer when asked if they agree with a white supremacist phrase that sounds innocuous out of context?

A similar question could be, "do you agree with the statement "All lives matter"?" Our of context, of course everyone would say they agree. But in context it's a phrase used by opponents of BLM, so the question could be interpreted as asking about BLM support.
              I'm sure White supremacists also order a Big Mac Combo, so we should all boycott McDonalds...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I'm sure White supremacists also order a Big Mac Combo, so we should all boycott McDonalds...
                If a white supremacist tells you to have a nice day does that mean the phrase is now a racist catch phrase?

The expression "All Lives Matter" was being used by folks like several Democrat candidates for president and it was already being declared racist long before some supposed white racist ever used it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  This sounds like something those who claim giving the "okay sign" (bringing tips of forefingers and thumb together to form an "o" while the other fingers remain extended) was secret white supremacist signal, would dream up.

Some times I think they just say something to see which idiots jump on the bandwagon.
                  Or that a cartoon frog is a symbol of white supremacy.

What people seem to not understand about 4chan is that they are trolling both sides of an issue, so those who embrace the symbology and those who vocally oppose it are both suckers while the rest of us just laugh at them.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If a white supremacist tells you to have a nice day does that mean the phrase is now a racist catch phrase?

The expression "All Lives Matter" was being used by folks like several Democrat candidates for president and it was already being declared racist long before some supposed white racist ever used it.

Not only that it means you need to deliberately cause a bad day for yourself otherwise you are following the demands and wishes of a white supremacist which makes you one too, or at least a white supremacist sympathizer!!

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

For those that are not willing to look for themselves and ask for 'linky.' Note bold highlighted.

• Scott Adams

Gareth Corfield
                      Mon, February 27, 2023 at 6:09 AM EST·3 min read
                      In this article:
                      • Scott Adams
                        American cartoonist and writer
                      Dilbert - Marcio Jose Sanchez/AP
                      An upcoming book by the creator of the Dilbert comics has been cancelled after he referred to black Americans as a “hate group”.

Scott Adams' self-help title Reframe Your Brain was dropped by Penguin Random House following the comments, which sparked criticism from US media outlets including the Washington Post.

His Dilbert comic strip - a chronicle of office life that was first published in 1989 - has also been dropped by major newspapers.

It comes after an episode of his YouTube show, Real Coffee with Scott Adams, in which the writer said: “If nearly half of all blacks are not OK with white people… that’s a hate group.

“I don’t want to have anything to do with them. And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from black people… because there is no fixing this.”

His comments were made in response to a Rasmussen poll which found that 26pc of black respondents said they disagreed with the phrase “It’s OK to be white”, while 21pc said they did not know.

This phrase itself has been co-opted by some white supremacist provocateurs in an effort to spark anger among both right- and left-wing commentators and stoke the culture wars.

Writing later on Twitter, Mr Adams, who is white, said: "I've lost three careers to direct racism so far... All three were perpetrated by White people for their own gain.

"No black person has ever discriminated against me. That's partly why I identified as black for several years.

"White people in the media are also the main source of worsening race relations."

Reframe Your Brain is about changing the way one thinks about potentially harmful things such as drinking alcohol, according to its blurb on the publisher’s website.

It says: “Reframes don’t need to be true. They don’t even need to be logical. They only need to work." [/cite]
                      Taking Adams' remarks in context, he's clearly saying that black people who think it's not okay to be white are members of a hate group, and that white people should not associate with them. That sounds more like common sense than racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Taking Adams' remarks in context, he's clearly saying that black people who think it's not okay to be white are members of a hate group, and that white people should not associate with them. That sounds more like common sense than racism.
                        It's were he talks about segregating himself that he runs into trouble. Of course, if someone didn't think it was okay for me to be white, I'd probably not want to be around them either.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Oops. I guess star is right.

Comment

It's were he talks about segregating himself that he runs into trouble. Of course, if someone didn't think it was okay for me to be white, I'd probably not want to be around them either.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Oops. I guess star is right.

And let's not forget it's perfectly okay to talk about segregating yourself if you're, say, black.

Comment

Adam's quotes stand as they are without trying to wiggle out of them. I may post more.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Adam's quotes stand as they are without trying to wiggle out of them. I may post more.
                              You are correct, which is why I noted that taken in context, his remarks do not appear to be racist.

Comment

You are correct, which is why I noted that taken in context, his remarks do not appear to be racist.
                                The problem is they are distinctly racist.
                                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment