Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The "most trusted" news network circling the drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "most trusted" news network circling the drain

CNN’s primetime ratings sink as network mulls adding comedian to lineup

First their CNN+ online service embarrassingly bombed, which you'd think would have given them the clue of what their future holds. Now the ratings of their entire network is in the gutter. It couldn't have happened to a more abysmal "news" network. Glenn Greenwald said it best...

And of course the satisfaction wouldn't be complete without Ted Koppel's predictive analysis. This aged so well. Watch Brian -- zero self-awareness -- Stelter make a fool of himself as he usually does...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      And of course the satisfaction wouldn't be complete without Ted Koppel's predictive analysis. This aged so well. Watch Brian -- zero self-awareness -- Stelter make a fool of himself as he usually does...

Koppel also came out in another interview (found somewhere on YouTube) where he correctly states that the New York Times and Washington Post of today aren't the same newspapers that your father once knew. IOW, they are carp.

Best part of it all, Koppel isn't conservative. He's simply observant... and honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Koppel also came out in another interview (found somewhere on YouTube) where he correctly states that the New York Times and Washington Post of today aren't the same newspapers that your father once knew. IOW, they are carp.

Best part of it all, Koppel isn't conservative. He's simply observant... and honest.
        IIRC, Koppel (who is as you note anything but conservative) has been talking about liberal bias in the media for awhile now.

OTOH, he has also gone after conservatives as well, particularly Sean Hannity.

Basically he dislikes "commentary journalism"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          IIRC, Koppel (who is as you note anything but conservative) has been talking about liberal bias in the media for awhile now.

OTOH, he has also gone after conservatives as well, particularly Sean Hannity.

Basically he dislikes "commentary journalism"
          As he explains during his commentaries.

Comment

... IOW, they are carp....
            Is there something fishy about that?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Are you preaching a salmon at me? Whale you please leave that alone before you flounder.

Comment

The fact that they turn into dragons in Japanese mythology is part of how I got reeled in to learning about Japan. Wait, you were just baiting me weren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  CNN’s primetime ratings sink as network mulls adding comedian to lineup

First their CNN+ online service embarrassingly bombed, which you'd think would have given them the clue of what their future holds. Now the ratings of their entire network is in the gutter. It couldn't have happened to a more abysmal "news" network. Glenn Greenwald said it best...

Not a surprise. They pretty much made it so that only those on the far left ever watched them, then they announced they would try to move back to the center causing their viewer base (the left) to start abandoning ship as well.

It's a warning for all news media -- both on the left and the half a dozen or so on the right. You end up in a trap of your own making.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

The fact that they turn into dragons in Japanese mythology is part of how I got reeled in to learning about Japan. Wait, you were just baiting me weren't you?
                    And you fell for it... [all together now] ... hook, line and sinker.

Comment

Are you preaching a salmon at me? Whale you please leave that alone before you flounder.
                      You don't have to be so sharkie! I was being funny on porpoise!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Y'all are ofishially cray cray. No squidding.

Comment

Y'all are ofishially cray cray. No squidding.
                          Come on, don't crawfish on this - reel it in!

Comment

Come on, don't crawfish on this - reel it in!
                            Oh for cod's hake, we should dolphinitely scale back.

Comment

Oh for cod's hake, we should dolphinitely scale back.
                              Now you're singing my tuna, so I'll perch here for a whale.

Comment