Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

​​​​​​​Republican Councilwoman killed in possible targeted attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    NZ gun laws are less strict than in the US.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    I could tell Murphy is a Democrat by the first sentence out of his mouth: "I am stunned by the news of Sayreville Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour's murder last evening in an act of gun violence." (emphasis mine). Who else but a Democrat would wedge that into his/her statement.
    Ay yi yi. People are getting gunned down every day. Mass shootings every other day or at least once a week. He'd BETTER say something about it, because we need to DO something about it.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    "If you live by the sword you'll die by the sword."
    If you guys want to have guns everywhere, the consequence is going to be people dying by them.
    NZ gun laws are less strict than in the US.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    If you guys want to have guns everywhere, the consequence is going to be people dying by them.
    Quality response there lefty. Right on time...

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I could tell Murphy is a Democrat by the first sentence out of his mouth: "I am stunned by the news of Sayreville Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour's murder last evening in an act of gun violence." (emphasis mine). Who else but a Democrat would wedge that into his/her statement.
    Never let a crisis go to waste.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ​​​​​​​Republican Councilwoman killed in possible targeted attack

https://abcnews.go.com/US/new-jersey...ry?id=96844342

A New Jersey councilwoman was shot and killed in a possible attack outside her home, an incident officials are calling "shocking" and "senseless."

Eunice Dwumfour was the first sitting elected official in recent memory who had been shot and killed in office in the state, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy told reporters Thursday.

"I am stunned by the news of Sayreville Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour's murder last evening in an act of gun violence," Murphy said. "Her career of public service was just beginning, and by all accounts she had already built a reputation as a committed member of the Borough Council who took her responsibility with the utmost diligence and seriousness."

Dwumfour was inside her white SUV when she was shot Wednesday night, officials said. She sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.