Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

​​​​​​​Republican Councilwoman killed in possible targeted attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

The article says this was a hit job. You don't think hitmen can get guns - regardless of their illegality? And even if (IF) a hitman couldn't get a gun, he would likely have mowed her down with his vehicle.
    You mean like the death of Cayler Ellingson? The Left would have gone nuts if a Democrat 18 year old was killed by a drunk Trumper.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

You mean like the death of Cayler Ellingson? The Left would have gone nuts if a Democrat 18 year old was killed by a drunk Trumper.
      You have to remember, when a Republican is killed it's their fault, just look at Starlight's post above.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You have to remember, when a Republican is killed it's their fault, just look at Starlight's post above.
        I saw it, wasn't worth a response and I try not to dogpile Ox, Hypatia, or even Starlight.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          "If you live by the sword you'll die by the sword."
          If you guys want to have guns everywhere, the consequence is going to be people dying by them.
          Might as well blame the victim

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Do you even know what "live by the sword" actually means? I'll give you a hint: It doesn't mean simply recognizing a person's right to arm themselves for self-defense, which is something that even Jesus himself advocated.
            Speaking of swords, I'm always amused at how surprised and/or uncomfortable people are when I mention their sissified version of Jesus actually said...

Scripture Verse: Matt 10:34

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

© Copyright Original Source

Scripture Verse: Luke 12:51

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I could tell Murphy is a Democrat by the first sentence out of his mouth: "I am stunned by the news of Sayreville Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour's murder last evening in an act of gun violence." (emphasis mine). Who else but a Democrat would wedge that into his/her statement.
              I guess when they find the guy they will arrest his gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I guess when they find the guy they will arrest his gun.
                cg50ed78a4d282e_custom-e24a149cb11b286adec519de1b6222b067094eaf.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  https://abcnews.go.com/US/new-jersey...ry?id=96844342

A New Jersey councilwoman was shot and killed in a possible attack outside her home, an incident officials are calling "shocking" and "senseless."

Eunice Dwumfour was the first sitting elected official in recent memory who had been shot and killed in office in the state, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy told reporters Thursday.

"I am stunned by the news of Sayreville Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour's murder last evening in an act of gun violence," Murphy said. "Her career of public service was just beginning, and by all accounts she had already built a reputation as a committed member of the Borough Council who took her responsibility with the utmost diligence and seriousness."

Dwumfour was inside her white SUV when she was shot Wednesday night, officials said. She sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

A Republican councilman in another New Jersey town has been murdered as well:

https://nypost.com/2023/02/09/nj-cou...ond-in-a-week/

NJ councilman Russell Heller shot dead just a week after slaying of Eunice Dwumfour

A New Jersey municipal council member was shot dead in his car Wednesday, exactly a week after the unsolved slaying of Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour.

Russell Heller, 51, was found dead just after 7 a.m. in the Somerset parking lot of PSE&G, the local energy company where the Milford Republican worked.

Cops quickly IDed a former employee, Gary Curtis, 58, as a suspect — and found him dead in his car from a suspected self-inflicted gunshot around three and a half hours after the slaying.

The councilman’s murder came exactly a week after Sayreville Councilwoman Dwumfour — also a Republican — was gunned down in her SUV outside her home about 15 miles away. Her murder remains unsolved.

Authorities have not linked the crimes, and the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office insisted that Heller’s murder appeared to be “an isolated incident” and was not related to his elected office or political affiliation.

“The investigation remains ongoing to determine motive,” the prosecutor’s office said, while stressing that “Heller was the intended target.”

Gov. Phil Murphy sent “thoughts and prayers” to Heller’s “family and friends in the wake of this tragic act of gun violence.”

US Rep. Tom Kean Jr. (R-NJ), whose district includes the area, said he was “shocked and saddened by the tragic murder” of his fellow Republican.

“Russell was an outstanding public servant who proudly represented the river town he loved,” Kean tweeted.

Milford Mayor Henri Schepens told NJ.com that “the Milford Borough Council is deeply saddened by the loss and our hearts go out to his family.”

Heller “was so full of life, it’s just unbelievable that he’s gone,” the mayor said.

“Something like this has never happened in borough history. We are very shaken by this.”

Heller had been a councilman since 2020 in Milford, a borough in Hunterdon County, according to the Franklin Reporter & Advocate.

The director of the county board of commissioners, Zachary Rich, expressed the “collective shock and grief felt” over the “senseless shooting death.”

“Russell was a dedicated and valuable member of the Milford and Hunterdon County community whose leadership and commitment will be sorely missed,” Rich wrote.

“More importantly, however, Russell was a loving and caring father to his daughter and a dedicated and loyal friend to all of those who had the pleasure of knowing him,” he said of the “tragic loss.”

PSE&G, meanwhile, said it was “offering support” to employees after the “tragic and disturbing event.”

The energy company said it was “heartbroken at the tragic death” of Heller, a senior distribution supervisor at the company.

“Russell was an admired employee and a supervisor with over 11 years of service with PSE&G. He will be sorely missed by all and our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time,” PSE&G said.

No mention was made of the suspect, Curtis, or when he left the company.

Comment