Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI seized Biden notebooks that may reference classified material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

If Joe was as crooked as you think he is, he could have gotten rid of any classified documents before the first search.
    Notebooks don't have huge headers on them notifying the reader that the document is classified. They aren't even sure they contain references to classified material but took them to have them checked out.

Any search and destroy would have been focused on looking for documents.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Naw, Biden didn't voluntarily self-report -- somebody decided his time had come.
      Yup. He was outed by one of his staff, er, keepers. If not for that old Joe would still be sitting on his caches of documents smugly talking about how irresponsible it is to take documents like that.

And if a reporter didn't tumble onto the story (almost certainly leaked), the public would still be unaware and the first search would have been it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If Joe was as crooked as you think he is, he could have gotten rid of any classified documents before the first search.
        Maybe not as crooked as some people think, but still pretty darn crooked.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Notebooks don't have huge headers on them notifying the reader that the document is classified. They aren't even sure they contain references to classified material but took them to have them checked out.

Any search and destroy would have been focused on looking for documents.
          I'm not sure what your point is.

Comment

I'm not sure what your point is.
            I'll write slower this time and include explanations

Notebooks don't have huge headers on them notifying the reader that the document is classified. This means they aren't as easy to spot and could be missed by any clean up operation.

They aren't even sure they contain references to classified material but took them to have them checked out. They don't know for certain if the notebooks even contained references to classified material, but took them to be examined for it. Such uncertainty would also explain how they could have been missed during any possible clean up.

Any search and destroy would have been focused on looking for documents. Because of there obvious headers declaring them headers they would be the priority. Not knowing how much time they would have (the knock on the door could have been minutes away) they would focus on recovering any documents during any such clean up.

Comment

Notebooks don't have huge headers on them notifying the reader that the document is classified. This means they aren't as easy to spot and could be missed by any clean up operation.

They aren't even sure they contain references to classified material but took them to have them checked out. They don't know for certain if the notebooks even contained references to classified material, but took them to be examined for it. Such uncertainty would also explain how they could have been missed during any possible clean up.

Any search and destroy would have been focused on looking for documents. Because of there obvious headers declaring them headers they would be the priority. Not knowing how much time they would have (the knock on the door could have been minutes away) they would focus on recovering any documents during any such clean up.
              If Joe was as crooked as you think he is, he could have gotten rid of any potentially incriminating classified documents before the first search.

If there is one type of classified document that would clearly not lead to criminal charges, it's a notebook that contains material that isn't obviously classified. Alberto Gonzales got away with a lot more than that.

Comment

Can you do that again, but not use so many big words?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If Joe was as crooked as you think he is...
                  As more and more layers of the onion are stripped away, he's getting crookeder and crookeder than I thought.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If Joe was as crooked as you think he is, he could have gotten rid of any potentially incriminating classified documents before the first search.
                    Why?

Do you think he ever expected he'd be searched? Did you forget this little remark?

And once it starts you run the risk of being watched and getting caught in the act.

If there is one type of classified document that would clearly not lead to criminal charges, it's a notebook that contains material that isn't obviously classified. Alberto Gonzales got away with a lot more than that.
                    The laws have changed rather radically since that time. Something y'all seemed to understand when folks said other presidents took stuff prior to Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

As more and more layers of the onion are stripped away, he's getting crookeder and crookeder than I thought.
                      Many in the MSM are starting realize that all this talk of transparency and cooperating have not proven to be entirely true.

I've noticed how many quickly stopped making favorable comparison to Trump and his documents in defense of him and are switching to agreeing this is very serious.

Comment

Why?

Do you think he ever expected he'd be searched?
                        Do you think his lawyers were packing up his office at Penn without his knowledge?

Do you think they searched his Wilmington home without his knowledge?

And once it starts you run the risk of being watched and getting caught in the act.
                        All the more reason to destroy the documents before it starts.

The laws have changed rather radically since that time. Something y'all seemed to understand when folks said other presidents took stuff prior to Trump.
                        Penalties have been increased, but intent is still necessary before charges will be brought.

Comment

Before he ends up sharing a prison cell with brother-in-crime Trump, he should try the proven “I was silently praying” defense.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Maybe not as crooked as some people think, but still pretty darn crooked.
                            It's often the most crooked that are so sure of themselves they get cocky and brought down by something small.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Before he ends up sharing a prison cell with brother-in-crime Trump, he should try the proven “I was silently praying” defense.
                              Leave it to filthyfloor to show he resides on the left end of the bell curve.

Comment

Do you think his lawyers were packing up his office at Penn without his knowledge?

Do you think they searched his Wilmington home without his knowledge?
                                Any other president, I'd definitely say no, but this is old Joe we are speaking of -- the man who
                                • regularly grouses that he has been told who to talk to and what to say and do by "they"
                                • had a staffer in an Easter Bunny costume run up and in between him and someone he was talking to and wave her arms in old Joe's face to get him to stop talking and move along
                                • gets his mic switched off by staffers whenever he starts to say things not on his script
                                • gets angry for them walking back his statements -- which they also walk back.

Moreover, the leaking of this (to both the DoJ and the MSM) seems to be designed to put pressure on old Joe to not run in 2024, given it took place immediately after Biden started to renege on his promise to be a one-term placeholder president.

Still, even if old Joe told them to start packing things up he might not have expected them to actually start pouring through the stuff being packed up. And even if they did he probably never dreamed that they, being loyal Democrat operatives, would turn him in. C'monman that's something only an ultra-MAGA extremist would do.

Comment