Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI seized Biden notebooks that may reference classified material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Ah - so now we've moved on to accusing me of lying.
    Absolutely totally false.

The White House statement that declares Biden did not know there was classified material where it was found is particularly easy to find CP. That you would rather accuse me of 'making stuff up' rather than simply ackowledging it exists is really low, even for you. How much lower are you going to go CP?
    You could have prevented a WHOLE bunch of this if you weren't such a hateful petty little man that you couldn't simply answer the question yourself.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Ah, so it was just Jim's hatred indignation at being falsely accused of 'making stuff up' that preventing him from answering.

Thanks, Sparko.
      fixed it for you ...
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

FBI seized Biden notebooks that may reference classified material in Delaware home search

Drip, drip, drip...

sad biden.jpg

Notebooks President Biden used during his time as vice president that may reference classified information were among the material seized by the FBI during a search of his Delaware home last week, according to a report.

The notebooks include some of the 80-year-old president’s writings related to his official White House business, such as notes on diplomatic engagements during his time as Barack Obama’s vice president, according to NBC News.

While the notebooks themselves did not have classified markings, according to the report, some of Biden’s handwritten notes inside them may reference sensitive material.

A person familiar with the investigation told the news outlet that the president had a “large” collection of notebooks with handwritten notes on both personal and official subject matter, including his family life and his experiences or thoughts as vice president.

Because some of the notes related to official business at the White House, they could be subject to the Presidential Records Act and should have been handed over to the National Archives at the end of the Obama presidency.

A person close to Biden told NBC News that it is implausible that Biden packed up the notebooks himself to be taken to his Wilmington home.

“He’s not putting anything in boxes,” the anonymous individual said.

The FBI conducted its unprecedented 13-hour-long search of the commander in chief’s 6,850-square-foot Wilmington mansion last week, finding six more documents marked classified, some dating back to Biden’s days as a senator.

White House counsel Ian Sams described the FBI’s hunt for documents as “a planned consensual search” in a call with reporters Monday.

Don't worry, I'm sure he just "accidentally" picked up a pen and "accidentally" used it to write out shapes in the form of letters that "accidentally" wrote out words containing classified information. Right Ox?
        Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-30-2023, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Don't worry, I'm sure he just "accidentally" picked up a pen and "accidentally" used it to make letters that "accidentally" wrote out words containing classified information. Right Ox?
          It says 'may reference classified information'.

That means they don't know for sure. And there are many reasons they may be unsure. The reference itself may have been declassified. Or the reference may only be partial - sometimes information is only classified if it connects two or more unclassified terms as being related. So - again - you are way too over-the-top in your assumptions about the implications.

In addition, again, if staffers are packing up his stuff. They may not have known the documents contained classified references

Now, where the buck does stop with Biden is that they were unmarked. If Biden knew the notes were about classified data, he should have marked them so, and he should have made sure the staffers knew that some of his notes contained classified data.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-30-2023, 12:04 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I don't think Jim is making anything up. I recall Biden saying he was surprised to find out there were any classified documents found and didn't know about them till his lawyers told him.

looking it up now:

here:
            https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/polit...den/index.html
            Direct quote from Joe: "I was surprised to learn there were any government records that were taken there to that office," which doesn't say he was unaware he had them, just that he was surprised to learn they were taken there.

The part about Joe saying he didn't know they were there until his lawyer told came from "one source familiar with the matter" and not Joe himself.

So we still have no direct quote from Joe denying knowledge of possessing classified documents, unless ox is willing provide a source.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It says 'may reference classified information'.

That means they don't know for sure. And there are many reasons they may be unsure. The reference itself may have been declassified. Or the reference may only be partial - sometimes information is only classified if it connects two or more unclassified terms as being related. So - again - you are way too over-the-top in your assumptions about the implications.

In addition, again, if staffers are packing up his stuff. They may not have known the documents contained classified references

Now, where the buck does stop with Biden is that they were unmarked. If Biden knew the notes were about classified data, he should have marked them so, and he should have made sure the staffers knew that some of his notes contained classified data.

The depths you will go to try to make up fantastical excuses for your boy Biden know no bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Direct quote from Joe: "I was surprised to learn there were any government records that were taken there to that office," which doesn't say he was unaware he had them, just that he was surprised to learn they were taken there.

The part about Joe saying he didn't know they were there until his lawyer told came from "one source familiar with the matter" and not Joe himself.

So we still have no direct quote from Joe denying knowledge of possessing classified documents, unless ox is willing provide a source.
                He'll just hide behind "look it up" or "I ain't talkin' to you cause I hate your guts*".

*obviously not his exact words, but displays what an incredibly petty little man he can be.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He'll just hide behind "look it up" or "I ain't talkin' to you cause I hate your guts*".

*obviously not his exact words, but displays what an incredibly petty little man he can be.
                  ox thinks "sources say" anecdotes are enough to establish that Joe himself has denied knowledge of having classified documents in his possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    ox thinks "sources say" anecdotes are enough to establish that Joe himself has denied knowledge of having classified documents in his possession.
                    The longer this goes on, the more I believe Jim just made up what he said, then Sparko comes along with a cite that, to some extent, backs up what Jim said, and Jim jumps on that, "YEAH, THAT's what I was talking about".

Comment

The longer this goes on, the more I believe Jim just made up what he said, then Sparko comes along with a cite that, to some extent, backs up what Jim said, and Jim jumps on that, "YEAH, THAT's what I was talking about".
                      You are free to choose to believe whatever you want. However, the article Sparko linked to IS the specific CNN article I had in mind when I made the statement.

Are you now going to call me a liar?

Comment

You are free to choose to believe whatever you want.
                        How very gracious of you.

However, the article Sparko linked to IS the specific CNN article I had in mind when I made the statement.
                        Yeah, not buying that - as far as I am concerned, your credibility is lower than pond scum.

No more than you are calling ME a liar when you have one of your big steamer temper tantrums and accuse ME of being hate-filled or "ranting".
                        You have a track record of explosive anger -- I do not.

Comment

You are free to choose to believe whatever you want. However, the article Sparko linked to IS the specific CNN article I had in mind when I made the statement.

Yeah and I have some prime swampland to sell you.

Comment

Except nowhere in the article does Joe himself deny knowledge of the classified documents -- that assertion came from an anonymous source -- so it may be that you remembered the article; however, you obviously did not remember it accurately, or you are taking "sources say" anecdotes and disingenuously attributing them to Joe as a direct quote.

Comment

Ya know, Jim, this never would have gotten this far if you had simply answered the question, instead of being a petty little tyrant who refused to answer me because of your hatred for me.

Comment

Ya know, Jim, this never would have gotten this far if you had simply answered the question, instead of being a petty little tyrant who refused to answer me because of your hatred for me.
                                I have a suspicion that ox didn't answer because he knew the source he supposedly had in mind didn't actually support his claim.

Comment