Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI seized Biden notebooks that may reference classified material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI seized Biden notebooks that may reference classified material

FBI seized Biden notebooks that may reference classified material in Delaware home search

Drip, drip, drip...

sad biden.jpg

Notebooks President Biden used during his time as vice president that may reference classified information were among the material seized by the FBI during a search of his Delaware home last week, according to a report.

The notebooks include some of the 80-year-old president’s writings related to his official White House business, such as notes on diplomatic engagements during his time as Barack Obama’s vice president, according to NBC News.

While the notebooks themselves did not have classified markings, according to the report, some of Biden’s handwritten notes inside them may reference sensitive material.

A person familiar with the investigation told the news outlet that the president had a “large” collection of notebooks with handwritten notes on both personal and official subject matter, including his family life and his experiences or thoughts as vice president.

Because some of the notes related to official business at the White House, they could be subject to the Presidential Records Act and should have been handed over to the National Archives at the end of the Obama presidency.

A person close to Biden told NBC News that it is implausible that Biden packed up the notebooks himself to be taken to his Wilmington home.

“He’s not putting anything in boxes,” the anonymous individual said.

The FBI conducted its unprecedented 13-hour-long search of the commander in chief’s 6,850-square-foot Wilmington mansion last week, finding six more documents marked classified, some dating back to Biden’s days as a senator.

White House counsel Ian Sams described the FBI’s hunt for documents as “a planned consensual search” in a call with reporters Monday.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    FBI seized Biden notebooks that may reference classified material in Delaware home search

Drip, drip, drip...

sad biden.jpg

Notebooks President Biden used during his time as vice president that may reference classified information were among the material seized by the FBI during a search of his Delaware home last week, according to a report.

The notebooks include some of the 80-year-old president’s writings related to his official White House business, such as notes on diplomatic engagements during his time as Barack Obama’s vice president, according to NBC News.

While the notebooks themselves did not have classified markings, according to the report, some of Biden’s handwritten notes inside them may reference sensitive material.

A person familiar with the investigation told the news outlet that the president had a “large” collection of notebooks with handwritten notes on both personal and official subject matter, including his family life and his experiences or thoughts as vice president.

Because some of the notes related to official business at the White House, they could be subject to the Presidential Records Act and should have been handed over to the National Archives at the end of the Obama presidency.

A person close to Biden told NBC News that it is implausible that Biden packed up the notebooks himself to be taken to his Wilmington home.

“He’s not putting anything in boxes,” the anonymous individual said.

The FBI conducted its unprecedented 13-hour-long search of the commander in chief’s 6,850-square-foot Wilmington mansion last week, finding six more documents marked classified, some dating back to Biden’s days as a senator.

White House counsel Ian Sams described the FBI’s hunt for documents as “a planned consensual search” in a call with reporters Monday.

He may not have packed the boxes but who opened them and scattered the classified documents all over his personal private library[1]?

And let's not overlook that he's been taking documents for decades -- back when he was still just a Senator.

1. Again for the deliberately obtuse, if they were all still together in some boxes it would not take three separate searches to have uncovered them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      He may not have packed the boxes but who opened them and scattered the classified documents all over his personal private library[1]?

And let's not overlook that he's been taking documents for decades -- back when he was still just a Senator.

1. Again for the deliberately obtuse, if they were all still together in some boxes it would not take three separate searches to have uncovered them.
      (1) you are stating as fact that which you are making up ('scattered all over his personal private library') Nothing in the supplied text implies the notebooks were 'scattered'.
      (2) given they took unmarked notes that simply 'might' reference classified material, it should be clear to anyone that the search criteria expanded significantly once the FBI became involved. As those criteria changed, they would have to re-search areas not already covered using the expanded criteria. At the level of inspection required to identify specific hand written notes as suspect, the searches would also take a great deal of time.

I am curious what the 'request to former presidents and VP's to search their own documents' is going to uncover.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-30-2023, 08:59 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

(1) your are stating as fact that which you assume to be true
        (2) given they took unmarked notes that simply 'might' reference classified material, it should be clear to anyone that the search criteria expanded significantly once the FBI became involved. As those criteria changed, they would have to re-search areas not already covered using the expanded criteria. At the level of inspection required to identify specific hand written notes as suspect, the searches would also take a great deal of time.
        The unintended consequence, of course, is that Trump is no longer the major target of this whole Classified Documents mess.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The unintended consequence, of course, is that Trump is no longer the major target of this whole Classified Documents mess.
          Maybe. We'll see as time passes by.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Maybe. We'll see as time passes by.
            Laughing.... have you been reading the news lately, Jim?

Comment

(1) you are stating as fact that which you are making up ('scattered all over his personal private library') Nothing in the supplied text implies the notebooks were 'scattered'.
              And yet again for the deliberately obtuse -- if they weren't scattered about then the first search would have found them all unless you're positing that they stopped after finding some and then stopped again when they found more.

Look here at what we found. Well no need to look any further. I mean, good enough for government work, am I right?
              Wait. How do you re-search an area that weren't previously covered? That implies only parts of his library were searched twice. No wonder the FBI stepped in if that was the case.

And you seem to be "accidentally" skipping over the part that there was more than just the notebooks. There were classified documents found with them. While some like Whoopsie Goldberg might believe that there were no documents found (she claims that there was nothing but "recipes" and the like), even old Joe and his keepers acknowledge this.

I am curious what the 'request to former presidents and VP's to search their own documents' is going to uncover.
              There are indications that Obama won't even look to see if he has any. At the very least he and his staff refuse to say if anyone is even going to check.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And yet again for the deliberately obtuse -- if they weren't scattered about then the first search would have found them all unless you're positing that they stopped after finding some and then stopped again when they found more.

Wait. How do you re-search an area that weren't previously covered? That implies only parts of his library were searched twice. No wonder the FBI stepped in if that was the case.
                Why would the first search have targeted handwritten notes? They were looking for marked classified documents.

And you seem to be "accidentally" skipping over the part that there was more than just the notebooks. There were classified documents found with them. While some like Whoopsie Goldberg might believe that there were no documents found (she claims that there was nothing but "recipes" and the like), even old Joe and his keepers acknowledge this.
                I've not skipped over anything - where are you getting that from? I've addressed the topic of documents in previous posts, and the post you replied to concerns the attempt to portray the notes as scattered about when there is no evidence that was the case.

There are indications that Obama won't even look to see if he has any. At the very least he and his staff refuse to say if anyone is even going to check.
                A pretty good indication the problem is systemic and the expected outcome unflattering to say the least.

Comment

Laughing.... have you been reading the news lately, Jim?
                  Sure. Trump tried to resist returning the documents. Biden and Pence did not. Trump knew he had the docuemnts. Biden and Pence did not. That may result in harsher action against Trump than Biden or Pence, but even I think it is unlikely. Hence 'maybe'.

Comment

Sure. Trump tried to resist returning the documents. Biden and Pence did not. Trump knew he had the docuemnts. Biden and Pence did not. That may result in harsher action against Trump than Biden or Pence, but even I think it is unlikely. Hence 'maybe'.
                    Ah, so you have been very SELECTIVELY reading the news. The spotlight is on Biden, Jim.

This whole thing has pretty well flushed the "Get Trump" aspect down the porcelain throne.
                    In order to prosecute Trump on this, your team would have to show how incredibly biased and hypocritical they are.

Comment

Ah, so you have been very SELECTIVELY reading the news. The spotlight is on Biden, Jim.
                      enter the unmoored accusations ...

This whole thing has pretty well flushed the "Get Trump" aspect down the porcelain throne.
                      In order to prosecute Trump on this, your team would have to show how incredibly biased and hypocritical they are.
                      'My team' Trump purposefully took the documents and tried to retain them when ordered to return them. That puts him more at risk over this issue than anyone else so far.

Comment

enter the unmoored accusations ...
                        Says the guy who appears to totally make up stuff he can't support.

'My team'
                        Yes, the Democrats who sold their souls to Satan.

Trump purposefully took the documents and tried to retain them when ordered to return them. That puts him more at risk over this issue than anyone else so far.
                        It really is laughable that you are so focused on your hatred of Trump that you can't see that even the leftist media has shifted to Biden.

Comment

Says the guy who appears to totally make up stuff he can't support.

Yes, the Democrats who sold their souls to Satan.

It really is laughable that you are so focused on your hatred of Trump that you can't see that even the leftist media has shifted to Biden.
                          Ah - so now we've moved on to accusing me of lying. The White House statement that declares Biden did not know there was classified material where it was found is particularly easy to find CP. That you would rather accuse me of 'making stuff up' rather than simply ackowledging it exists is really low, even for you. How much lower are you going to go CP?

Comment

I don't think Jim is making anything up. I recall Biden saying he was surprised to find out there were any classified documents found and didn't know about them till his lawyers told him.

looking it up now:

here:
                            https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/polit...den/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I don't think Jim is making anything up. I recall Biden saying he was surprised to find out there were any classified documents found and didn't know about them till his lawyers told him.

looking it up now:

here:
                              https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/polit...den/index.html
                              Ah, so it was just Jim's hatred preventing him from answering.

Thanks, Sparko.

Comment