Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cops Charged With Murder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this topic sure got derailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I'll ignore them - exaclty as they should be. They are the rantings of a man bent on evoking evil from another Christian.
      Jim, nobody can 'evoke evil' from you that's not in you. Think really hard about that one.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This incident was arguable way worse than the George Floyd incident. Floyd was killed through negligence and disregard for his life by one white cop while others watched, Nichols was brutally beat to death by 5 black cops. They are being charged with first degree murder.

Yet we saw months of violent riots because of Floyd and we have had peaceful protests regarding Nichols.

Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          This incident was arguable way worse than the George Floyd incident. Floyd was killed through negligence and disregard for his life by one white cop while others watched, Nichols was brutally beat to death by 5 black cops. They are being charged with first degree murder.

Yet we saw months of violent riots because of Floyd and we have had peaceful protests regarding Nichols.

Why?
          BLM - but only when killed by white cops.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There was no 'weaponization of Christianese' C. It was a genuine appeal to you to pray and seek understanding about what is going on. One day - you, and CP, and a whole bunch of others here are going to see what you've been doing wrt these events. But for now you are blind to it, and there is literally nothing I can do or say that will 'open your eyes' as it were. It is what it is. That is what hate does. And though you mock that as being what it is, the simple truth is - that is what is going on here. And G's mocking is a consequence of it.

Even if the request is sincere doesn't mean it's not a weaponization of Christianese. Regardless of your intent it comes across as a cudgel being used to browbeat others into submission. I grew up around way too many people who act as you do on this forum, and I was taught to be a doormat to all of it. Not only was it bad for me, but it was bad for them because no one would stand up to their abusive tactics. They were so rarely confronted for their downright awful behavior that they dismissed any criticism as an attack born out of hatred. Which just led to more reinforcement of their stances and tactics. They would use the same kind of language you do in an effort to appear to be "the better Christian" and think their own behavior was immaterial to anything happening.

I'm not a doormat anymore, and I call out bad behavior regardless of political affiliation, religion, race, sex, etc. You however, do everything you can to justify the actions of yourself and what you perceive to be "your side", all the while doing everything you can to demonize those you believe to be "the enemy". The more you do this the more you are pushing people with more moderate positions to the other side. You are enabling the polarization happening now in the same way that MSNBC and FOX News do just on a smaller scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I'm not a doormat anymore, and I call out bad behavior regardless of political affiliation, religion, race, sex, etc. You however, do everything you can to justify the actions of yourself and what you perceive to be "your side", all the while doing everything you can to demonize those you believe to be "the enemy". The more you do this the more you are pushing people with more moderate positions to the other side. You are enabling the polarization happening now in the same way that MSNBC and FOX News do just on a smaller scale.
              That's true. I don't even like Trump, but I find myself forced into defending him from people like Ox who exaggerate how evil he is.

Comment

That's true. I don't even like Trump, but I find myself forced into defending him from people like Ox who exaggerate how evil he is.
                While vigorously defending incorrigibly corrupt politicians like Biden.

Comment

There was no 'weaponization of Christianese' C. It was a genuine appeal to you to pray and seek understanding about what is going on. One day - you, and CP, and a whole bunch of others here are going to see what you've been doing wrt these events. But for now you are blind to it, and there is literally nothing I can do or say that will 'open your eyes' as it were. It is what it is. That is what hate does. And though you mock that as being what it is, the simple truth is - that is what is going on here. And G's mocking is a consequence of it.
                  Jim, the only one here who is absolutely consumed with hate (particularly aimed at Trump and anybody who doesn't hate him as much as you do) is you. You are the blind fool calling everybody else blind.
                  Again, the Democratic Party has sold its soul to Satan, and you have become his apologist.

Comment

I don't like him either, he's a thin skinned narcissist who's only in politics to stroke his own ego. However the far left has so completely blown out of proportion some of the dumb things he's actually done, or just outright lied and made things up about him. The Never Trump Republicans have reacted much the same way, but with a bit less overblown theatrics. The worst part is both of those groups tend to be in the pocket of the WEF a group who's leader is like a living caricature of a James Bond villain. Why are so many people unable to look at the bigger picture?

Comment

I don't like him either, he's a thin skinned narcissist who's only in politics to stroke his own ego. However the far left has so completely blown out of proportion some of the dumb things he's actually done, or just outright lied and made things up about him. The Never Trump Republicans have reacted much the same way, but with a bit less overblown theatrics. The worst part is both of those groups tend to be in the pocket of the WEF a group who's leader is like a living caricature of a James Bond villain. Why are so many people unable to look at the bigger picture?
                      It always amazes me when your enemy's actual words and deeds are bad enough to condemn him, that one has to make stuff up to make things sound even worse. Pure evil hate does that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

While vigorously defending incorrigibly corrupt politicians like Biden.
                        Yup, Biden has been caught in blatantly racist rhetoric, has direct ties to the KKK, has credible sexual abuse allegations alongside tons of inappropriate activity with staff and the children of random people at Democratic rallies, and has classified documents that go back to when he was a senator, and on and on. He's pretty much everything Trump was accused of, but worse.

Comment

Yup, Biden has been caught in blatantly racist rhetoric, has direct ties to the KKK, has credible sexual abuse allegations alongside tons of inappropriate activity with staff and the children of random people at Democratic rallies, and has classified documents that go back to when he was a senator, and on and on. He's pretty much everything Trump was accused of, but worse.
                          Any seasoned lawyer will tell you that one of the worst things you can do when prosecuting somebody in court is to be so aggressive that you go beyond fact and give the defense an opportunity to allege some kind of vendetta, rather than an honest fact-based prosecution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Any seasoned lawyer will tell you that one of the worst things you can do when prosecuting somebody in court is to be so aggressive that you go beyond fact and give the defense an opportunity to allege some kind of vendetta, rather than an honest fact-based prosecution.
                            Yup, it's also bad to throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Comment

This incident was arguable way worse than the George Floyd incident. Floyd was killed through negligence and disregard for his life by one white cop while others watched, Nichols was brutally beat to death by 5 black cops. They are being charged with first degree murder.

Why?
                              Best case scenario...

People were satisfied with how it is being handled.

More likely...

No financing. Nobody willing to buy a pallet of bricks and leave it sitting outside a construction area for anyone to take them during a riot. Nobody to help pay expenses of those wanting to travel half way across the country for them to riot. And maybe the news that in Atlanta the rioters were not only arrested but are not being offered bail might have caused some to think that things have changed since 2019.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment