Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Conservative Kicked Out Of Restaurant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Right, just like it's hard to argue that someone is a racist if he has black friends.

Are you sure you want to continue with your line of reasoning?
    I completed my line of reasoning. You're just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Not at all. After all, if they threw him out because he was "Conservative while black" that's still racial discrimination. After all, if I throw out the black person who sits in the "wrong section" but don't throw out the ones who sit way in the dark corner of the restaraunt...that's still discrimination.
      You know if this were a conservative restaurant and Gianno Caldwell was kicked out for his woke views, it would be treated as an open and shut case of racial discrimination in the MSM and to leftists like Stoic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
        I completed my line of reasoning. You're just trolling.
        And your line of "reasoning" is that the restaurant owners can not possibly be racist if they allow any black patrons at all, just as a man cannot possibly be racist if he has any black friends at all.

If you think the logical conclusion of your argument looks like "trolling", then I suggest you reconsider your argument.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't know where you got that from.
          Kicking someone out for their political views is no more "discrimination" than kicking them out for their skin colour. The very idea of protected classes creates a two-tier system of legal protection of economic participation. This situation is different than say the baker in Colorado as that involved forced speech on the baker.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
            Source: https://www.kxan.com/news/alamo-drafthouse-admits-violation-for-women-only-wonder-woman-screening/

What was supposed to be a celebration of women’s empowerment at the movies turned into accusations of discrimination, and now the theater that hosted the event admitted it should have taken a different tack.

Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas acknowledged in a letter to the city of Austin that its event advertising for two women-only Wonder Woman screenings in June violated Austin’s non-discrimination policy. According to the letter, an individual filed a complaint against the theater chain.

© Copyright Original Source

If it was restricted only to blacks, it would have been a federal case, lol. Apparently Broadway actually did limit to Slave Play to "black identifying" audiences. A non-black person should have tried to buy a ticket and then sued.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

And your line of "reasoning" is that the restaurant owners can not possibly be racist if they allow any black patrons at all, just as a man cannot possibly be racist if he has any black friends at all.
              Nonsense, as usual. My reasoning was that it could be hard to prove that he was kicked out because he was black (rather than because of his political beliefs) if no other blacks were kicked out.

If you think the logical conclusion of your argument looks like "trolling", then I suggest you reconsider your argument.
              Your mischaracterization of my argument is pretty good evidence of trolling.

Comment

Nonsense, as usual. My reasoning was that it could be hard to prove that he was kicked out because he was black (rather than because of his political beliefs) if no other blacks were kicked out.

Your mischaracterization of my argument is pretty good evidence of trolling.
                I haven't mischaracterized your argument at all. That no other blacks were kicked out doesn't prove he wasn't discriminated against because of the color of his skin just as a man having black friends doesn't prove he isn't a racist.

Comment

I haven't mischaracterized your argument at all. That no other blacks were kicked out doesn't prove he wasn't discriminated against because of the color of his skin just as a man having black friends doesn't prove he isn't a racist.
                  The restaurant doesn't have to prove that its reason for kicking him out was not his race. If he wants to sue them, he's going to have to give a better explanation than "I'm black, so that must be the reason."

Comment

The restaurant doesn't have to prove that its reason for kicking him out was not his race. If he wants to sue them, he's going to have to give a better explanation than "I'm black, so that must be the reason."
                    Well, you go ahead and continue defending a business discriminating against a black family. It's a good look for you.

Comment

It turns out that it's legal for restaurants to kick out customers based on their political views, unless a local law prohibits it, such as in the District of Columbia.

Although it would be illegal if they were kicking him out because he was black, and using his political views as a cover. But the restaurant probably has plenty of other black customers, so that's unlikely.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ics/734215002/
                      Then why isn't it legal to refuse to serve someone based on their views of gay marriage?

And why are you defending such actions?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Then why isn't it legal to refuse to serve someone based on their views of gay marriage?
                        If it was because of his views of gay marriage, rather than because he was gay, it probably would be legal, unless there was a local law making it illegal.

And why are you defending such actions?
                        I'm not sure what you think I'm defending.

I don't have any strong feelings regarding kicking people out of restaurants because of their political views. It's probably illegal here in California, which is fine with me, but if other places want to allow it, that's okay too.

Comment