Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Conservative Kicked Out Of Restaurant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Conservative Kicked Out Of Restaurant...

More leftist tolerance!

Gianno Caldwell blasts restaurant for kicking him out over political views: There’s a 'target' on our backs

Caldwell said he felt the situation resembled the 'Jim Crow South'

On Saturday morning, Fox News' Gianno Caldwell was asked to leave a restaurant in North Miami, Florida because his Conservative views "don't align" with the opinions of the owners.

The restaurant, Paradis Books and Bread, posted on their public Instagram account (@paradis.bb) with a caption that alluded to Gianno and his group, stating that "their behavior and their words made other folks in the space as well as the one of us working very uncomfortable."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/gianno...ws-target-back
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Black conservatives aren't "black".
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
      Black conservatives aren't "black".
      I forgot, my bad...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So is this the new standard? You only have to say that someone's beliefs make you feel "uncomfortable" and you're allowed to discriminate against them? Let's see if that rule holds the next time a Christian baker refuses to make a wedding cake for homosexuals.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          So is this the new standard? You only have to say that someone's beliefs make you feel "uncomfortable" and you're allowed to discriminate against them? Let's see if that rule holds the next time a Christian baker refuses to make a wedding cake for homosexuals.
          Goes to show that they have no problem with discrimination....provided you don't hit their favored subjects (protected classes). But let's be honest, they don't even care about the entirety of "protected classes" Only those members of a "protected class" that can ALSO be shifted into an "oppressed" group. (I.E. You can discriminate, but not on race....but if the person is white, that doesn't count or but not Sex, but if the person is a man, it doesn't count).

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            More leftist tolerance!
            Democrats back in the 50s and 60s got themselves into hot water for denying service to blacks, Will history repeat itself?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              More leftist tolerance!
              He could likely sue the owners and win, or he can go somewhere else. I'd just do the latter.
              1) I don't want Leftoids spitting in my food
              2) I don't want to give them by business or my money
              Last edited by Ronson; 01-22-2023, 12:16 PM.

Comment

It turns out that it's legal for restaurants to kick out customers based on their political views, unless a local law prohibits it, such as in the District of Columbia.

Although it would be illegal if they were kicking him out because he was black, and using his political views as a cover. But the restaurant probably has plenty of other black customers, so that's unlikely.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ics/734215002/

Comment

I thought this was a resurrected thread. I could swear that something similar to this happened a few months ago.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                    It turns out that it's legal for restaurants to kick out customers based on their political views, unless a local law prohibits it, such as in the District of Columbia.

Although it would be illegal if they were kicking him out because he was black, and using his political views as a cover. But the restaurant probably has plenty of other black customers, so that's unlikely.

That's surprising, but OK with me. With few exceptions, businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

He could likely sue the owners and win, or he can go somewhere else. I'd just do the latter.
                      1) I don't want Leftoids spitting in my food
                      2) I don't want to give them by business or my money
                      Remember when the restaurant kicked out the woman who worked for Trump? And then followed her to another restaurant to protest?

Sue the snot out of them to stop the behavior.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Remember when the restaurant kicked out the woman who worked for Trump? And then followed her to another restaurant to protest?

Sue the snot out of them to stop the behavior.
                        I'm confused. People who worked at the first restaurant followed her to a second restaurant?

Comment

So you're saying some people are more equal than others.
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Goes to show that they have no problem with discrimination....provided you don't hit their favored subjects (protected classes). But let's be honest, they don't even care about the entirety of "protected classes" Only those members of a "protected class" that can ALSO be shifted into an "oppressed" group. (I.E. You can discriminate, but not on race....but if the person is white, that doesn't count or but not Sex, but if the person is a man, it doesn't count).

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

So you're saying some people are more equal than others.
                              I don't know where you got that from.

Comment