Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Conservative Kicked Out Of Restaurant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the restaurant owner did not poison him. But it is quite reasonable that he should not serve and feed an enemy soldier (a friend of Fox News).
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      Goes to show that they have no problem with discrimination....provided you don't hit their favored subjects (protected classes).
      Even if you hit protected classes, as long as you don't hit them because of their membership in those classes.

But let's be honest, they don't even care about the entirety of "protected classes" Only those members of a "protected class" that can ALSO be shifted into an "oppressed" group. (I.E. You can discriminate, but not on race....but if the person is white, that doesn't count or but not Sex, but if the person is a man, it doesn't count).
      I believe the law disallows discrimination on the basis of race or sex, even for whites and males.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'm confused. People who worked at the first restaurant followed her to a second restaurant?
        Yup.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          Even if you hit protected classes, as long as you don't hit them because of their membership in those classes.

I believe the law disallows discrimination on the basis of race or sex, even for whites and males.
          The law? Yes. But I'm not talking about the law, I'm talking about the opinions. I find it that many liberals (especially you) tend to lean on "legal" as an excuse to avoid giving an opinion on something. It's done in only certain areas. After all, it's legal for the business owner to refer to black customers as N-word slurs, but liberals wouldn't turn around and say "Well, it's legal to call them that, so long as he doesn't kick them out because of it."

In other words, "It's legal" is often a dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            More leftist tolerance!
            It really is extraordinary how these racial "accidents" just keep happening with liberals.
            Last edited by seanD; 01-22-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Yup.
              Yeah, that sounds like a civil suit. Or a punch in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Yup.
                Source: Red Hen owner followed Sarah Sanders' family to protest their presence at different restaurant, Mike Huckabee says

Members of White House press secretary Sarah Sanders' family were followed by the owner of the restaurant they were kicked out of over the weekend after they settled an alternative place to dine, according to her father Mike Huckabee.

During an interview Monday on Fox News host Laura Ingraham's radio show, Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas, said Stephanie Wilkinson, owner of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va., tailed Sanders' in-laws across the street and along with a number of other people protested their presence at the restaurant to which they had migrated.

"Once Sarah and her family left -- and of course Sarah was asked to please vacate, Sarah and her husband just went home. They had sort of had enough. But the rest of her family went across the street to a different restaurant," Huckabee said on "The Laura Ingraham Show." "The owner of the Red Hen -- nobody's told this -- then followed them across the street, called people and organized a protest yelling and screaming at them from outside the other restaurant and creating this scene."

The initial incident happened when Wilkinson asked Sanders to leave because she works for President Trump.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The law? Yes. But I'm not talking about the law, I'm talking about the opinions. I find it that many liberals (especially you) tend to lean on "legal" as an excuse to avoid giving an opinion on something. It's done in only certain areas. After all, it's legal for the business owner to refer to black customers as N-word slurs, but liberals wouldn't turn around and say "Well, it's legal to call them that, so long as he doesn't kick them out because of it."

In other words, "It's legal" is often a dodge.
                  Well, my own opinion is that "discrimination" is sometimes allowable when the purpose is to make up for massive amounts of prior discrimination.

I realize that some people would prefer no discrimination at all, on the theory that everything will even out within a few hundred years. That just seems like an excuse to allow the effects of injustices of the past to continue indefinitely into the future.

Comment

Well, my own opinion is that "discrimination" is sometimes allowable when the purpose is to make up for massive amounts of prior discrimination.
                    So deliberately and intentionally make someone who you admit doesn't have to actually do anything wrong in any way, suffer the consequences.

Comment

I realize that some people would prefer no discrimination at all, on the theory that everything will even out within a few hundred years. That just seems like an excuse to allow the effects of injustices of the past to continue indefinitely into the future.
                      I would point out that in many of these circumstances, there is no "making up" done by the discrimination. After all, illegally having a women's only showing of a movie, in no way, mitigates past gender discrimination.

Comment

I would point out that in many of these circumstances, there is no "making up" done by the discrimination. After all, illegally having a women's only showing of a movie, in no way, mitigates past gender discrimination.
                        Do you think having a women's only showing of a movie is discrimination?

Comment

Um... if men are not allowed

Comment

It is illegal. :)

Comment

It is illegal. :)
                              It shouldn't be, if it is.

Comment

But, like most leftists, you only apply that where it's politically convenient (or when you can virtue-signal), otherwise you wouldn't have voted for a man that has a history of collaborating with pro-segregationist white supremacists.

Comment