Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Peaceful Protests in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look like they're from Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
      They look like they're from Seattle.
      A Seattle cult. They're waiting for a comet to take them away to nirvana.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Is it just me, or is there something stupid-looking about antifa members? Seriously, they don't look very bright.

antifa.jpg
        Likely the drugs hadn't worn off yet from those who's mug shots were taken.

The good news was this wasn't Los Angeles, or New York City, or Philadelphia, or Chicago or Washington D.C., where these folks would've been released without bail, but are instead still in jail having been denied bail. It looks like they won't be rioting for awhile anywhere and will be VERY popular in prison.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Likely the drugs hadn't worn off yet from those who's mug shots were taken.

The good news was this wasn't Los Angeles, or New York City, or Philadelphia, or Chicago or Washington D.C., where these folks would've been released without bail, but are instead still in jail having been denied bail. It looks like they won't be rioting for awhile anywhere and will be VERY popular in prison.
          But ...but ... but ... Soros promised us an early release!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

But ...but ... but ... Soros promised us an early release!
            Shouldn't have come to Atlanta.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm guessing if these were white cops that beat Tyre Nichols, or at least one white cop, this would be a national thing (in fact, I'm fairly certain FF would have started the thread post haste). But because the cops were all black, it just doesn't have that racial bite the left savors after...

Georgia Governor Declares State of Emergency Over Atlanta Protests, Mobilizes 1,000 National Guard Troops

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp declared a state of emergency on Jan. 26, allowing up to 1,000 Georgia National Guard troops to be bought in to help deal with violent protests that have broken out in recent weeks, with further demonstrations anticipated over the weekend.

The declaration is effective immediately and will expire on Feb. 9, unless extended by the governor.

Specifically, the state of emergency is being activated owing to “unlawful assemblage, violence, overt threats of violence, disruption of the peace and tranquility of this state, and danger existing to persons and property,” according to the declaration, under which all resources of the state of Georgia will be made available to assist in the ongoing response to the state of emergency.

Kemp, a Republican, declared the emergency following a weekend of protests in downtown Atlanta that quickly turned violent.

Masked rioters lit fireworks in front of the Atlanta Police Foundation, shattering large glass windows and vandalizing walls with anti-police graffiti.

At least three businesses were damaged when bricks and rocks were thrown at properties, according to local reports. In some instances, protesters used hammers to smash windows. A number of police vehicles were also attacked during the protests and at least one was set on fire, according to the reports.

Protests Turn Violent

“Masked activists threw rocks, launched fireworks, and burned a police vehicle in front of the Atlanta Police Foundation office building,” Kemp’s declaration read. “Georgians respect peaceful protests, but do not tolerate acts of violence against persons or property.”

Six people were subsequently arrested following the weekend demonstrations and given multiple charges, including domestic terrorism.

At a press conference on Jan. 21, Atlanta Mayor Andre Dickens told reporters that some of the individuals had explosives on them.

The protests in Atlanta came in response to the death of Manuel Teran, 26, who was killed on Jan. 18 as authorities attempted to clear a group of demonstrators from an area that is set to be the future Atlanta Public Safety Training Center. Activists have been protesting at the site for months and have dubbed it “Cop City.”

Teran was reportedly helping to lead the protests when he allegedly shot and wounded a Georgia state trooper and was killed when police returned fire, according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.

“Officers gave verbal commands to the man who did not comply and shot a Georgia State Patrol Trooper. Other law enforcement officers returned fire, hitting the man. Law enforcement evacuated the Trooper to a safe area. The man died on scene,” the statement reads.
              Last edited by seanD; 01-27-2023, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                I'm guessing if these were white cops that beat Tyre Nichols, or at least one white cop, this would be a national thing (in fact, I'm fairly certain FF would have started the thread post haste). But because the cops were all black, it just doesn't have that racial bite the left savors after...

Georgia Governor Declares State of Emergency Over Atlanta Protests, Mobilizes 1,000 National Guard Troops
                Again, this was not a protest turned violent because it was never a protest in the first place. Instead it was, as the rioters themselves claim, "A Night of Rage" where they boldly issued a call for "reciprocal violence to the police and their allies."

Comment

Again, this was not a protest turned violent because it was never a protest in the first place. Instead it was, as the rioters themselves claim, "A Night of Rage" where they boldly issued a call for "reciprocal violence to the police and their allies."
                  Tyre Nichols followed on the heels of Manuel Teran though. Everyone's predicting George Floyd-type riots nationwide, but I'd actually put my money on maybe sparse protests with no riots since the racial narrative is not the same.

Comment

Tyre Nichols followed on the heels of Manuel Teran though. Everyone's predicting George Floyd-type riots nationwide, but I'd actually put my money on maybe sparse protests with no riots since the racial narrative is not the same.
                    Right, and the cops in question have already been arrested for murder. But still...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Right, and the cops in question have already been arrested for murder. But still...
                      Let's riot because they did exactly what we want them to do!

Comment

No better reason than that!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"They were only arrested because they were black"

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

"They were only arrested because they were black"
                            Likely by other blacks and they appeared before a black judge and a black prosecutor.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Sparse protests and riots; nothing like the George Floyd violence of 2020.

Wait until it's an inevitable black person killed by white cops. That'll be the one. You got to have that racial narrative to get the left, particularly white leftists really fired up. And the circumstances won't even matter. In fact, even if it's a justified kill, that will be even worse because once they see nothing happens to the white cops, they'll compare it to the black cops that killed Tyre Nichols. Facts and logic won't make one bit difference; it's only about race.

Comment

Sparse protests and riots; nothing like the George Floyd violence of 2020.

Wait until it's an inevitable black person killed by white cops. That'll be the one. You got to have that racial narrative to get the left, particularly white leftists really fired up. And the circumstances won't even matter. In fact, even if it's a justified kill, that will be even worse because once they see nothing happens to the white cops, they'll compare it to the black cops that killed Tyre Nichols. Facts and logic won't make one bit difference; it's only about race.
                                Winter is never a good time for rioting. If the weather had been warmer it might have been different.

Comment