Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ivan Provorov; Off With Head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan Provorov; Off With Head!

What great evil did he do? What was his unforgivable sin?

NHL player refuses to wear Pride Night jersey during warm-ups, citing religious beliefs

Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov refused to wear a rainbow jersey during warm-ups for the team’s Pride Night for LGBTQ inclusion on Tuesday, citing his religious beliefs.

“I respect everybody, and I respect everybody’s choices. My choice is to stay true to myself and my religion,” he said while taking questions in the Flyers’ locker room after the team’s 5-2 victory over the Anaheim Ducks. “That’s all I’m going to say.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...gious-beliefs/
    I guess inclusion does not apply to religious beliefs or contrary opinions...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post

A Canuckistani sports commentator by the name of Sid Seixeiro was in a full on rage demanding that the Philadelphia Flyers be fined a million dollars for not forcing him to conform and comply. Meanwhile his jerseys are selling like hot cakes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      A Canuckistani sports commentator by the name of Sid Seixeiro was in a full on rage demanding that the Philadelphia Flyers be fined a million dollars for not forcing him to conform and comply. Meanwhile his jerseys are selling like hot cakes.
      I just can't believe how woke Hockey has become - don't they know who their fans are?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I just can't believe how woke Hockey has become - don't they know who their fans are?
        Actually from what I can tell nobody but the liberal media cares about this. His own coach said it was fine for him to not wear the Jersey. His teammates don't care, the fans don't care. Just the woke media cares. They are the ones making this into a story.

Comment

Is anyone surprised. Remember during BLM Riots it was "Silence is Violence".

These days it's not enough to not be hateful, you have to actively engage in a positive manner, or else.

Comment

Look at NASCAR

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Look at NASCAR
              That is why I stopped watching after 50+ years...

Comment

That is why I stopped watching after 50+ years...
                My first NASCAR was the Charlotte 600 (which became the World 600 and the Cocoa-Cola 600) when I was a young'un. I was kinda a chubby back then but sitting in the hot sun for that long with only a single drink, I lost 7 lbs. which inspired me to lose 5 more to become the lean, mean machine for the next 40 some years. I think I need another 600 now.

Comment

My first NASCAR was the Charlotte 600 (which became the World 600 and the Cocoa-Cola 600) when I was a young'un. I was kinda a chubby back then but sitting in the hot sun for that long with only a single drink, I lost 7 lbs. which inspired me to lose 5 more to become the lean, mean machine for the next 40 some years. I think I need another 600 now.

Comment

I've actually tightened my belt a single notch since November. One more and I'll be content. Two more and I'll be thrilled.

Comment

I've actually tightened my belt a single notch since November. One more and I'll be content. Two more and I'll be thrilled.
                      Same here. It seems to be a trend, so I'll chalk it up to climate change.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Same here. It seems to be a trend, so I'll chalk it up to climate change.
                        I'm chalking up mine to becoming more active again and not sitting around all day.

Comment

I'm chalking up mine to becoming more active again and not sitting around all day.
                          Ah - so becoming more active again is a result of climate change - right, got it.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Ah - so becoming more active again is a result of climate change - right, got it.
                            Yes. The weather got cooler.

Comment

Excellent point!

Comment