Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I doubt that anyone is actually surprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It has been my experience that dress codes are applied to men far more often than women.

Going back to the restaurant that made me wear a white bus boy's jacket in order to be seated when I was 11 because the rules required all men to have a suit jacket[1]... There was a younger woman dining with an older admiral (in his full dress uniform) wearing old jeans and a rumpled sweater.

Apparently no dress code for women at all or one regularly ignored.

That is the experience here too.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Speaking of dress codes and discrimination. A French man has been complaining that restaurants discriminate against him and he can't find work after transferring into a "black alien" that has included cutting off "his ears, nostrils and even a few fingers; sharpened his teeth and dyed them purple; and covered his body in extreme tattoos."

Here we go...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Speaking of dress codes and discrimination. A French man has been complaining that restaurants discriminate against him and he can't find work after transferring into a "black alien" that has included cutting off "his ears, nostrils and even a few fingers; sharpened his teeth and dyed them purple; and covered his body in extreme tattoos."

Here we go...

Reptilians aren't extra-terrestrials and thus are not "aliens".
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Reptilians aren't extra-terrestrials and thus are not "aliens".
          Tattooing your skin doesn't make you black either, but anyone who cuts his ears and nostrils off along with some fingers so his hand looks more like a claw, probably isn't the (to quote little jimmy) the brightest bulb in the socket.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Speaking of dress codes and discrimination. A French man has been complaining that restaurants discriminate against him and he can't find work after transferring into a "black alien" that has included cutting off "his ears, nostrils and even a few fingers; sharpened his teeth and dyed them purple; and covered his body in extreme tattoos."

Here we go...

I think this is what comes from eating bugs. All that French escargot went to his brain.

Comment

Tattooing your skin doesn't make you black either,
              That's just trans-racism.

but anyone who cuts his ears and nostrils off along with some fingers so his hand looks more like a claw, probably isn't the (to quote little jimmy) the brightest bulb in the socket.
              He'd probably win a lawsuit given the state of Europe.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Running it through an MRI might be entertaining.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Did your Pastor friend support Trump?
                  Did he enter the government buildings amongst the crowd?
                  Yes, we are Trump voters.

No, as I said, he and his wife left directly after the rally. That means they skipped the peaceful and patriotic march to the Capitol building, and the events that followed.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yes, we are Trump voters.

No, as I said, he and his wife left directly after the rally. That means they skipped the peaceful and patriotic march to the Capitol building, and the events that followed.
                    ......... and the outrage that followed...... yes?

This interests me...... religious people like this pastor have seemed to have acted on what they must think had been their God's wishes rather than your country's laws and Constitution?
                    You have said that you would act on what you think your God wants rather than follow your country's legislation ....or Constitution?

Christians have told me before that they would follow God and break laws on the basis that Jesus certainly did prepare and carry out exactly that kind of attack upon the centre of Jewish control .... the Great Temple.
                    Some don't focus too closely upon this because they prefer to concentrate on G-John's version of events but even that gospel describes a similar action by Jesus.

But other Christians tend to focus upon what Paul wrote, that Christians should keep to the laws of the countries where they live. Romans 13:1 & 13:4, Hebrews 13:7.

I've always thought (believed) of Jesus as one who rebelled against a corrupted, greedy, hypocritical government, and so I do wonder how many of those criminals were strong Christians.

Comment

This interests me...... religious people like this pastor have seemed to have acted on what they must think had been their God's wishes rather than your country's laws and Constitution?
                      You have said that you would act on what you think your God wants rather than follow your country's legislation ....or Constitution?

Christians have told me before that they would follow God and break laws on the basis that Jesus certainly did prepare and carry out exactly that kind of attack upon the centre of Jewish control .... the Great Temple.
                      Some don't focus too closely upon this because they prefer to concentrate on G-John's version of events but even that gospel describes a similar action by Jesus.

But other Christians tend to focus upon what Paul wrote, that Christians should keep to the laws of the countries where they live. Romans 13:1 & 13:4, Hebrews 13:7.

I've always thought (believed) of Jesus as one who rebelled against a corrupted, greedy, hypocritical government, and so I do wonder how many of those criminals were strong Christians.
                      You ignored everything he wrote and delivered a canned reply, didn't you?

Comment

You ignored everything he wrote and delivered a canned reply, didn't you?
                        Well you read mine, so why not answer it?
                        was responding to the post that mentioned a pastor at the 6th January demonstrations......
                        Here is that piece again

Comment

Probably not in this case. Trump's team of attorneys were promoting the idea that VP Pence, as President of the Senate, had *implicit* authority under Article II and/or Amendment XII to interrupt the process in some way, rather than just perfunctorily counting the votes. I believe (like, about 60% certainty) that Constitutional scholar Johnathan Turley said this was not something Trump's lawyers had totally invented themselves, that the idea had been around a while and could be a "good faith" legal theory, but it was definitely very fringe, and he believed incorrect.

So I suspect many or most of the people there were in general agreement with Trump's view that all Pence needed was the "courage" to do the "right thing" and intervene.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Probably not in this case. Trump's team of attorneys were promoting the idea that VP Pence, as President of the Senate, had *implicit* authority under Article II and/or Amendment XII to interrupt the process in some way, rather than just perfunctorily counting the votes. I believe (like, about 60% certainty) that Constitutional scholar Johnathan Turley said this was not something Trump's lawyers had totally invented themselves, that the idea had been around a while and could be a "good faith" legal theory, but it was definitely very fringe, and he believed incorrect.

So I suspect many or most of the people there were in general agreement with Trump's view that all Pence needed was the "courage" to do the "right thing" and intervene.
                            .............. So violently invading the Capital building causing deaths was ......honest and legal?
                            Now why didn't anybody tell us that in the UK. All we hear about is the convictions.

Jesus might have done what he did in the Great Temple.
                            Paul wrote that the laws must be kept.

????

Comment

Well you read mine, so why not answer it?
                              was responding to the post that mentioned a pastor at the 6th January demonstrations......
                              Here is that piece again

Again, you ignored everything he wrote and delivered a canned reply, didn't you?

Comment

Again, you ignored everything he wrote and delivered a canned reply, didn't you?
                                I've been learning all that from you.

Comment