Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I doubt that anyone is actually surprised

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I doubt that anyone is actually surprised

    Source: 'It is offending people': Man wearing a 'Jesus Saves' T-shirt at Mall of America is ordered by security guard to take it off or leave - at nation's most famous shopping center

    • Viral video shows shopper being ordered to take off his 'Jesus Saves' T-shirt
    • Mall of America security guards threatened to kick man out if he did not oblige
    • Social media users reacted with fury, as one said he should sue the Mall
    • A Mall spokesman says the man was later allowed to continue shopping

    A man wearing a 'Jesus Saves' T-shirt was ordered to remove the clothing or leave the Mall of America last weekend in a video that has gone viral on social media.

    A security guard at the nation's most famous shopping center in Minnesota can be heard telling the man: 'If you want to shop here you need to take off that shirt'.

    Another clip shows the same guard saying: 'Jesus is associated with religion and it is offending people. People have been offended.'

    The video which was recorded on January 7 has prompted outrage online with one group organizing a protest at the Mall where they intend to wear their own 'Jesus Saves' shirts.


    A spokesman for Mall of America told DailyMail.com that the man was allowed to remain in the Mall following the interaction while still wearing his shirt.

    This is despite the fact guards can clearly be heard threatening to kick him out.

    In the original clip, the shopper is seen in a yellow T-shirt branding the religious slogan.

    The back of the shirt reads 'Jesus is the only way' while the popular 'coexist' - symbol - which advocates different religions living alongside each other peacefully - is crossed out.

    The videos have now been shared across TikTok and Twitter while one was livestreamed to Facebook on January 7.

    One week prior, he had also been issued with a 24-hour trespass for 'soliciting guests'.

    During the tense exchange, three security guards surround the man.

    He can be heard saying: 'I didn't say anything though. I didn't speak. I didn't say anything. I just went to Macy's.'

    The guard replies: 'Again, I'm giving you a couple options. You can take the shirt off and you can go to Macy's and you can do your shopping.

    'Or you can leave the mall, OK? Those are your only options right now,.'

    The officer later claims he was engaging in 'religious soliciting,' which the Mall forbids.

    However the man insists throughout the video that he was not attempting to preach but was simply wearing the shirt while shopping.

    Mall policies prohibit 'inappropriate attire,' including apparel that 'has obscene language, obscene gestures or racial/religious/ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance.'

    The Mall also forbids 'picketing, demonstrating, soliciting, protesting or petitioning.'

    The man was asked on a different day to leave the mall because he was preaching. This time, however, he appears to have just walking around the mall.

    A guard is heard saying: 'Yes, you're walking wearing that shirt in the form of soliciting and we've had guests come up and say they're offended by your shirt.'

    The posts have attracted mass outrage online.

    A Twitter user called John Mason captioned the video: 'I automatically assumed this was overseas, but it's right here in America.'

    Another user Wyatt Sullivan replied: 'If I ever go to the Mall of America again, I'm wearing the biggest Jesus shirt I can find.'

    Meanwhile Pastor Chase Thompson wrote: 'He should sue them into oblivion.




    'This wouldn't have happened anywhere in the U.S. until very recently, and it certainly wouldn't have happened if he'd had a pride shirt on and even 50 people complained.'

    A group called Bloomington Patriots plans to hold a demonstration at the mall on Feb. 4 and is asking attendees to wear 'Jesus shirts.'

    A spokesman for the Mall said: 'The guest referenced in the video was approached by Mall of America security on January 7, 2023.

    'One week prior, he was issued a 24-hour trespass for soliciting guests.

    'After a brief interaction, the guest was not required to change his shirt and was allowed to remain at the Mall.'


    Source

    © Copyright Original Source



    Apparently after the Paul Blart clones failed to intimidate him and realizing they had no legal standing, they slunk off to go yell at some kids for running inside the mall or something else important and the man (apparently an immigrant from Ethiopia) continued shopping.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  • #2
    Not surprised, but very saddened by this.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

      A man wearing a 'Jesus Saves' T-shirt was ordered to remove the clothing or leave the Mall of America last weekend in a video that has gone viral on social media.
      I bet this criminal also prayed in his head!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

      Comment


      • #4



        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by seer View Post
          I bet this criminal also prayed in his head!
          According to the article he had previously been told not to "solicit guests" and banned for a day, but all he was doing here was shopping when he was accosted.

          Maybe conservative shoppers should overwhelm Paul Blart and his boys with complaints about T-shirts they find "offensive." Maybe bumper stickers as well, and demand that the cars be removed from the premises.

          Just sayin'
          Last edited by rogue06; 01-17-2023, 12:02 PM.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            According to the article he had previously been told not to "solicit guests" and banned for a day, but all he was doing here was shopping when he was accosted.

            Maybe conservative shoppers should overwhelm Paul Blart and his boys with complaints about T-shirts they find "offensive." Maybe bumper stickers as well, and demand that the cars be removed from the premises.

            Just sayin'
            What if you find Mall Cops offensive? Especially those dumb uniforms and badges.

            Comment


            • #7
              Is U.S. media covering this at all, or just U.K. media?

              Edit: Young America's Foundation posted the vid. to Facebook.
              Last edited by NorrinRadd; 01-17-2023, 01:23 PM.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

              Beige Federalist.

              Nationalist Christian.

              "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

              Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

              Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

              Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

              Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

              Justice for Matthew Perna!

              Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Source: 'It is offending people': Man wearing a 'Jesus Saves' T-shirt at Mall of America is ordered by security guard to take it off or leave - at nation's most famous shopping center

                • Viral video shows shopper being ordered to take off his 'Jesus Saves' T-shirt
                • Mall of America security guards threatened to kick man out if he did not oblige
                • Social media users reacted with fury, as one said he should sue the Mall
                • A Mall spokesman says the man was later allowed to continue shopping

                A man wearing a 'Jesus Saves' T-shirt was ordered to remove the clothing or leave the Mall of America last weekend in a video that has gone viral on social media.

                A security guard at the nation's most famous shopping center in Minnesota can be heard telling the man: 'If you want to shop here you need to take off that shirt'.

                Another clip shows the same guard saying: 'Jesus is associated with religion and it is offending people. People have been offended.'

                The video which was recorded on January 7 has prompted outrage online with one group organizing a protest at the Mall where they intend to wear their own 'Jesus Saves' shirts.


                A spokesman for Mall of America told DailyMail.com that the man was allowed to remain in the Mall following the interaction while still wearing his shirt.

                This is despite the fact guards can clearly be heard threatening to kick him out.

                In the original clip, the shopper is seen in a yellow T-shirt branding the religious slogan.

                The back of the shirt reads 'Jesus is the only way' while the popular 'coexist' - symbol - which advocates different religions living alongside each other peacefully - is crossed out.

                The videos have now been shared across TikTok and Twitter while one was livestreamed to Facebook on January 7.

                One week prior, he had also been issued with a 24-hour trespass for 'soliciting guests'.

                During the tense exchange, three security guards surround the man.

                He can be heard saying: 'I didn't say anything though. I didn't speak. I didn't say anything. I just went to Macy's.'

                The guard replies: 'Again, I'm giving you a couple options. You can take the shirt off and you can go to Macy's and you can do your shopping.

                'Or you can leave the mall, OK? Those are your only options right now,.'

                The officer later claims he was engaging in 'religious soliciting,' which the Mall forbids.

                However the man insists throughout the video that he was not attempting to preach but was simply wearing the shirt while shopping.

                Mall policies prohibit 'inappropriate attire,' including apparel that 'has obscene language, obscene gestures or racial/religious/ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance.'

                The Mall also forbids 'picketing, demonstrating, soliciting, protesting or petitioning.'

                The man was asked on a different day to leave the mall because he was preaching. This time, however, he appears to have just walking around the mall.

                A guard is heard saying: 'Yes, you're walking wearing that shirt in the form of soliciting and we've had guests come up and say they're offended by your shirt.'

                The posts have attracted mass outrage online.

                A Twitter user called John Mason captioned the video: 'I automatically assumed this was overseas, but it's right here in America.'

                Another user Wyatt Sullivan replied: 'If I ever go to the Mall of America again, I'm wearing the biggest Jesus shirt I can find.'

                Meanwhile Pastor Chase Thompson wrote: 'He should sue them into oblivion.




                'This wouldn't have happened anywhere in the U.S. until very recently, and it certainly wouldn't have happened if he'd had a pride shirt on and even 50 people complained.'

                A group called Bloomington Patriots plans to hold a demonstration at the mall on Feb. 4 and is asking attendees to wear 'Jesus shirts.'

                A spokesman for the Mall said: 'The guest referenced in the video was approached by Mall of America security on January 7, 2023.

                'One week prior, he was issued a 24-hour trespass for soliciting guests.

                'After a brief interaction, the guest was not required to change his shirt and was allowed to remain at the Mall.'


                Source

                © Copyright Original Source



                Apparently after the Paul Blart clones failed to intimidate him and realizing they had no legal standing, they slunk off to go yell at some kids for running inside the mall or something else important and the man (apparently an immigrant from Ethiopia) continued shopping.
                Perhaps they should spend their time dealing with the gang members shooting up one another in the mall instead of a guy wearing a shirt.
                "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
                -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


                "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                Comment


                • #9
                  It is very offensive because clearly Jesus is NOT the only way, and people who say so ought to be taken to task. They are not good neighbours.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why do people still go to malls? Why do they even exist anymore? Like going to a phone booth to make a call.
                    "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                    "
                    Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      It is very offensive because clearly Jesus is NOT the only way, and people who say so ought to be taken to task. They are not good neighbours.
                      If he actually is the only way then you are screwed...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        It is very offensive because clearly Jesus is NOT the only way, and people who say so ought to be taken to task. They are not good neighbours.
                        If Jesus is God as he claimed, then yes, he is the only way, because that is what he said. Now you might want to claim he was just a man and wrong, but then he wouldn't be any way, much less the only way and you have nothing to worry about. But since you are an atheist you don't believe there is a God so your screwed no matter what.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          Why do people still go to malls? Why do they even exist anymore? Like going to a phone booth to make a call.
                          I don't think I've gotten a single pair of shoes online which actually fit me right.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            Why do people still go to malls? Why do they even exist anymore? Like going to a phone booth to make a call.
                            I never went to malls when they were a thing. I hate shopping. I love ordering online or doing grocery pickup. Saves a ton of time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              I don't think I've gotten a single pair of shoes online which actually fit me right.
                              That and clothes are the only thing I rather go to a store for rather than order online. Unless I have already bought a specific pair of shoes that I like and just want to order another pair. Then I will go online.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Diogenes, Today, 04:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              3 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Diogenes  
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 09:45 AM
                              6 responses
                              45 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 09:13 AM
                              28 responses
                              133 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 04:29 AM
                              3 responses
                              42 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gondwanaland  
                              Started by Starlight, 01-28-2023, 10:15 PM
                              67 responses
                              338 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X