Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Threatened Texas Brewery Defends Decision To Turn Away Kyle Rittenhouse Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Ok. I'm not here to quibble

I don't see a huge problem with them. What do you find objectionable that makes them "far right"?
    Where did I say that something 'objectinoable' makes them 'far right'? They're observably far right in their positions and actions. And I fully understand if a brewery that wasn't told all the facts, then chooses to not host them when those guests on that spectrum are later announced. This isn't rocket science.

No. That was not similar at all. Providing customized services is not the same as providing a generic service.
    Thank you for that double standard. At least you're honest about yours.

Child exploitation is a "wow", isn't it?
    The fact that you'd want to force a business to rent them their space is nearly as big of a "wow", snookums.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      Where did I say that something 'objectinoable' makes them 'far right'? They're observably far right in their positions and actions. And I fully understand if a brewery that wasn't told all the facts, then chooses to not host them when those guests on that spectrum are later announced. This isn't rocket science.
      They'll get sued and lose. You can't deny space rental that is available to the public for political disagreements.

Thank you for that double standard. At least you're honest about yours.
      it isn't a double standard when the situations are completely different.

The fact that you'd want to force a business to rent them their space is nearly as big of a "wow", snookums.
      Personally, I think drag shows should be illegal because they are an affront to God and generally disgusting. But my tastes dont get to make laws. Forbidding rental of a space just because something grosses you out is against the law. Not my problem if you don't understand that basic fact. And I ain't your "snookums".
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

They'll get sued and lose. You can't deny space rental that is available to the public for political disagreements.
        Yes, you can.

it isn't a double standard when the situations are completely different.

Personally, I think drag shows should be illegal because they are an affront to God and generally disgusting. But my tastes dont get to make laws. Forbidding rental of a space just because something grosses you out is against the law. Not my problem if you don't understand that basic fact. And I ain't your "snookums".
        Your double standards are clear.

Comment