Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Threatened Texas Brewery Defends Decision To Turn Away Kyle Rittenhouse Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threatened Texas Brewery Defends Decision To Turn Away Kyle Rittenhouse Rally

Interesting. I support the private business' right to decide to no longer rent out their space to the group. I do think they'd have been smarter to do a bit more research into the publishing company that was renting for the event, perhaps find out who was attending before letting them originally rent the space. From what I've seen across Twitter and Reddit on this, though, the fact that Rittenhouse and a 'Texit' guy were going to be attending did not come out until this last week, which led to the cancellation of the agreement when they decided they did not want it at their space. And well.... the death threats toward the brewery after don't help the case of this group and their supporters.

A Texas brewery hit with threats and harassment for refusing to host a rally featuring acquitted shooter Kyle Rittenhouse is staunchly defending its decision.

Southern Star Brewing Co. of Conroe announced Friday it canceled an upcoming “Rally Against Censorship” with Rittenhouse that had been booked at the brewery.

“It’s been kind of a Edited by a Moderator,” brewery CEO Dave Fougeron told The Texas Tribune in an interview Saturday. “But now I’m more certain than ever that I made the right decision.”

The brewery, which had been listed as the event venue, said in a statement on Twitter that it’s an “apolitical organization, but we feel that this event doesn’t reflect our own values, and we could not in good faith continue to rent out space for the event.” It added: “We don’t do rallies, we make beer for people who like beer.”

In a hugely controversial case, Rittenhouse was acquitted in 2021 in the fatal shootings of two unarmed protesters at a racial justice protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time, was armed with an AR-15-style rifle. He also wounded a third protester. He argued that he was defending himself.

Rittenhouse, who was reportedly added to the event lineup Wednesday, tweeted after the cancellation Friday that he was being censored and the brewery had caved to the “woke crowd.”

Fougeron reemphasized to the Tribune that the brewery is apolitical and aims to be a welcoming place for everyone.

“Our place is super inclusive,” he told the outlet. “We are super pro-veteran, super pro-law enforcement. We’re trying to be good people in the community. We’re friends with our firefighters, with our police department. ... We have a lot of gay patrons who come in because it’s a place of inclusivity. It’s crazy that we’re getting threats from people.”

The Rittenhouse rally was also slated to include a leader of TEXIT, a group that advocates for Texas to secede from the U.S., the Tribune reported.

Defiance Press, a right-wing local publisher, was organizing the event, according to the newspaper. The event will “definitely” be rescheduled elsewhere, an organizer told the Tribune.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/threatene...155009941.html
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2262657.html
    Texas brewery calls influx of threats ‘crazy’ after canceling Kyle Rittenhouse event

‘Now I’m more certain than ever that I made the right decision,’ brewery CEO says after ‘s***storm’

A Texas brewery has called the influx of threats it has received “crazy” after it cancelled an event with Kyle Rittenhouse.

The teenager shot and killed two racial justice protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin in 2020, but he was later cleared of wrongdoing at trial.

The Southern Star Brewery in Conroe, Texas was targeted after saying on Friday that a “rally against censorship” with Mr Rittenhouse would no longer be held there. It was initially scheduled to take place later in January.

“It’s been kind of a s***storm,” CEO Dave Fougeron told The Texas Tribune on Saturday. “But now I’m more certain than ever that I made the right decision.”

Mr Fougeron said he first became aware that Mr Rittenhouse would attend the event a few days ago and rejected claims that the event was cancelled after pressure from a “woke mob”.

Instead, he argued that concerns shared by local regulars pushed him to make the call.

The CEO said he’s apolitical and that the brewery works to be a welcoming place for everyone.

“Our place is super inclusive,” he told The Tribune. “We are super pro-veteran, super pro-law enforcement. We’re trying to be good people in the community. We’re friends with our firefighters, with our police department…. We have a lot of gay patrons who come in because it’s a place of inclusivity. It’s crazy that we’re getting threats from people.”

Mr Rittenhouse shared his criticism of the brewery on Twitter on Friday evening.

“It’s really disappointing to see that places continue to censor me and not allow my voice and many other voices to be heard because they bend to the woke crowd,” he wrote.

The brewery said they cancelled the event because it “doesn’t reflect our own values”.

A spokesperson for the event said on Friday that the event would take place somewhere else, according to The Tribune.

The event was scheduled for 26 January and was set to be attended by a TEXIT leader – the group argues that Texas should secede from the US.

Conroe publisher Defiance Press is the organiser of the event, describing itself as “active in the fight against censorship through publishing conservative books which have been widely censored from mainstream media”.
    Moderated By: rogue06

please be more careful with the quotes.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 01-16-2023, 06:59 AM.

Every time I see Rittenhouse's name, I can't forget he shares a birthday with Greta Thunberg. It's hilarious the Right complains about Antifa threats and then proceeds to make the same threats. Thought the bar owner did pull the "I've got gay friends too" card.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

1) Both articles leaned mildly left in the way they portrayed Kyle's shootings.

2) Kyle should have kept his mouth shut.

3) The brewery made a reasonable decision.

4) The owner should have left out about the part about "reflect our values."
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
        Interesting. I support the private business' right to decide to no longer rent out their space to the group. I do think they'd have been smarter to do a bit more research into the publishing company that was renting for the event, perhaps find out who was attending before letting them originally rent the space. From what I've seen across Twitter and Reddit on this, though, the fact that Rittenhouse and a 'Texit' guy were going to be attending did not come out until this last week, which led to the cancellation of the agreement when they decided they did not want it at their space. And well.... the death threats toward the brewery after don't help the case of this group and their supporters.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2262657.html
        Neither story says anything about death threats. Where did you get that information?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So I am guessing the brewer's values don't include innocent until proven guilty...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Neither story says anything about death threats. Where did you get that information?
            Er..... literally the VERY FIRST LINE of the VERY FIRST ARTICLE.....???? And the first several paragraphs of the second one.
            Thanks for making it clear you didn't read either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              So I am guessing the brewer's values don't include innocent until proven guilty...
              Looks like their values include not wanting to be blindsided last minute about who is really renting their space

Comment

Er..... literally the VERY FIRST LINE of the VERY FIRST ARTICLE.....???? And the first several paragraphs of the second one.
                Thanks for making it clear you didn't read either.
                Neither article says anything about death threats...

"A Texas brewery hit with threats and harassment..."
                "A Texas brewery has called the influx of threats it has received 'crazy'..."
                "It’s crazy that we’re getting threats from people."

...which is why I asked where you got the information that these were death threats.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-16-2023, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Looks like their values include not wanting to be blindsided last minute about who is really renting their space
                  They would have to show a history of canceling events that had last minute additions for your claim to be plausible.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Neither article says anything about death threats...

"A Texas brewery hit with threats and harassment..."
                    "A Texas brewery has called the influx of threats it has received 'crazy'..."
                    "It’s crazy that we’re getting threats from people."

...which is why I asked where you got the information that these were death threats.
                    Does it really matter?

How much worse is "I'm going to burn your business to the ground" vs "I'm going to break both your legs" vs "I'm going to rape your daughter" vs "I'm going to stab you to death". What actually makes one threat worse than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Does it really matter?

How much worse is "I'm going to burn your business to the ground" vs "I'm going to break both your legs" vs "I'm going to rape your daughter" vs "I'm going to stab you to death". What actually makes one threat worse than the other?
                      Since neither story describes the nature of the threats, it's impossible to say. I was just curious why Gond described them as "death threats" when the stories say nothing of the sort.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        1) Both articles leaned mildly left in the way they portrayed Kyle's shootings.
                        Not to mention the comment "He argued that he was defending himself" instead of noting that a jury found him not guilty of all charges because of self-defense.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Not to mention the comment "He argued that he was defending himself" instead of noting that a jury found him not guilty of all charges because of self-defense.
                          Anybody reasonably familiar with the case knows there is no question that it was self-defense. One guy took a swing at his head with a skateboard. Another guy pulled a gun on him.

Comment

Has anyone played Kyle Rittenhouse’s Turkey Shoot?

https://rittenhousegame.com

This must be the Right way to cash in on killing people.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Has anyone played Kyle Rittenhouse’s Turkey Shoot?

https://rittenhousegame.com

This must be the Right way to cash in on killing people.
                              You guys LEFT him few alternatives. The MSM made it all but impossible for him to go to school or get a normal job. He has to pay the bills in the mean time as he awaits to become a multi-millionaire from the various settlements.

That same, just the fact that the A & D keys control one function and the Q & E keys another, it looks like a drag to play.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment